You looking at me? Thai youths beat up bank guard for glancing at them

webfact

You looking at me? Thai youths beat up bank guard for glancing at them

p3.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The world of social media went barmy on Wednesday as a clip of a bank security man taking a beating from a bunch of youths went viral.

The man's crime: Doing his job looking after security.

The clip was viewed nearly 200,000 times on @Youlike (clip det) with the tagline: "Attack on bank security - for looking at their faces".

Rattanathibet police confirmed they had received a complaint from the security man of the well known bank. He had a cut eye and bruising to his face and below his ear after the attack on Saturday.

The guard said that he was assaulted by four people and all he was doing was taking care of security looking for suspicious individuals.

He had not made any trouble, he said.

Police are studying CCTV footage to see if they can get a lead as to who was responsible.

Netizens condemned the attack and called for action on youths out of control.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-10

I know this topic has been done to death but I still see on a regular basis in restaurants around Thailand . Kids running around like lunatics , under, over the tables completely out of control and the parents just sit there with that fake oblivious to it all look about them.  The telling thing is 99% of the time the brats are the boys and just allowed to run riot....and the parents wonder why. 

Edited by goldenbrwn1

The yobs probably have connections and know fine well that nothing will happen to them. The Govt. needs to set an example sooner, rather than later, to demonstrate that these pretentious pricks are not above the law...

Bring back the birch....

Edited by merlin2002

Hey lets get this right ok. These are privileged Thai youths. Young Thai men are very privileged individuals. What they did was just keeping the social order in place.. their mothers will make them some thing special to eat tonight for their contribution to social placement and orderliness,at the bank today. After they eat mom will give them money to go buy whiskey and look for other people that need to hard instruction of behavior to men like them selves of such great stature.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Who is responsible for youths behaving like that?

Answer their parents for not bringing them up properly.

Allowing them to behave like little s....s.

When rain doesn't stop play I try to get out for an early morning walk at the very beautiful local park and it's amazing at times how many youths and girls, some very obviously students, are in the park or riding around on motorcycles even on schooldays. There are usually more at the weekend and naturally on school holidays.

I usually wonder if their parents know where they are or even care and a few days ago there was a very revealing post from a member who said his 15 year old step-daughter disappears for up to 10 days during school holidays and her mother doesn't seem bothered.

As a parent I don't like to be too judgmental on other peoples' parenting skills but have to say there's something sadly wrong somewhere.

5 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

My ex wife nephew used to drink and get in trouble when he was 13 his mum said "what can I do "  I said not give money or let him use the motorbike ,her reply was I can't ,it will make him sad .i told them all not bring him my home.now he is in prison somewhere

Line of least resistance, easy way out etc. and all too common unfortunately.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

National Geographic would have advised you not to look at beasts in the wild directly eye to eye.

I didn't know this advice is applicable to evolved humans as well...

If you eyeball a maori (new zealander) that is not  ok and will pay for it if you eyeballed the wronge man...

18 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

I think before condemming the youths......one shoudl look at the actions of these security guards. I have noticed that most of the people working as security guards are basically losers in life  ie upcountry bumkins with little or no education, mostly stupid losers but once in their uniform, they act arrogantly. I have seen many of these in places like tops supermarkets (especially Seacon Square, and Mega Bangna), at Paradise Park, at the various Lumpini Ville Developments at Onnut soi 46, Lumpini Ville Onnut 1,Lumpini Ville Pakred-Changwattana, Lumpini Suthisan, etc. These low-class trash are not taught to be courteous or polite to the tenants, prospective customers etc. 

Actually, hopefully, there should be more thais and youths behaving like these mentioned youths to teach these low class security guards some manners.

I have observed exactly the opposite.  The security guards I've seen, at hotels, supermarkets, shopping malls, etc, are always very polite, and on more than one occasion, Ihave seen them defuse ugly situations with just a smile and a couple of words.  And this sentence of yours:   "Actually, hopefully, there should be more thais and youths behaving like these mentioned youths to teach these low class security guards some manners." , displays extreme hate and ignorance.   I'm guessing that you are quite a miserable person. 

45 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

I think before condemming the youths......one shoudl look at the actions of these security guards. I have noticed that most of the people working as security guards are basically losers in life  ie upcountry bumkins with little or no education, mostly stupid losers but once in their uniform, they act arrogantly. I have seen many of these in places like tops supermarkets (especially Seacon Square, and Mega Bangna), at Paradise Park, at the various Lumpini Ville Developments at Onnut soi 46, Lumpini Ville Onnut 1,Lumpini Ville Pakred-Changwattana, Lumpini Suthisan, etc. These low-class trash are not taught to be courteous or polite to the tenants, prospective customers etc. 

Actually, hopefully, there should be more thais and youths behaving like these mentioned youths to teach these low class security guards some manners.

so you think this is good behaviour ????? resort to violence first ?? how about if you feel disrespect report him to the manager !!!!!!

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Blame it on the parents and the court system.  Also this mentality that Thai people need to have a group of thugs to beat up on one person.

Court system? I thought these kids get off before they ever get to court.

A post containing a derogatory generalization toward Thais has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Were you abused when you were young?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

If you eyeball a maori (new zealander) that is not  ok and will pay for it if you eyeballed the wronge man...

Don't know what the hell you are talking about.I am a Kiwi(just another type of New Zealander !!!!!!!!!!) and have never in my life had any problems with anything like this in NZ.Just as one example in the rugby--------- where would we be without the Maoris. Suggest you open your own eyes before opening your mouth.

2 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

Agreed.  This is not unique to Thailand.

In Australia, in my youth, I was forever getting a hiding for looking at someone.

It is a form of bullying, where size, or in some cases numbers, make right.

As a 90 pound weakling myself I have always wished that everyone carried a gun.  When men are equally armed then it is not might that makes right but rather intelligence that wins.

Bullies only pick on someone they think is easily defeated.