Australian wanted on torture charges spotted free in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Why did the Cambodian authorities deport him to Thailand?

Little bit of greasing palms? 

They deported him because they don't want any criminals in their country.

Why have they deported him to Thailand. Only one reason. Thailand is loaded with criminals from all over the world. It's where low lifes meet low lifes. I still don't know why they haven't renamed Pattaya or Phuket to Con City or so.

Edited by FredNL

2 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Apologies to Cambodian officials that i may have cast aspersions on.Caught out by TVF feeding the facts out slowly after the initial "shock"headline,as per usual.I should know better.

"In the wake of his capture, Queensland police told the Post they were “making enquiries into the possible extradition” 

Arh,Qld police,this explains everything.

Reading the "possible extradition", I think he might be wanted for leaving the country while on bail. 
What happened in Cambodia, likely, has little to do with the Australian Justice system.
Having said that, maybe the Brit, who alleges to be a victim, complained.

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

So he was all alleged to have committed a crime in Cambodia. The Cambodian authorities released him. Exactly what has this got to do with Australia?

Does Australian law allow the government to prosecute their citizens for crimes committed worldwide?

How would the Australian government collect evidence to prosecute the alleged crime?

Read the full article and underdtand it before posting nonsense.

25 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...'scamming for 30 years'.....???

...so why has he been freed repeatedly....???

...and what was he charged with in Cambodia...and why was he released....???

Why has he been released every time?   It's very simple, he'd served his sentences and what happens to anyone in that situation is that they get released.

3 hours ago, KKr said:

So, all this means is that Australia has not filed an extradition request ?? Any news about when that will be filed ??

He is away and someone elses problem. A obvious nutter who can drift around SE Asia pretending to be whoever he wants.

He has found a suitable temporary home.

22 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i must pop along to the n'joy bar and get a "selfie" probably living it up in Pattaya by now. to melt in with the other low - lifes.

I am pretty sure it said he was living it up in Bangkok.

Melting in...... did you get the selfie?

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

To get a visa for Thailand you need to produce a clean police record......so why would Thialand accept this criminal from Cambodia? Something not right with this whole story. 

As he flew into Thailand on oktober the 29th it can still be a visa on arrival. As he is from Australia he will get 30 days when fly in and 15 days by land border. For that he do not need to show any paper. Just an up to date passport.

I read this in the news link:

The fugitive has also been linked to the suspicious death of Canadian journalist Dave Walker, whose decomposed body was discovered in the Angkor archaeological park in 2014.

According to Walker’s friends and family, Eglitis misrepresented himself as an investigator probing Walker’s death on behalf of Cambodian, US, Australian and Canadian governments.

So then I went here and started to read this:  http://www.davewalkercase.com/dwpg5.htm

I haven't found anything about this guy in the OP, but it is turning out to be a very interesting story that I am sure many of you would enjoy.

Especially when you get to page 5, which describes the team of people working on finding and investigating Dave Walker, which is where I am now ...and everyone's background.