Northeast to experience cold weather next week

rooster59

Northeast to experience cold weather next week

0411004.jpg

The Northeast will first experience cold weather next week followed by the North, the central and eastern regions with temperature expected to dip 3-5 degree Celsius, according to the Meteorological Department.

However, the lower Northeast, lower central region and the eastern region will have rains this weekend, thanks to the depression in the lower part of the South China Sea.

Strong high pressure from China is spreading southward and is forecast to cover the upper part of Thailand and this will result in thunder storm and strong winds on November 7-9 after which the weather will turn cold, first in the Northeast.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/northeast-to-experience-cold-weather-next-week/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-05

"The Northeast will first experience cold weather next week followed by the North, the central and eastern regions with temperature expected to dip 3-5 degree Celsius, according to the Meteorological Department."

I better start searching for my pair of socks...AKA....my winter wardrobe.

Would love to send some of the meteorological officials to Minnesota in the middle of January. so they have some idea of what "cold" is.  

Going back to the Northeast next week.

Will search my winter socks and warm bed sheets.

In a country without heating, no insulation and thin windows, "cold" has a different scale.

Walking out the door in the morning at 13 C (55 F) is a different experience :tongue:

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Going back to the Northeast next week.

Will search my winter socks and warm bed sheets.

In a country without heating, no insulation and thin windows, "cold" has a different scale.

Walking out the door in the morning at 13 C (55 F) is a different experience :tongue:

Exactly, nothing to do with Can-ada at all.
Actually the 3rd day just 16 C in the morning now means significantly less than 20 C inside - which by no means is comfortable, especially if one is used to 25 or more ... no such thing as insulation as you said.

Yesyes, no big problem with some clothing, but that also starts to look all different after a few days with 10 C mornings and not much sun during the days due to long lasting fog or dense clouds - 12, 13 C in the living room ... that's when some radiant-heater comes handy for sure, even better a real fireplace.

Rather rare cases though, not every year so far.
And not talking about any mountainous area here btw., just 350m above sea level, standard elevation around.
Plus i grew up with negative peaks of -25 to 30 C, clear full-moon nights especially in January + February - so i was used to some chill way back when ... one of the main reasons to not be there anymore, doesn't get better with age either.

Whoever sits around BKK or even more south has definitely no idea what we're talking about here, lived in Nakhon Nayok for 2 consecutive 'winters' couple years ago and never experienced less than 22 C there ... not even to mention Samui or the likes! 

@ Beats56:  No AC for about a fortnight, neither day nor night ...

30 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Move to Thailand its cooler.

What the hell are you smokin'? Must be some low grade Laotian basement-stairs hybridization.

Urghhh, just keep it! 

Edited by jollyhangmon

Certainly a welcome time of the year, been 20/21 at night around our area lately.  Refreshing driving home the other night on country roads, windows down, cool air rushing through - dam_n, it's almost livable here this time of year.  Will be wearing sweat pants, socks and a light jacket soon, sitting outside on the patio enjoying the "cold" weather.  Reminds me, gotta find some old towels for the dogs.  A few years ago during a cold snap, laid towels over them, expecting them to object and stand up.  Nope.  They didn't move, curled up under the towel for hours.

10 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Certainly a welcome time of the year, been 20/21 at night around our area lately.  Refreshing driving home the other night on country roads, windows down, cool air rushing through - dam_n, it's almost livable here this time of year.  Will be wearing sweat pants, socks and a light jacket soon, sitting outside on the patio enjoying the "cold" weather.  Reminds me, gotta find some old towels for the dogs.  A few years ago during a cold snap, laid towels over them, expecting them to object and stand up.  Nope.  They didn't move, curled up under the towel for hours.

The Beagle from my friend has a heatlight in it's netcage (against mozzies). They always keep the light on, even when it's hot (30 at night) and it loves to sleep in there. When "it's cold" the dog even wears a tshirt as well.

yes, some areas experience cool weather every year so; invest in warmer bedding, warmer clothes, a heater/fire place and if you're building  house in an area that gets cooler every year  how about installing a reversible a/c and heating system as they do in australian homes?

problem solved, stop winging.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

The Beagle from my friend has a heatlight in it's netcage (against mozzies). They always keep the light on, even when it's hot (30 at night) and it loves to sleep in there. When "it's cold" the dog even wears a tshirt as well.

The poodle has a shirt, not the other ones.  Good idea about the heat light, tx.