U.S. Presidential Election Poll for Thaivisa members

Jingthing

For both U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens ... choose your U.S. presidential preference AND winner prediction  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The historic 2016 U.S. presidential election day is soon approaching.

FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY, this poll invites both U.S citizens and NON U.S. citizens (please identify as such on the poll) to make TWO choices:

-- Their presidential candidate CHOICE

-- Their PREDICTION of which candidate will emerge the WINNER

This is a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll.

If you choose to participate, please make two choices (choice AND prediction). 

For simplification purposes, only the two major and two minor candidates were included in the choices.

Only Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were included in the PREDICTION WINNER part because the chances of anyone other than those two actually winning are infinitesimal. 

Because everything is GROUPED together, yes, the percentages will be weird. I thought this preferable than splitting this into two questions. We'll be able to see the RELATIVE levels with number of votes and the relative lengths of the line graphics.

Null votes, none of the above intentionally left out.

If you want to express NO CHOICE and still want to make a PREDICTION, you can still do that. Just choose a prediction. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

No columns for 'undecided' or 'hate them both'

Null votes, none of the above intentionally left out.

If you want to express NO CHOICE and still want to make a PREDICTION, you can still do that. Just choose a prediction

Introducing the candidates:

Donald Trump REPUBLICAN

Businessman

Reality T.V. Personality

Hillary Clinton DEMOCRAT

Former First Lady

Former U.S. Senator New York

Former Secretary of State

Jill Stein GREEN

Physician 

Activist

Gary Johnson LIBERTARIAN

Former Governor of Colorado

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

My choice is clear...and i can predict that this thread is going to cause a sh#* fest of arguments....much like all the others on the subject. 

Let the battle of the urls begin. 

Well, perhaps.

But it doesn't necessary need to be a debate thread at all.

The purpose of the thread is explicit.

It's a chance for Thaivisa members, both U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens, to express their choice for president and also their prediction on who will win.

They of course are not always the same names. 

Donald Trump

billionaire business tycoon, media personality, teller of harsh truths, cleaner of swamps, action figure

Hillary Clinton

wife of disgraced womaniser and expresident, ex secretary of state of questionable pedigree, historical purveyor of corruption and political favors for money, all talk no action figure for 30 years

NO CONTEST. :smile:

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

Donald Trump

billionaire business tycoon, media personality, teller of harsh truths, cleaner of swamps, action figure

Hillary Clinton

wife of disgraced womaniser and expresident, ex secretary of state of questionable pedigree, historical purveyor of corruption and political favors for money, all talk no action figure for 30 years

NO CONTEST. :smile:

You could have SAID that anywhere.

Here's your chance to vote your preference and prediction.

50 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Ooooooops....i snuck a peek at the results and now i cant vote. 

Trump was right about these things being rigged. 

Hmm.

The mechanics seem to have changed since the software update.

It used to be you could delete any action and re-vote.

I don't see that function now. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Introducing the candidates:

Donald Trump REPUBLICAN

Businessman

Reality T.V. Personality

Hillary Clinton DEMOCRAT

Former First Lady

Former U.S. Senator New York

Former Secretary of State

Jill Stein GREEN

Physician 

Activist

Gary Johnson LIBERTARIAN

Former Governor of Colorado

Minor point that Gary Johnson had been Governor of New Mexico. 

I'd add as a point of fact that Johnson is a Republican, always has been a Republican.

Gary Earl Johnson (born January 1, 1953) is an American businessman, author, politician, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election. He served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003 as a member of the Republican Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

The final state poll in now from New Mexico: 

New Mexico: Clinton 46%, Trump 43%, Johnson 7% (Zia Poll)

As a Kiwi I voted for Madam President. 

To be honest given the importance of the role of the Murican President on all of us and that a moron huckster like Bozo the Clown Trump has got this far, it is quite apparent that some Murican citizens are incapable of having the intelligence to decide such a critical position. In future British, Canadian and Kiwi citizens should be included in the vote to increase the overall intelligence in the vote. Note that Aussies have been left out as that would make the average Trump supporter appear as Einstein.

59 minutes ago, Roadman said:

To be honest given the importance of the role of the Murican President on all of us and that a moron huckster like Bozo the Clown Trump has got this far, it is quite apparent that some Murican citizens are incapable of having the intelligence to decide such a critical position. In future British, Canadian and Kiwi citizens should be included in the vote to increase the overall intelligence in the vote. Note that Aussies have been left out as that would make the average Trump supporter appear as Einstein.

A bit of humor I realize but for better or worse, we're really stuck with our own U.S. citizen voters.

06bruni-master768.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/opinion/sunday/why-this-election-terrifies-me.html?_r=0

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, Roadman said:

Yeah, Kiwi's move to Aussie and the IQ of both countries rise, Piggy Muldoon was a classic wasn't he.

Over getting done by the Paddy's yet?

Image result for Ireland verse All Blacks

I punted on Clinton too. No other choice is there...

Edited by NumbNut
piccie no show

I'm going with 'none of the above'.

I think Hillary will become a pariah and go into hiding, and Trump will win by a landslide, but be prevented from being allowed into office as it would be seen as a 1 party vote.

My reasoning is that I believe the perma-government (the ones that you can't vote for) setup Trump as a strawman opposition and he accepted the role.  Opposition sniggered, then he actually got quite a lot of currency with the voters which was never supposed to happen.  I did until a few weeks ago think she was going to pull a sickie to stop him getting in, but things have evolved a little since then with their punch and judy show.

Are you guys serious ? Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton ? Can they not find a decent candidate ????????? out of an estimated population of 322,762,018 (according to an end-of-year estimate from the U.S. Census Bureau) ????

And if Trump and Hillary are representative for the US population ? I think they have a serious IQ problem.

This whole election is a IQ test for the USA !!!

And I am so happy I don't have to live there !

Regards.