Yellow book for foreign condo owner in Pattaya.

NanLaew

1 hour ago, Asiang said:

hello, can you explain the process more.

I own a condo, what do I have to do, just visit the city hall to get a yellow book and id card ?

Thanks a lot.

I posted a list of documents required earlier in the thread, if you read the whole thread you will get the idea.

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

List of required docs for yellow book application, Pattaya City Hall. //

Thanks for that! What a short list compared to what was asked to me in 2008! At every visit the list became longer, asking last time letter from the previous owner whose address I didn't have!...

6 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

I live in Ban Bueng, Chonburi. The municipal office told me that I had to be married to get a "Yellow Book".   True or False??  

It's at the end what Pattaya City Hall told me in 2008...

"No Thai wife = No Yellow book!"

but things seem to have changed for the better :)

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

First step in getting an ID card is getting a yellow book, and you get both from Pattaya City Hall. I did it 2 weeks ago. //

Why asking for a Thai ID for foreigner ? (the pink one).  I heard it was source of lot of hassle, like the obligation to declare to authorities every time your travel inside of Thailand!...?

14 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Thanks for that! What a short list compared to what was asked to me in 2008! At every visit the list became longer, asking last time letter from the previous owner whose address I didn't have!...

It's at the end what Pattaya City Hall told me in 2008...

"No Thai wife = No Yellow book!"

but things seem to have changed for the better :)

Why asking for a Thai ID for foreigner ? (the pink one).  I heard it was source of lot of hassle, like the obligation to declare to authorities every time your travel inside of Thailand!...?

I haven't heard anything about an obligation to report to authorities when traveling, (other than normal TM30),  lots of people reporting that it made domestic travel easy as it was accepted by airline check in and hotel booking etc.

I think the "no wife no yellow book" comes from the fact that it helps to know someone with the bluebook for where you live, ie: usually your wife or girlfriend.

19 hours ago, newnative said:

I have lost my yellow book.  I keep looking everywhere for it but it has not turned up. Does anyone know the procedure for obtaining a replacement?  Thanks for any help!

If you have a scanned copy of the lost yellow book, it would be a relatively simple matter of presenting yourself, the scan and an alternative photo ID to the Amphur where the lost book was issued. Maybe file a police report about it being lost/stolen beforehand and take that with you? But you will need your Thai ID number from the yellow book to make it relevant.

8 hours ago, andygrr said:

I have lived in the same house for 12years the house is in the wife's name can I apply for yellow book and ID. House is Nongprue Moo9

Yes, at Pattaya City Hall.

16 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I have been with Mrs NL for the best part of 10 years now and she's never had to report her domestic travel plans to anyone apart from sometimes telling her mum!

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think you would ever need one unless you're seeking permanent residency.

I didn't think I would either but getting in and out of the local LTO with a new DL and getting fast-tracked when buying a car seemed like acceptable benefits to me. Maybe it could be accepted as provenance of foreign domicile for your overseas bank when they start sifting out the tax dodgers auditing account holders? Not requiring to buy the free resident certificate from a local Immigration office when needed is a bonus for some, maybe more so in Chiang Mai where their Immigration wonks apparently refuse to issue them.

Anyway, this thread is about getting a yellow book and ultimately a pink ID card at either Pattaya City Hall or the Nongprue Amphur and directed at those who want to get a yellow book and ultimately a pink ID card at either Pattaya City Hall or the Nongprue Amphur. There have been plenty of other TV threads through the years that debate the pro and con of the whole enchilada; this isn't one of them. Right now I have friends who have lived here longer than I have finally going and getting one just because they can. It is something that certain qualified foreigners are easily entitled to and the reasoning is they may change the rules tomorrow and the opportunity may go away or it may become part of a new foreigner registration effort to actually have one.

I know it's a bit of a stretch... OK a real stretch, but lets say Thailand gets a wild hair up its ass and decides on streamlining the PR procedure, possible upshot of ASEAN integration or a Constitutional change, thus making PR less bureaucratic and easier to obtain but prior possession of the pink ID card is a requisite? Simply thousands could get killed in the rush... and the wailing and gnashing of teeth on these hallowed pages would be awesome.

21 hours ago, digbeth said:

It's the moo in front of the Nong Prue that determines if you falls within the jurisdiction of Pattaya City

Moo 5 and 6, and 9-13, I believe is the area of Nong Prue that's Pattaya

That's good info to know since according to Wikipedia, "... the city of Pattaya is a special municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai." I recall seeing a map that defined these areas and thinking that's handy but I lost the bookmark.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

That's good info to know since according to Wikipedia, "... the city of Pattaya is a special municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai." I recall seeing a map that defined these areas and thinking that's handy but I lost the bookmark.

on Thai Wikipedia and the City Hall's Website, unfortunately no English,

Naklua Moo 1-7 (Whole area) 7 being Koh Larn Island

Nong Prue Moo 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12  and  13 

Huay Yai Parts of Moo 4 

Nong Pla Lai 6, 7 and 8

The definition of the Pattaya area seem to be north from Krating Lai Canal, presumably that's north of Naklua, down to Huay Yai in the south and the east perimeter is 900 meter parallel to Sukhumvit in the darkside

image002.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 10:44 AM, Peterw42 said:

Sure is, did it 2 weeks ago.

Not always been the case, I was turned away a couple of years ago. I live on the outskirts of Chonburi and it is quicker to go to Pattaya DLT, 45 Km, than the Chonburi DLT 12 Km away. I went to Pattaya in the morning and they rejected the yellow book so I went to Chonburi in the afternoon where it was accepted.

Your list of documents is a far cry from when I did my yellow book at Muang Chonburi, all I had to give them was my passport and a photograph. The only downside was I had to wait 6 weeks while they did a police check, but that was about 7 years ago.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I have been with Mrs NL for the best part of 10 years now and she's never had to report her domestic travel plans to anyone apart from sometimes telling her mum!

She is Thai, how can you expect that she knows anything ? And as you also do not seem to be very informed yourself, it's hopeless !

12 minutes ago, Asiang said:

She is Thai, how can you expect that she knows anything ? And as you also do not seem to be very informed yourself, it's hopeless !

If you have issues with TM30 filing, then that is your problem so feel free to start your own thread.

Nothing at all to do with Mrs NL's alleged education, my presumed ignorance or the subject matter of this thread.

That's 3 strikes. You're out!

Calm down,

The pink ID card is Alien card intended to be issued to foreign workers like Burmese and Cambodians that don't have passport and work permit, these cards have very restrictive conditions they'd have conditions listing the employer, and area they're supposed to be working in and can't travel outside designated area without prior notification T.M.30 not withstanding

Does the pink ID card issued to westerners / retiree / permanent residence that's supposed to come with being listed in the yellow book have similar restrictions? 

Of course the Thai nationals ID card has no such restriction regarding the rights to travel and/or reporting change of domicile

45 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Calm down,

The pink ID card is Alien card intended to be issued to foreign workers like Burmese and Cambodians that don't have passport and work permit, these cards have very restrictive conditions they'd have conditions listing the employer, and area they're supposed to be working in and can't travel outside designated area without prior notification T.M.30 not withstanding

Does the pink ID card issued to westerners / retiree / permanent residence that's supposed to come with being listed in the yellow book have similar restrictions? 

Of course the Thai nationals ID card has no such restriction regarding the rights to travel and/or reporting change of domicile

Pink ID doesnt list anything about where you work. There is something on the back about "cannot move to another area", but as the lady issuing the card explained, that means if I move permanently from Pattaya to Chaing Mai tomorrow, I cant just change my address on the card , I need to get a new card from the Ampher I move to.

The person can move, the card cannot. (a little lost in translation). She said no restriction on travel.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

Not always been the case, I was turned away a couple of years ago. //

Didn't Petewerw42 just confirm that YB was still not accepted for the Driving Licence at Pattaya? (excepted)

Edited by Pattaya46

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh... Unsure... ??

Didn't Petewerw42 just confirm that YB was still *not* accepted for the Driving Licence at Pattaya?

(Or my bad understanding of English? excepted, so not accepted??)

Yellow book IS accepted at Pattaya DLT. Show your yellow book and renew licenses.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Pink ID doesnt list anything about where you work. There is something on the back about "cannot move to another area", but as the lady issuing the card explained, that means if I move permanently from Pattaya to Chaing Mai tomorrow, I cant just change my address on the card , I need to get a new card from the Ampher I move to.

The person can move, the card cannot. (a little lost in translation). She said no restriction on travel.

Update: Talking to a Thai friend and apparently a Pink ID issued via a yellow book has no travel restrictions, But a Pink ID issued to work somewhere (Burmese, Lao workers) comes with restrictions. I suppose eventually they will issue different cards or have travel yes/no printed on the cards. 

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The same as the yellow book which it SUPPLEMENTS; it cannot transfer but needs to be canceled and new YB issued from the jurisdiction of the new address. Also absolutely nothing like the pink ID cards that foreign workers get as some others have suggested.

Thanks for clearing that up.