World leaders bite lips and congratulate Trump

webfact

World leaders bite lips and congratulate Trump

Chris Cummins

606x341_349141.jpg

World leaders have reacted to the surprise result of the US presidential election.

BERLIN: -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel had offered her support to Hillary Clinton, but vowed to work with Donald Trump, but only under certain conditions: “Germany and America are bound together by values: democracy, freedom, respect of law and respect of people regardless of their origin, the colour of their skin, their religion, gender, sexual orientation or their political beliefs. On the basis of these values I am offering to work closely with the future President of the United States, Donald Trump.”

Angela Merkel demolishes Donald Trump in the subtlest way possible http://huff.to/2eTY2NZ 

French President Francois Hollande had a few choice works for Donald Trump during the campaign, but now Trump is the president elect: “This American election opens a period of uncertainty. I would like to approach it with lucidity and clarity. The United States are a leading partner of France and what is at stake is peace, the fight against terrorism, the situation in the Middle East, economic relations and the preservation of the planet. These are the main issues. I will engage without delay in a discussion with the new American administration.”

View image on Twitter

Aujourd'hui, je suis particulièrement fier que @fhollande soit le Président de la République française. #Liberté #Égalité#Fraternité ?? ??

The populist message picked up by the American people following on the back of Brexit is a concern for the European Union.

Letter to congratulate @realDonaldTrump & an invite to Europe for early summit to chart EU-US relations next 4 years http://ow.ly/Q4Iw305ZV6A 

European Council President Donald Tusk spoke to the world’s media:“I listened with attention to President-elect Trump’s call for American unity. And I, in turn, would like to call for European and transatlantic unity. I do not believe that any country today can be great in isolation. But, I do believe that America and Europe can, should and will work together. It is in our common interest.”

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-10

Lectures in democracy and freedom of speech from Merkel and the Germans!  That's a good one. Merkel who unilaterally flooded Europe with moslem migrants who are killing her own people and citizens in other countries.  And the Germans giving fines and prison terms to anybody who complains about it.  I hope Trump removes the American presence from Germany in its entirety and tells the Europeans to fend for themselves.  And put a few tariffs on German exports to the US for good measure.

Edited by Usernames

Trump promised an America less involved in the problems of other nations.

Luckily because most believe that the world would be better without the US omnipresence with its bombers, its embargoes, its aircraft carriers and its batteries of threatening missiles.

I think the EU will benefit from the windfall to distance and get closer to neighboring Russia. And if Trump team create new import taxes, there will be immediate aftershocks. I bet that in Brussels, it is already preparing.

Similarly it is now time for Europe rid of the brake Columbia, to assume his own defense. She has largely financial, technological and diplomatic. Ultimately, it could even export.

Each at home then. Not so bad finally...

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

French President Francois Hollande had a few choice works for Donald Trump during the campaign, but now Trump is the president elect: “This American election opens a period of uncertainty. I would like to approach it with lucidity and clarity. The United States are a leading partner of France and what is at stake is peace, the fight against terrorism, the situation in the Middle East, economic relations and the preservation of the planet. These are the main issues. I will engage without delay in a discussion with the new American administration.”

Le Pen is coming.

22 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Lectures in democracy and freedom of speech from Merkel and the Germans!  That's a good one. Merkel who unilaterally flooded Europe with moslem migrants who are killing her own people and citizens in other countries.  And the Germans giving fines and prison terms to anybody who complains about it.  I hope Trump removes the American presence from Germany in its entirety and tells the Europeans to fend for themselves.  And put a few tariffs on German exports to the US for good measure.

The USA has a presence in Europe for US reasons,  chief of which is economic. In case you missed it, the USA cannot go it alone. It needs to sell its products to  other countries. It also needs to import commodities and goods that the USA  does not have.  Your argument is childish, simplistic and ignorant. 

Trump also wants to tear up NAFTA. Wait until he discovers that Canada is the largest export market for some Red states and that their economies will collapse if  the USA cannot  sell into Canada, and that the USA is dependent upon Canadian fresh water and electricity. It was easy to vilify Mexico. Wait until the USA is faced with  violent hostility to its south. Do you honestly believe that the USA can just shut itself off from the rest of the world? If that's the case, why the blazes are you in Thailand?  Roll that around back and  forth in your noggin.

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The USA has a presence in Europe for US reasons,  chief of which is economic. In case you missed it, the USA cannot go it alone. It needs to sell its products to  other countries. It also needs to import commodities and goods that the USA  does not have.  Your argument is childish, simplistic and ignorant. 

Trump also wants to tear up NAFTA. Wait until he discovers that Canada is the largest export market for some Red states and that their economies will collapse if  the USA cannot  sell into Canada, and that the USA is dependent upon Canadian fresh water and electricity. It was easy to vilify Mexico. Wait until the USA is faced with  violent hostility to its south. Do you honestly believe that the USA can just shut itself off from the rest of the world? If that's the case, why the blazes are you in Thailand?  Roll that around back and  forth in your noggin.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We won. You lost. Deal with it.

13 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We won. You lost. Deal with it.

I didn't lose anything. The USA lost big time. You are about to see what real visceral hatred is. I am currently in the USA for the week and people are having an awww sh*t moment today.

1 minute ago, geriatrickid said:

I didn't lose anything. The USA lost big time. You are about to see what real visceral hatred is. I am currently in the USA for the week and people are having an awww sh*t moment today.

We know what "visceral hatred" is.  We see your posts on TVF continually.

24 minutes ago, Usernames said:

We know what "visceral hatred" is.  We see your posts on TVF continually.

With luck he stops all payments of social security benefits to people who live outside the USA. This is the best GOP  tax reform proposal possible.  I hope it passes.  :smile:

Yes these leaders who stupidly were less than polite and even mocked and ridiculed him. I hope he makes them grovel.  The likes of Junker and sturgeon who shouted down that the man was unfit to be a politician are now eating there words and groveling. I really hope it is on camera when he meets them and he says "what did you call me"? That would be priceless.

A rule for all politicians be polite and respectful, even if you don't like someone, as one day you might have to be nice to them and even bow down.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

He never suggested stopping trade with anybody. He suggested renegotiating bad trade deals. He also never suggested isolating the US 

3 minutes ago, plachon said:

Are you deluded, smoking something or just a droll troll? Nobody is going to bow down or grovel to Herr Drumpf. He will be the biggest embarrassment of a president the US has ever had and will be the laughing stock of every country and leader the world over. He will make George Dubya seem like a genius diplomat by comparison. His minders will do everything they can to stop him damaging US foreign interests any more than he inevitably will, just by being The Donald. But he will get feted by Putin, granted, who has just been handed the biggest gift to his leadership he could ever wish for.

And of course, Drumpf stuck to your golden rule of politeness and respect to others to the letter.....esp within the GOP. :cheesy:  

Guess you don't like the idea of the president of the USA putting America first?

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes these leaders who stupidly were less than polite and even mocked and ridiculed him. I hope he makes them grovel.  The likes of Junker and sturgeon who shouted down that the man was unfit to be a politician are now eating there words and groveling. I really hope it is on camera when he meets them and he says "what did you call me"? That would be priceless.

A rule for all politicians be polite and respectful, even if you don't like someone, as one day you might have to be nice to them and even bow down.

You mean like this one.

image.jpeg

50 minutes ago, plachon said:

Are you deluded, smoking something or just a droll troll? Nobody is going to bow down or grovel to Herr Drumpf

I don't smoke, certainly not a troll look the meaning up. I suggest you read the various newspapers today, already leaders are bowing down and have 'their tails between their legs'. They have just realized how stupid they have been.

Whether you like him or not he has just been voted in. Accept it. It is called democracy and anyone who has it should be thankful. If you live in Thailand you will understand.

Could be a wake up call for world leaders.  Brexit, Trump, Priate party in Iceland, etc.  The world seems to be revolting against the establishment.  Perhaps that's a good thing.  Many governments around the world don't take care of their people very well.  Though they themselves get taken care of very well.

"I offer the next President of the US close cooperation on the basis of these values"

Translation: I will only deal with the US if they accept terms based on my leafy suburb liberal ideas i.e her personal values or it's not at all - she speaks for herself unilaterally, not for Germany..

Memo to Angela: On your way out after German elections make sure you walk through a German train station late at night to feel and see what you created for ordinary Germans.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

HL Mencken, Baltimore Sun, 1920.