Thousands join anti-Trump protests around country 

webfact

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family worked of Trump Towers in NYC in the early Eighties.  After every floor was finished Trump would throw the guys an elaborate party..  I went and met him once.  He was a real regular guy.  Down to eart,  Everybody seemed to like him.

I know I did.

My family worked of Trump Towers in NYC in the early Eighties.  After every floor was finished Trump would throw the guys an elaborate party..  I went and met him once.  He was a real regular guy.  Down to eart,  Everybody seemed to like him.

I know I did.
That's how you choose a president? Oy.

On 11/14/2016 at 8:16 AM, Linzz said:

Rural deplorables have only one vote and urban cosmopolitans should have 2 votes don't you know!

Oh the irony.  The electoral college achieves the exact opposite, except it is up to 3-1 as far as I remember.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:45 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish I could post a VDO of the Mad Hatter doing his little victory dance in reply to every post whining about Trump or the popular vote, but it would probably be called stalking, as it's the same few people doing all the whining.

It would be called ignoring the Popular Vote so post the VDO if it might cheer up youse guys for a change. You won btw although it's hard to see how you all over there might be aware of it. (Maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet -- these things can occur in stages y'know.)

Hillary Clinton being on track to win the Popular Vote is to the Right Sector the inconvenient truth of the 2016 election of Potus. While Al Gore won the Popular Vote in the contested 2000 election by 500,000 votes, Hillary is winning it by twice that and then a bit -- more than a million of 'em. The counting isn't over although the remaining outstanding ballots continue to dwindle down on Trump.

Would the Trump mad cap btw be preferred as white or red? Or do you have 'em in both colors. Inquiring minds want to know.

On 11/17/2016 at 5:20 PM, Luckysilk said:

Not to worry once the POTUS starts making America great again they'll take credit as if they had something to do with it.

The sooner barry Hussein bama is gone the better.

Funny you'd say such a thing.

Hey, I'd like to see a Potus Trump do a Stephen Segal on the CCP Dictators in Beijing. I'd take to the streets in support of it in a flash. Let Trump grab a pool cue and wipe 'em all out crack smack in a flash too besides. Then shaft 'em.

Start with the South China Sea. But bust CCP completely by stop selling 'em T-Bills to crash their rmb/yuan and thus the CCP Party-state monopoly corporations. The CCP owned banks would go under and Trump, who boasts of the world's largest bank, ICBC of the Boyz in Beijing being in Trump Tower, could buy it for a buck. Other CCP banks too. The USA would gain unimaginably by a CCP fire sale of the People's Republic over there. We could spread the spoils (some) among our allies in East Asia and in Europe. A good time would be had by all, as the old saying goes.

Yes, I'd like to find out for sure if Donald Trump has two big ones or two little ones down there. And whether they're where they should be or whether they're strictly in his mouth. One suspects the latter. 

I recall very well that before the elections there were posts on this forum which argumented with the Trump supporters that he might well win the popular vote but never would win the EC votes, so never would be the next president

It are the same posters that now argue that the EC vote should be withheld in selecting the next President of the United States.

Welcome MISTER President.

44 minutes ago, mania said:

This lefty group could never survive that era....

Today  with so many liberal Sour Grapes....It is not surprising they have so much whine

I came from a fairly poor family.  Worked hard started a couple of my own businesses.  Though I was a bit of a late starter but went back to school which resulted in having a successful Medical practice in San Diego.

I used to teach quite a bit, first year Med students.  Interestingly, mostly Asians and mostly women at UCSD.

I used to ask them "where are all the white kids doing crack."  Entertaining the students was key, especially While teaching Pathophysiology which can be dead boring.

I was always amazed when I would digress to news, politics or ANY other topic how I would invariably get the "deer in the head lights look!"

These were "smart" kids but clueless beyond their required studies.  Most drove super expensive cars from daddy ( I sometimes challenged to race for pink slips  :ermm: )Actually it was unnerving to see how clueless they really were.  

They were crippled when talking about social or global issues. There was one gorgeous Taiwanese girl who I knick named "Paris" after Paris Hilton because of all the similarities to her.  She thought it was cute.  There were times I got called into the academic dean's office for getting on their case.

Anyway if there's any justice it's that the "millennials" are pretty much totally screwed.  Let's see what they'll buy with bad attitude.  No cheese with that whine...:hit-the-fan:

9 hours ago, Publicus said:

Funny you'd say such a thing.

Hey, I'd like to see a Potus Trump do a Stephen Segal on the CCP Dictators in Beijing. I'd take to the streets in support of it in a flash. Let Trump grab a pool cue and wipe 'em all out crack smack in a flash too besides. Then shaft 'em.

Start with the South China Sea. But bust CCP completely by stop selling 'em T-Bills to crash their rmb/yuan and thus the CCP Party-state monopoly corporations. The CCP owned banks would go under and Trump, who boasts of the world's largest bank, ICBC of the Boyz in Beijing being in Trump Tower, could buy it for a buck. Other CCP banks too. The USA would gain unimaginably by a CCP fire sale of the People's Republic over there. We could spread the spoils (some) among our allies in East Asia and in Europe. A good time would be had by all, as the old saying goes.

Yes, I'd like to find out for sure if Donald Trump has two big ones or two little ones down there. And whether they're where they should be or whether they're strictly in his mouth. One suspects the latter. 

Honestly now that's just silly...:giggle:  Isn't It?

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I came from a fairly poor family.  Worked hard started a couple of my own businesses.  Though I was a bit of a late starter but went back to school which resulted in having a successful Medical practice in San Diego.

I used to teach quite a bit, first year Med students.  Interestingly, mostly Asians and mostly women at UCSD.

I used to ask them "where are all the white kids doing crack."  Entertaining the students was key, especially While teaching Pathophysiology which can be dead boring.

I was always amazed when I would digress to news, politics or ANY other topic how I would invariably get the "deer in the head lights look!"

These were "smart" kids but clueless beyond their required studies.  Most drove super expensive cars from daddy ( I sometimes challenged to race for pink slips  :ermm: )Actually it was unnerving to see how clueless they really were.  

They were crippled when talking about social or global issues. There was one gorgeous Taiwanese girl who I knick named "Paris" after Paris Hilton because of all the similarities to her.  She thought it was cute.  There were times I got called into the academic dean's office for getting on their case.

Anyway if there's any justice it's that the "millennials" are pretty much totally screwed.  Let's see what they'll buy with bad attitude.  No cheese with that whine...:hit-the-fan:

I'll bet you were a great Pathophysiology teacher but you should stick to that. I've paid a couple hundred thousand dollars over the past few years to get my daughters a university education and one came home last weekend to tell me her Chemistry teacher did a 30 minute riff on the state fof the nation under Trump and her Microbiology prof did 15 minutes on why all white men should die. Thanks but no thanks.

Just now, lannarebirth said:

I'll bet you were a great Pathophysiology teacher but you should stick to that. I've paid a couple hundred thousand dollars over the past few years to get my daughters a university education and one came home last weekend to tell me her Chemistry teacher did a 30 minute riff on the state fof the nation under Trump and her Microbiology prof did 15 minutes on why all white men should die. Thanks but no thanks.

However a "good" teacher should produce a well rounded student, that is introspective, observant and intuitive. Especially when they are on track to come out as physicians.

Bottom line my "evals" were always high 90's with the customary one student that hated me. I was also the unofficial most popular teacher in my department.  So I guess you can take your opinion and well you know "file it."  By the way what is/was your career?

7 minutes ago, joeyg said:

However a "good" teacher should produce a well rounded student, that is introspective, observant and intuitive. Especially when they are on track to come out as physicians.

Bottom line my "evals" were always high 90's with the customary one student that hated me. I was also the unofficial most popular teacher in my department.  So I guess you can take your opinion and well you know "file it."  By the way what is/was your career?

My feeling is agood institution of higher learning should produce a well rounded student. Teachers vary widely.  I am a US licensed Master Mariner.

23 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Well, I am sure that your students appreciated a Pathophysiology class where they got lectures that might be more appropriate for a political science class.   I certainly wouldn't have engaged a teacher in such an off-topic discussion.   I doubt very much that the young lady from Taiwan knew 'nothing' about global issues.   

From your posts I can only assume you eminently unqualified to discuss these issues in an unbiased and informative manner.

12 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

My feeling is agood institution of higher learning should produce a well rounded student. Teachers vary widely.  I am a US licensed Master Mariner.

Then stick to what you're considered expert in.  I was considered expert in my field.  You know what they say about opinions right?  US Licensed Mariner? So are you a merchant marine?  What kind of work do you do?

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Then stick to what you're considered expert in.  I was considered expert in my field.  You know what they say about opinions right?  US Licensed Mariner? So are you a merchant marine?  What kind of work do you do?

I DO stick to what I consider myself expert in. You say you were expert in your field and I've no reason to doubt that, so why are you wasting the student's time and the parents money talking about news and politics at $300/credit hour.

Yes, US Merchant Marine, last sailed as Master.

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I DO stick to what I consider myself expert in. You say you were expert in your field and I've no reason to doubt that, so why are you wasting the student's time and the parents money talking about news and politics at $300/credit hour.

Yes, US Merchant Marine, last sailed as Master.

Why am I wasting student's time?  I value your opinion as a sailor.  However it is not important to me in academia. Please speak about what you are qualified in.

On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 2:45 AM, F4UCorsair said:

God forbid ANYTHING that delays a handover, to anybody, rather than the Incumbent.

Exactly right. Do the people that are advocating the EC voters renege and elect her instead have any idea of the repercussions that would ensue if such happened?

38 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well, I am sure that your students appreciated a Pathophysiology class where they got lectures that might be more appropriate for a political science class.   I certainly wouldn't have engaged a teacher in such an off-topic discussion.   I doubt very much that the young lady from Taiwan knew 'nothing' about global issues.   

From your posts I can only assume you eminently unqualified to discuss these issues in an unbiased and informative manner.

I did lecture in political science.  I would digress from time to time on a myriad of topics just to see how hungover they were and break up a very "dry" but important subject.  Yes you probably would be the one student that hated me in a "sea" of 5 outa 5, 95% "evals"  There is always one.

Why wouldn't a medical grad student from Taiwan know anything about global issues.  She was well versed in designer clothes, shoes and who was winning on American Idol.  Funny she thought the engine on her Porsche 911 Turbo S was in the front.

And you know what they say about people that "Assume" right.  What is your field of expertise? What is your job?

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

seems to be the case….just watched a documentary via TVO called My Life As A Millennial

the most educated group….with the worst employment prospects in decades….spend years going from one intern job to another…have broadcast journalism degrees but cleaning hotel rooms to get by….totally underemployed….if these are the folks protesting trump, it's pathetic.

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

seems to be the case….just watched a documentary via TVO called My Life As A Millennial

the most educated group….with the worst employment prospects in decades….spend years going from one intern job to another…have broadcast journalism degrees but cleaning hotel rooms to get by….totally underemployed….if these are the folks protesting trump, it's pathetic.

Karma's a bitch huh?

Millennials Lead the Trump protests  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/11/13/baby_boomers_teach_millennials_right_response_to_trump_132336.html

Don't hate me because I came from nothing, worked hard and became a successful physician.  I also helped Thousands of clueless millennials achieve that goal.  Not only in class but personally mentoring them.  I loved my students and I loved teaching.  Fortunately it showed.

A select few stay in touch with me expressing gratitude for "opening their eyes" via my "political science" lectures.   LOL!!! I was a great teacher and I'm proud of it.  They say I gave them an edge and prepared them for success in the real world.

Fortunately most, not all, who stay in touch voted for Trump.  Yes they are the successful ones.

On 11/10/2016 at 0:56 PM, lannarebirth said:

People on my wife's Facebook page howling with laughter over the protests against a democratic election outcome. this after the US has been so preachy toward the Thai government about restoring democracy. Something about red water buffaloes...

howl away as in the U.S the military wont step in to bring "happiness", whose  gonna  have the last laugh

Archived