It's not a record but full marks for trying - 37 Cambodians in a minivan!

webfact

8 hours ago, dotpoom said:

aI can see by the posters that none of them ever had to virtually go through hell to improve the quality of their lives and for the betterment of their families back home. 

Hell doesn't actually exist, very much like heaven doesn't.

But what sort of postings were you expecting ?

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Hell doesn't actually exist, very much like heaven doesn't.

But what sort of postings were you expecting ?

Agree on heaven, but certainly hell exists and could probably show you a few.

As for expectations, any regular here would be a fool to expect anything but the sad postings so prevalent on these strings.

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I suggest you try being less moronic in your observations.

Great timing Jon, and  a big thanks for providing a perfect, timely  example of who I'm talking about in my 'moronic' observations.

....and, adapting the famous observation of a great philosopher: "When an idea and  some writing collide, must it always be the writing that's empty?  

Desperate people............... desperate for a meal, a job, a future, and with Hun Sen in charge, they have every reason to feel desperate.  He's all that is bad, and not much that is good.

40+ years since Pol Pot, and not enough has changed for the Khmers, no mass killings, but not much of a future for many/most either.

I spent some time working there, early 2000's, and they are delightful people.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

On 11/11/2016 at 11:58 AM, freebyrd said:

Khmers are a lovely people, but they have to take a pragmatic view on life. We should all remember how long it took for the west to develop to a reasonable level of sophistication. The only example that immediartely springs to mind, off subject, I apologise for that, is in England, my country, 140 years ago we still hung 9 year old boys for stealing a loaf of bread - most assuredly because the child had to.......

Nonsense

14 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Care to expand on that?

OK ... in 1876 no 9-year-olds in the UK were executed for anything, let alone for stealing a loaf of bread.  

" Probably the youngest child executed in  England  was John Dean who was convicted of arson at the Abingdon Assizes on  the 23rd of February 1629 .  His age is given in “The Annals of Windsor” as between eight and nine years and he had set fire to two houses in  Windsor".  

49 minutes ago, exalll said:

OK ... in 1876 no 9-year-olds in the UK were executed for anything, let alone for stealing a loaf of bread.  

" Probably the youngest child executed in  England  was John Dean who was convicted of arson at the Abingdon Assizes on  the 23rd of February 1629 .  His age is given in “The Annals of Windsor” as between eight and nine years and he had set fire to two houses in  Windsor".  

Well, pre internet, 25+ years ago, I read that it had happened. Just because it isn't on the net, that doesn't mean to say it didn't happen......and to be scrupulously fair, conversely, just because I read it it doesn't mean it did happen. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers/books/on the net.   

47 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

Well, pre internet, 25+ years ago, I read that it had happened. Just because it isn't on the net, that doesn't mean to say it didn't happen......and to be scrupulously fair, conversely, just because I read it it doesn't mean it did happen. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers/books/on the net.   

Fair enough

On 11/11/2016 at 0:05 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly but my main point was that the people who own these vans, if correct,  should not only know better but should be setting an example to others.

Never seen one of these boys setting a good example and chances are never will, nothing can come between them and their God money.