Celebrities express dismay, hope at Donald Trump's victory

webfact

Celebrities express dismay, hope at Donald Trump's victory

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donald Trump's election stunned many, including celebrities who overwhelmingly supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Here's how some of them reacted to his victory:

— "Canada has just started building a wall." — Comedian Ricky Gervais.

— "Great faith in God works. Mr @realDonaldTrump I'm proud to call you President of the United States of America. And First Lady @melaniatrump." — Actor Scott Baio.

— "Never before have so many Americans been asked to accept a President who specifically targeted them with hate and suspicion" — Singer-songwriter John Legend.

— "Just was watching the news... maybe they'll ask me to sing 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' at the inauguration, ha!" — Mick Jagger.

— "I will never give up on this. I will spend my life fighting for girls to be seen, heard, & valued. Beware a redhead #nastywomenkeepfighting" — Actress Jessica Chastain.

— "We are staring into the face of our darkest self America. Why does it have to have a dyed combover??" — Actress Connie Britton.

— "Anyone else wanna puke?" — Actress Kristen Bell.

— "I need to wake up early and buy tons of stock in a wall building company! And logs! And metal! And levelers!" — Writer-director Judd Apatow.

— "Our President-elect gave a gracious acceptance speech this AM, making clear what a great leader he will be. It is morning in America again!" — Actor James Woods.

— "I can't stop thinking about the millions of Mexicans that live and work in the US and are awaking today in a country where Trump is president" — Actor-director Diego Luna.

— "I am scared. I will fight. Trump will not crush my spirit. Hope fuels the fire in my belly to seek the change I want to see in this country." — Actress Gabrielle Union.

— "Happy hippies, we adjust, and we accept everyone for who they are. So, Donald Trump, I accept you. And this hurts to say, but I even accept you as a President of the United States. And that's fine. That's fine, because now I want to be a hopeful hippie." — Singer Miley Cyrus in a tearful two-minute video.

— "This new president has a lot of work ahead of himself to heal the divide, I wish him well. For the sake of our beautiful country. Not the blue states. Not the red states, but for THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA." — Actress-producer Eva Longoria.

— "It's a tough time. It's a real sobering moment, I think, for the country. It was really disheartening to see, all of a sudden, the pride that people have for this country just sort of dwindle down to a deep, deep sadness. But there's still so much to be done. There's so much pain and things that need to be fixed." — Singer and stage actress Deborah Cox, in an interview.

— "Dear God Please let Ruth Bader Ginsburg live to be 120." — Actor-comedian Albert Brooks.

— "Bullying can't be allowed. Sexism can't be allowed. Racism can't be allowed. Homophobia can't be tolerated. Become activists. Prepare for the next cycle. If senators and congressmen stay the obstructionist they've become VOTE THEM OUT. This is our country." — Actress Octavia Spencer.

— "Has SNL just thrown all their money at Alec Baldwin yet? This is gonna be a long 4 years." — Model Chrissy Teigen.

— "We survived 8 years of Bush. We can survive 2 1/2 years of Trump. Laugh at the darkness and go easy on yourselves, okay?" — Comedian Patton Oswalt.

— "At least pot's legal." — Actor-producer Seth MacFarlane, reacting to voters legalizing recreational marijuana use in California, Massachusetts and Nevada.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-11-10

US election 2016: Celebrities react to Donald Trump victory

Celebrities have been reacting to the election of Donald Trump as US president, with many in showbusiness shocked at the outcome of the vote.

Singer Cher said "the world will never be the same", while pop star Ariana Grande said she was "in tears".

Others remained more upbeat, with Madonna tweeting: "We never give up".

But his supporters were celebrating, including actor Stephen Baldwin, who tweetedthat he was "proud to have been part of such amazing history".

Actor Steven Seagal wrote: "Congratulations @realDonaldTrump for your stunning victory over your opponent! Looking forward to making America great again!"

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37921426

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-11-10

On a certain website that is looked down upon here , there is a list of all the celebs that have said they would leave the US , if DT became president :

Bryan Cranston , Samuel L. Jackson , Lena Dunham , Neve Campbell , Cher , Miley Cyrus , Barbara Streisand , Ne-Yo , Amy Schumer , Chelsea Handler , Jon Stewart , Whoopi Goldberg , Keegan-Michael Key , Al Sharpton. Let's see if they really leave !!

It seems Canada needs a wall too !

Edited by BuaBS

saw this on the internet...I loled...

"Dear Hollywood celebrities, Some of you I really like, some of you I admire. But make no mistake, the only reason you exist is for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the **** out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want to see you again.

1 minute ago, crankshaft said:

saw this on the internet...I loled...

"Dear Hollywood celebrities, Some of you I really like, some of you I admire. But make no mistake, the only reason you exist is for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the **** out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want to see you again.

Love that! 

I'm no celebrity but I left USA while GWBush was still a first term President --  the counties where I stay in Florida were all 70-80% for Trump. At least in Thailand, if I don't want to hear about it, I don't have to hear about it and, after reading the Trump Troika here on ThaiVisa, I can just shut it off.

Edited by JLCrab

11 hours ago, Penicillin said:

I don't see any that say they are moving to Mexico.

Whyever not? They are always professing how much they like Mexicans (at least once every 4 years)  - especially when they live on somebody else's street.

Disclosure nothing against Mexicans, post is against hypocrites.

Edited by mokwit

19 hours ago, BuaBS said:

On a certain website that is looked down upon here , there is a list of all the celebs that have said they would leave the US , if DT became president :

Bryan Cranston , Samuel L. Jackson , Lena Dunham , Neve Campbell , Cher , Miley Cyrus , Barbara Streisand , Ne-Yo , Amy Schumer , Chelsea Handler , Jon Stewart , Whoopi Goldberg , Keegan-Michael Key , Al Sharpton. Let's see if they really leave !!

Sure they will for a holiday in Cuba before, you know, it gets too commercial and uncool.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, BuaBS said:

Naah.   Canada's safe.  These spoiled celebrity brats were just contributing their usual hot air to global warning.   Why so many attach any significance at all to their vacuous nattering is the true cultural phenomenon.   Just because they were on Kimmel last week doesn't actually mean they're any smarter than a fifth-grader...   ('With apologies to you fifth-graders out there; you know who you are.)