Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Weird someone took the trouble of putting it on supports and abandoned it. Maybe an interesting story.

It's an old people's home. Weird why it has been left like that. Perhaps the local authority ran out of funding to support it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, Ron19 said:

Abandoned Jumbo at Phitsanulok Airport

I could be corrected but are sure that it is/was part of this group.

I think there was originally two of these here.

One Two Go Airlines Co. Lte[1] (Thai: วัน-ทู-โก แอร์ไลน์) was a low-cost airline based in Don Mueang, Bangkok, Thailand.[2] Following the crash of OG 269 in Phuket, Thailand on September 16, 2007, One-Two-GO was banned from flying in European Union nations due to safety concerns.[3] Its main base was Don Mueang International Airport, Bangkok.[4] Always owned and managed by Orient Thai Airlines and owned by CEO Udom Tantiprasongchai and his wife Nina Tantriprasongchai, the One-Two-GO brand was retired in July 2010, and the aircraft re-branded as Orient Thai Airlines.

DSC00487.JPG Abandoned Jumbo.JPG

Looks like one of the Saudi Airlines jumbo I used to take from Damman to Jeddah, similar condition 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, diznax said:

Hello everyone. Can't believe how active this forum post has been over the past 6 years!  I have a request for those who may be able to help me. I'm planning to document abandoned resorts in southern Thailand this summer, especially those affected by the pandemic. Does anyone happen to have any location suggestions? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. You can reply here or PM me, also available via my website or fb page.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Pictured is an abandoned resort in Chiang Mai that no longer exists, shot in 2017.

Dax_CM_resort.jpg

There are at least four abandoned/derelict buildings in Patong (Phuket) alone that I can recall, and I will look out some details if I can find them, a little later on and post them

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

There are at least four abandoned/derelict buildings in Patong (Phuket) alone that I can recall, and I will look out some details if I can find them, a little later on and post them

That's fantastic, thank you!