Highway robbery! Police try to grab driver's mobile as he gathers evidence

webfact

Highway robbery! Police try to grab driver's mobile as he gathers evidence

p2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A tour bus driver who says he was fleeced by a motorcycle cop posted pictures online as the officer tried to grab his phone.

The scary altercation occurred in the northern area of Bangkok near the Mor Chit 2 terminal, reports Manager Online.

The driver of the Chinese tour bus who asked not to be named said that the helmeted expressway officer got on the bus supposedly to check the credentials of the guides.

But the driver knew everything was legal and above board.

According to the driver the officer claimed he :had a right to come onboard and check".

"OK, " said the driver, "In that case I have a right to film".

The officer grabbed him by the collar and his nametag was ripped off.

He tried to grab the phone to erase the clip but was unsuccessful. He claimed his head was slapped in the melee.

The driver said that the officer's yellow bike had no license plate and he could not discern the name of the man. There was no name on the helmet.

A ticket with the number 8312 was issued though the charge was unsure.

The incident happened some months ago. The driver said he only posted still pictures after his company requested him not to make a big thing of the incident. He said he shared the video with friends only.

Pictures were posted on a site campaigning to stop illegal roadblocks with a tagline that said in part: "This bas***d jumped on the tour bus to try and grab the driver's phone to stop him filming near the Ngam Wong Wan expressway".

Manager online said their story was an exclusive.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-09

I agree with the busdriver, ALL policemen should have their name/number open to see for the public, also in western alphabet.

They like to hide their face so they can abuse their authority (which gives the whole policeforce a very bad reputation).

Good on the bus driver! As for the general public, know your "made-up-as-they-go-along' rights and film these things.

If police are doing their jobs properly, there's no need for them to be worried about being filmed and recorded. Same thing the government and righties say about the government spying on us. Can't have your cake and eat it anymore. Times are a changin'. 

15 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I agree with the busdriver, ALL policemen should have their name/number open to see for the public, also in western alphabet.

They like to hide their face so they can abuse their authority (which gives the whole policeforce a very bad reputation).

He looks like a highway robber...no ID, face mask and sunnies.. Maybe he was just practising for future planned raids on buses.

20 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

A Thai policeman wearing a mask says it all.  The only way to control them and junta is by public and international shaming. 

You would have to think he was a little out of uniform, even for a police officer. 

Edited by silent

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

A masked man with no identity dressed as a cop. The Lone Stranger maybe trying to rob the rich Chinese to give to the poor. 

I was on a bus back from Mukdahan and police come on that collecting money from the laos under pretence it for making merit :-/ sleazy low stuff, ignored myself and those with thai ID's but all with lao passports was stuffing envelope with notes :-/  .

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good on the bus driver! As for the general public, know your "made-up-as-they-go-along' rights and film these things.

If police are doing their jobs properly, there's no need for them to be worried about being filmed and recorded. Same thing the government and righties say about the government spying on us. Can't have your cake and eat it anymore. Times are a changin'. 

LifeBlog Cameras.

http://www.wareable.com/headgear/how-to-choose-the-best-wearable-camera

Just like carrying your passport or drivers licence or 2000 bht get out of jail money even if your a good guy.

You need to cover your a***.

It could be you.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Same with the taxi drivers, if they have nothing for the passengers to complaint about, then they should not gotten angry when passengers take photos of their number plates.

from my experience, the number of cops backing down after being asked to present their police ID is very telling.

it's the first thing one should do if in a "strange" situation with cops, ask for the IDs and take photos.

Edited by manarak

Several years ago  I was stopped while driving my car on the Northbound raised section of the Expressway going out of Bangkok. The officer said i had been speeding and they had camera as proof. I asked to see the camera as evidence, as I knew I had been carefully following the speed limit. He then asked for 1,000 baht or go the police station, as my Thai g/f  was not wearing her seat belt. I did not want to waste hours in the police station as had a long drive to Udon ahead. So I reluctantly paid him. I didnt know the what the real fine with a ticket would have been,. I later happened to get to know one of the ladies who works in the expressway toll booths. I told her I was going to stop using that expressway and advise all farangs to do the same. She was very concerned this would affect the expressways image. She told me the policeman had asked far too much money, and that if it happened again to please note the number on the side of the policeman''s helmet, (yes there s one on all real cops helmets)! Then report the cops number to the police or the expressway authorities.

Since then I have avoided that section of raised expressway to Don Muang above Vipavadee Rangsit road, and I always go underneath, which has obviously reduced their ticket sales a bit. But to get to the point I want to make, if there is no number on the side of the cops helmet he is a fake cop., which looking at the pics seems to be the case. Remember to take a pic of the side of his helmet for the number, usually in large black numbers on the white helmet. The cop in the bus pics doesn't even seem to have a genuine police helmet! He's a fake

2 hours ago, BuckBee said:

I was on a bus back from Mukdahan and police come on that collecting money from the laos under pretence it for making merit :-/ sleazy low stuff, ignored myself and those with thai ID's but all with lao passports was stuffing envelope with notes :-/  .

Not just the Thai police. At the Laos border Lao immigration demand 20 baht from every Thai before handing back their ID card or passport. Thais are so used to corruption many just hand over the money without even being asked. I just ignore them, and only once in several trips have they refused to give me my passport back until I paid. Scum everywhere. Just add uniform.

Several years ago  I was stopped while driving my car on the Northbound raised section of the Expressway going out of Bangkok. The officer said i had been speeding and they had camera as proof. I asked to see the camera as evidence, as I knew I had been carefully following the speed limit. He then asked for 1,000 baht or go the police station, as my Thai g/f  was not wearing her seat belt. I did not want to waste hours in the police station as had a long drive to Udon ahead. So I reluctantly paid him. I didnt know the what the real fine with a ticket would have been,. I later happened to get to know one of the ladies who works in the expressway toll booths. I told her I was going to stop using that expressway and advise all farangs to do the same. She was very concerned this would affect the expressways image. She told me the policeman had asked far too much money, and that if it happened again to please note the number on the side of the policeman''s helmet, (yes there s one on all real cops helmets)! Then report the cops number to the police or the expressway authorities.
Since then I have avoided that section of raised expressway to Don Muang above Vipavadee Rangsit road, and I always go underneath, which has obviously reduced their ticket sales a bit. But to get to the point I want to make, if there is no number on the side of the cops helmet he is a fake cop., which looking at the pics seems to be the case. Remember to take a pic of the side of his helmet for the number, usually in large black numbers on the white helmet. The cop in the bus pics doesn't even seem to have a genuine police helmet! He's a fake

I had encountered the same situation as u before but was in Thai neighboring country. Being stop on highway road block and was told that we were speeding and they too have photo evidence, when I ask for the photo evidence the officer start shouting at me telling me " This is my country, This is my law, I say u speeding that mean u r speeding" so I had to issue u summon!!! Summon is 300 for speeding but if u wanna settle outside we can discuss about the price.. haha wad a joke.. I immediately told him to issue us summon

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

37 minutes ago, Freespirit said:

I use that road every day, the "police" stop at the last toll hasn't been there for some considerable time, you can safely return to paying the toll :)

This is what I just love about social media , when the idiots try to extort money , bashings or pin the tail on the donkey , that old camera has got heaps into trouble,  don't be intimidated, it is your duty to tell the world,  what crap they are.....................................................:coffee1:

Only for Thai police! Full name printed clearly at the front of ths helmet, No wearing of that stupid face mask, the station he belongs to must also be printed clearly on whatever vest they are wearing and everybody can refuse the check if the motorcycle has no license plate number. 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We used to have highway robbers in the UK - about 200 years ago. They still exist in Thailand. How quaint.

Still the same only they keep changing the name........ only yesterday UK headline under highway was ' More than 50,000 drivers a year hit with fines on smart motorways'

£1.1 million was take [ just on the Smart Motorways ] from highway fines last year.  !!

Edited by ignis