Maya roof top bars

sharktooth

Typically bar topics get lots of interest.  I think the absence of information indicates the Maya bars aren't visited by many TV members. 

I haven't been there, but talked to a barman who told me the owners are complaining about a lack of business (he was on the general theme of how bad the bar business had become in Chiang Mai).  That would indicate some of them are open but not doing very well.

If you need better information you may have to go see for yourself.  Please tell us what you find.

Edited by heybruce

Typically informative answers...

People normally post in light of the experience they have at places. If the best you can do is make sarcastic remarks to people who bother to respond to this type of typically well composed and thought out question, perhaps next time you can put in more effort and be a bit clearer as to precisely the information you are seeking, then those whose answers can't meet your demanding standards don't need to waste their time responding!! As has been suggested, if the answers you got aren't sufficient for you, go look yourself! Maybe you can quiz the owners and ask them to give you a break down of their business plans and show you the accounts. Maybe they'll also give you a typically informative answer likely ending in "off".

Jeez. What do you expect???

Sent using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

most of them gone now ,but all overrated and very over priced . 

I'm very surprised. I haven't been up there in about 3-4 months so can't confirm or deny. But most seemed to be doing O.K. - perhaps not great, and the atmosphere is as nice as it gets in C.M. As far as price is concerned, the Thais drinking there aren't worried about the drinks costing a little more.

Looks like an other failed project, that could have been so nice.

I wonder why everything is so difficult in Chiang Mai.

Bangkok rooftop bars are booming.

Is it lack of people with money?

Or they simply don't want to spend it in Chiang Mai?

Is it the closing times of the bars?

Is it the lack of good business plans?

So little business ideas seem successful in Chiang Mai.

I don't think Myst is overpriced, its certainly less expensive than most of the places in the Loi Kroh. Yes there are cocktails that are expensive but the house spirits and beers are priced the same as most places in the Nimman area.

It has an air conditioned area inside and some good bands, obviously not at the moment. The food is pretty good and if you want to spot planes they fly over every few minutes when the wind is in the right direction

51 minutes ago, Phrafarang said:

I don't think Myst is overpriced, its certainly less expensive than most of the places in the Loi Kroh. Yes there are cocktails that are expensive but the house spirits and beers are priced the same as most places in the Nimman area.

It has an air conditioned area inside and some good bands, obviously not at the moment. The food is pretty good and if you want to spot planes they fly over every few minutes when the wind is in the right direction

I hadn't thought of that, it's a very good location for up-close plane watching.

What kind of crowd goes there, if any?  Do they have pretties?

6 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

Looks like an other failed project, that could have been so nice.

I wonder why everything is so difficult in Chiang Mai.

Bangkok rooftop bars are booming.

Is it lack of people with money?

Or they simply don't want to spend it in Chiang Mai?

Is it the closing times of the bars?

Is it the lack of good business plans?

So little business ideas seem successful in Chiang Mai.

yes , yes , yes and yes . chiang mai is going down the toilet very fast and we all know whos pressing the button .

7 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Overpriced and many cheaper options in that area.

Bingo!  Pretty simple.  The band members can't even afford to drink there.  I can, but one of the big reasons why I can is  that I've spent 35 years avoiding pretentious, overpriced bars.  The facts are that median hh income is under 30k, and likely a lot less for the thousands of students and young singles in the area. It's free to fantasize, but show me a place paying their high rent with 80 THB smalls, and I will show you a place on the brink of extinction.

I probably go to Myst once a week, the owner is an extremely well off Thai and has had some top Thai bands playing. I have seen the Musketeers and Scrub there. They have some attractive female staff but it is not that sort of place. The clientele are mostly hi so Thai's taking pictures of them selves with cocktails made with dry ice and/or flames of some sort. On the right night it can have a really good atmosphere. As for teetering on the brink of extinction, not likely, you are lucky to get a table at weekends and even on a weekday night it is 90% full by 10pm

11 hours ago, Phrafarang said:

I probably go to Myst once a week, the owner is an extremely well off Thai and has had some top Thai bands playing. I have seen the Musketeers and Scrub there. They have some attractive female staff but it is not that sort of place. The clientele are mostly hi so Thai's taking pictures of them selves with cocktails made with dry ice and/or flames of some sort. On the right night it can have a really good atmosphere. As for teetering on the brink of extinction, not likely, you are lucky to get a table at weekends and even on a weekday night it is 90% full by 10pm

Reality check. Thank you. Speculators, negative-types, jealous types....carry on.