Questions on buying a car on finance

DineshR

Hello BEVUP .... my apologies for the delayed reply but I just got someone to look over the policy which is all in Thai.

It is only a life policy ...nothing to do with income loss if laid off from work etc ... it is for 4 years (for the term of the loan) and the total cost was THB13,461 .... about THB280 /mnth. This was paid by Tisco the finance co.

I had pretty much the same as what you got on your car ... the mats, free wax etc. Looks like that is pretty standard except for the front camera .... car did come with the rear camera and I installed a dash cam later on myself.

Enjoy the car !!

7 minutes ago, DineshR said:

Hello BEVUP .... my apologies for the delayed reply but I just got someone to look over the policy which is all in Thai.

It is only a life policy ...nothing to do with income loss if laid off from work etc ... it is for 4 years (for the term of the loan) and the total cost was THB13,461 .... about THB280 /mnth. This was paid by Tisco the finance co.

I had pretty much the same as what you got on your car ... the mats, free wax etc. Looks like that is pretty standard except for the front camera .... car did come with the rear camera and I installed a dash cam later on myself.

Enjoy the car !!

Ok, But you will find out it is Loan Insurance for paying the car out = 280 p/mth & if it was increased to their usual offer of insurance to appr. 500 bht a mth that is when it would include Life Insurance as an extra payment upon your death

PS As my wife mentioned later why i dropped the Life Insurance side ( Didn't know at the time only that i mentioned it was expensive& they adjusted it to a cheaper amount )

1 minute ago, DineshR said:

Yes... you are right ... it's just for paying out the loan. I assume since Tisco paid for the insurance, they got the cheaper loan pay out only policy.

You sure they paid as I had to pay my own which i got tacked onto the loan (didn't really matter ) as they also added a little over 1000 bht interest for the option

Archived