Thousands join anti-Trump protests around country 

webfact

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Notice that he has a lot less to say now than prior to the election. I'm surprised he even has the lack of embarrassment to post at all.

I don't normally agree with you, but I love this comment !!!!  :)
I love ThaiVisa !!
But give Publicus credit. It would be easier to simply stay away for a few weeks, or months........

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Dtrump said:

Would anyone except a Democrat hire a pollster who has been proven wrong on many important issues in a recent period of time?  No.  Of course not.  Protesting Trumps election is like protesting the sun coming up tomorrow.  Only a deranged person or Democrat would do it.  

I did not, and do not, support or approve of the riots. That was made perfectly clear on a few posts. I'm also no contesting Trump's victory or his mandate. Nor did I use the actions of some of Trump's supporters (or their views) to smear all those who voted for him - as you just did with the other side. Carry on.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kind of wrong. Protests all over including trump win states like Florida and Georgia

Far as I understood most were in Democrat/HRC strongholds. There is something silly about trashing their own constituencies, apart from the general bad form.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Far as I understood most were in Democrat/HRC strongholds. There is something silly about trashing their own constituencies, apart from the general bad form.

Oh, you're talking at a local level. I was talking about states. Frankly, I think it would be dangerous now to protest about the election in heavy trump areas, as far as how the trumpists may react. 

Protests and riots are not the same thing. Most of what is going on is protest. 

Edited by Jingthing

46 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

I don't normally agree with you, but I love this comment !!!!  :)
I love ThaiVisa !!
But give Publicus credit. It would be easier to simply stay away for a few weeks, or months........

The kid staying away from politics and being out of touch with the facts would pose the real challenge. Engagement and exchange is good for the soul. Even if some don't recognise the fact or the reality of it. Dealing with it all is number one.

There is also the opposite feeling that we see over there of a soreness in the area of the head and shoulders.

19 hours ago, Diplomatico said:

Poor, poor snowflakes.....boo hoo:

"The University of Michigan offered its traumatized students coloring books and Play-Doh to calm them. (Are its students in college or kindergarten?)

 The University of Kansas reminded its stressed-out kids that therapy dogs, a regular campus feature, were available.

 Cornell University, an Ivy League school, held a campus-wide “cry-in,” with officials handing out tissues and hot chocolate.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/11/scenes-from-the-liberal-meltdown/

Millennials...they dont make em like they used to. 

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Winning an election does not nullify all the losing side's views. Same goes for not predicting the election results.

I agree with that in principle, but I am thinking of the posters who wrote long, delusional tirades for months claiming that it was "impossible" for Trump to win and baiting and insulting members who felt otherwise. At the very least, they should be completely ashamed, instead of popping up immediately and doubling down on posting the same old crap.

Edited by Ulysses G.

6 hours ago, mania said:

They threaten to also do this at the inauguration  will be funny to see them try as there they would not be tolerated...at all...by neither law enforcement or spectators

Oh theyre going to do it for sure...so its picked up globally by camera crews...

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, you're talking at a local level. I was talking about states. Frankly, I think it would be dangerous now to protest about the election in heavy trump areas, as far as how the trumpists may react. 

I see your crystal ball is still functioning at max output.

Even though the rest of can see in real time how the Trump and Hillary supporters are reacting to these protest/riots. We are all going on with our lives after accepting the election results and getting behind the president elect hoping for change he promised. Occasionally seeing news bits of these protests/riots, and feeling disgust and nausea of these constitutionally ignorant kids that have been brainwashed by Hillary stooges and anarchist, through social media. Most of us are hoping no body gets killed or seriously injured, while finding amusement watching these young adults acting like 5 year olds throwing temper tantrums after failing to vote.

Edited by dcutman

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I did not, and do not, support or approve of the riots. That was made perfectly clear on a few posts. I'm also no contesting Trump's victory or his mandate. Nor did I use the actions of some of Trump's supporters (or their views) to smear all those who voted for him - as you just did with the other side. Carry on.

You posted, "Winning an election does not nullify all the losing side's views. Same goes for not predicting the election results."

I posted in response, " Would anyone except a Democrat hire a pollster who has been proven wrong on many important issues in a recent period of time? No. Of course not. Protesting Trumps election is like protesting the sun coming up tomorrow. Only a deranged person or Democrat would do it."

The losing side's view is that Hillary should still be President.  No one but a crazy person would ever use those pollsters that got it wrong again. 

15 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I agree with that in principle, but I am thinking of the posters who wrote long, delusional tirades for months claiming that it was "impossible" for Trump to win and baiting and insulting members who felt otherwise. At the very least, they should be completely ashamed, instead of popping up immediately and doubling down on posting the same old crap.

A bit humble pie wouldn't go amiss. Agreed. Same goes for toning down exchanges, and that goes for supporters of either side.

2 minutes ago, Dtrump said:

You posted, "Winning an election does not nullify all the losing side's views. Same goes for not predicting the election results."

I posted in response, " Would anyone except a Democrat hire a pollster who has been proven wrong on many important issues in a recent period of time? No. Of course not. Protesting Trumps election is like protesting the sun coming up tomorrow. Only a deranged person or Democrat would do it."

The losing side's view is that Hillary should still be President.  No one but a crazy person would ever use those pollsters that got it wrong again. 

Many of those who voted for HRC did so because they saw her as the lesser of two evils, not because they thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. The same, in reverse,  goes for many of Trump's voters. So might as well say a lot of voters view was that the other side's candidate should not be president. May partially explain the low attendance.

As for pollsters, you are probably wrong. They will be hired again. Same as they get hired on any campaign. Perhaps, though, those hiring them will develop more caution and those hanging on to polls will be a bit less sure of results. Far as I know, there aren't no pollsters who are always right. Trump's campaign changed pollsters midway, I think. The GOP employed pollsters they worked with before. One reason is that pollsters get quite a bit of inner circle access, and politicians like these to be people they can trust, or at least people who are discreet. 

48 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

The angry winners just keep trooping right on by and along. It's okay tho cause some of 'em look cute when they scowl.  :cool:

The campaign is over. So get over it. President-Elect Trump is already doing a new song and dance with tophat high as ever above his head. (Given his brief attention span he should be careful he doesn't trip to fall off the stage.)

I for one am busy trying to find out what happened. And what it might mean.

A major factor I've uncovered -- one of 'em -- is that the rural vote across the country turned out in greater numbers than the usual, and that they made the difference in three states that had been Blue since the 1980s to decide the election. What I perhaps pithily call the shitkicker vote.

Image result for images of ma and pa kettle

I further noticed that former SecState Clinton has consistently been ahead of Potus-Elect Trump in the Popular Vote -- and that her leading margin continues to only increase. Let's see how that turns out. And let's see how the Right Sector continues to dismiss it as having any value, importance, consequence to the USA presently and going forward.

The Popular Vote.

Edited by Publicus
Unsuccessful spacing and btw the new formatting sucks.

Protest, protest, protest until the fascist orange monster is run out of office tared and feathered on a rail, along with his ultra right wing VP. It isn't about Clinton, it's about the system that allowed such despicable candidates to even run for dawg catcher.

12 minutes ago, Publicus said:

I for one am busy trying to find out what happened. And what it might mean.

What happened is that Trump won in a HUGE way and all your "inevitable" predictions were proven wrong. A slight lead in the popular vote is meaningless as far as electing the president when the electoral votes were so overwhelming. 

Edited by Ulysses G.

4 minutes ago, sgtsabai said:

Protest, protest, protest until the fascist orange monster is run out of office tared and feathered on a rail, along with his ultra right wing VP. It isn't about Clinton, it's about the system that allowed such despicable candidates to even run for dawg catcher.

Might one humbly suggest you switch off CNN, refrain from using offensive and derogatory names for the President elect, and start coming to terms with the vote results. You are living in a democracy, which along with rights, comes with a required degree of responsibility. Throwing the mother of all hissy fits is absolutely inappropriate, not to mention immature. You will have your chance again in 4 years time to cast your vote for MSM's current darling of the month. Move past denial and anger, and on to acceptance, you will feel much better for it I promise you. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Can't support a fascist takeover of America. Accept be won. That's a tragic fact. He won so dirty and hateful he will never be able to unify. Yes the clown knows how to win. That's not good enough.

What a sore loser, how often did you spout out 'Madam President', you must really be hurting.

32 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

What happened is that Trump won in a HUGE way and all your "inevitable" predictions were proven wrong. A slight lead in the popular vote is meaningless as far as electing the president when the electoral votes were so overwhelming. 

Deny, deny, deny.

20 minutes ago, Publicus said:

People who jumped up and down calling President Obama a racist and a traitor to mention just two of their items now demand respect of the office.

:cheesy:

:clap2:

We always demanded respect for the Office, just not the guy holding it the past 8 years, His track record speaks for itself. Boots on the ground? Yep, trying to clean up a mistake in Irag, among others. I wonder if we'll hear Trump whining and bitching like a little girl for years, about the mess he inherited.