Vehicles Maintenance Is Key To Road Safety

george

Vehicles Maintenance is key to Road Safety

The Transport Department has reiterated motorists to have their vehicles inspected regularly.

Lieutenant Veera Charoenlimprasert from the Transport Department said it is the responsibility of drivers to have their vehicles checked regularly to avoid unexpected accidents.

Lt Veera stressed that automobile defects including brake system, battery, water level in the tank, air pressure, fuel and gear oil, and unusual sounds coming from the engine, are some of the factors that needed to be inspected regularly. Mechanical check-up is recommended for people travelling long distance particularly during the New Year Break.

--thaisnews.com 2006-12-03

Oh come on. Road viruses cause way more accidents than badly maintained vehicles.

How can they concentrate on vehicle maintenance while people are driving on the wrong side of the road while holding an umbrella and speaking on the phone with the same hand, no speed limit enforcement, no patrol cars, no demerit point system and on and on. It's time they hire foreign consultants to thell them what the f*** is wrong with drivers in this country and the system that allows them to drive in the first place.

Oh come on. Road viruses cause way more accidents than badly maintained vehicles.

How can they concentrate on vehicle maintenance while people are driving on the wrong side of the road while holding an umbrella and speaking on the phone with the same hand, no speed limit enforcement, no patrol cars, no demerit point system and on and on. It's time they hire foreign consultants to thell them what the f*** is wrong with drivers in this country and the system that allows them to drive in the first place.

without a doubt here is the crux of the matter ,

a drivers license is a privilege not a right .

with that privilege comes responsibilities to fellow road users ............

I don't think "hiring foreign consultants" will have much effect. Can't imagine the Thai government would risk losing face to do something like that.

I drive on the roads daily, and find them to be scary places as well. But I just buckle my seat belt, pay up my insurance, and take my chances (Which are a lot better in my two ton Vigo than most people in their scary moto-sais).

I don't think "hiring foreign consultants" will have much effect. Can't imagine the Thai government would risk losing face to do something like that.

I drive on the roads daily, and find them to be scary places as well. But I just buckle my seat belt, pay up my insurance, and take my chances (Which are a lot better in my two ton Vigo than most people in their scary moto-sais).

Doesn't the Vigo cabin get a lil' foggy with a blunt of that size? :o