Trump Won't Take Presidential Salary, Promises Only To Take $1

webfact

Trump Won't Take Presidential Salary, Promises Only To Take $1

By Kenza Moller

During a pre-taped interview with CBS News' "60 Minutes" that aired on Sunday night, President-elect Donald Trump promised he wouldn't take the presidential salary, saying it wasn't "a big deal" for him.

This isn't the first time Trump had said he would forgo the $400,000-a-year presidential salary — it was a frequent promise he made during his campaign, as well. If he keeps his promise, Trump would become the third president to give up the presidential salary.

"No, I'm not going to take the salary. I'm not taking it," he told CBS host Lesley Stahl during his first interview since the election. "I think I have to by law take $1, so I'll take $1 a year."

Trump also told Stahl that he'd be skipping out on his regular vacations once he made it to the White House. "There's just so much to be done," he said, with his wife Melania nodding next to him.

Full story: https://www.romper.com/p/trump-wont-take-presidential-salary-promises-only-to-take-dollar1-22553

-- ROMPER 2016-11-14

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, transam said:

The salary would be peanuts to the guy, the status will be worth a lot more to him..

That is a surprising figure??? I would have thought a position with that much responsibility would be worth more than $400K. His chief of staff and other senior public servants are on a great deal more than that.

$400K would hardly pay for his (and Family's) White House meals which I believe the President is liable for.

8 minutes ago, bdenner said:

That is a surprising figure??? I would have thought a position with that much responsibility would be worth more than $400K. His chief of staff and other senior public servants are on a great deal more than that.

$400K would hardly pay for his (and Family's) White House meals which I believe the President is liable for.

For sure, but anyone who campaigns to be Prezzy must be 'loaded' in the first place..

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I don't think Obama was that rich when he ran for president????  Not poor, but not like the Clintons or Trumps.

Those who 'go for it' most certainly know the cost and taking the financial gamble to be in the worlds no.1 position....I thought about it but was told I wasn't born there....Drat...:stoner:..:laugh:

I'm sure that after he lifts sanctions on Russia his buddy Putin will see to it that the Trump family gets business opportunities in Moscow that pay a lot better than the President's salary. 

Of course Trump will insist this isn't corruption or conflict of interests, he'll call it smart, like tax evasion.

Just now, ttthailand said:

The Clintons were not quite white trash but didn't start with much. Most of the money they made was derived from government jobs or government contacts.

Yes, the Clintons started out relatively rich, but not as rich as they are now! LOL

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I don't think Obama was that rich when he ran for president????  Not poor, but not like the Clintons or Trumps.

Bill Clinton went in with nothing but Hillary had investments worth between $350,000 and $1 million and they came out with $100 million.

Bush Jr went in an oil tycoon and came out with $23 million but that is no doubt just how much of his worth he pays taxes on.

Obama went in with $1.3 million and is now worth $7 million.

Trump is going in with $3.5 billion and a pledge to give himself a substantial tax break.

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

I'm fairly sure KFC would probably feed him for nothing for the publicity.

cinnamon-hitler-0-600.jpg

27 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Bill Clinton went in with nothing but Hillary had investments worth between $350,000 and $1 million and they came out with $100 million.

Bush Jr went in an oil tycoon and came out with $23 million but that is no doubt just how much of his worth he pays taxes on.

Obama went in with $1.3 million and is now worth $7 million.

Trump is going in with $3.5 billion and a pledge to give himself a substantial tax break.

Its obvious politics is not for the poor and faint of heart. A good read is a letter/poem sent to the opinion column of a well known Bangkok Newspaper by Leo Bourne Saturday November 12th edition. 

He can donate the 400k to me...just kidding. Really that's not a awful lot concidering all the crap they have to deal with.

I wonder what will happen to home brew made at WH as.the Donald doesn't drink and has.no beer on his jet.

By law he has to take the money he then can donate if he wants. JFK did this but doubt Trump would do it, because he would have to show his taxes to prove that he donated the money. He dose not know anything just runs his mouth to tell people what they want hear. Le Bear