Lost wallet in red songthaew

Willy Phoenix

I just lost my wallet this morning, possibly in the red car/red songthaew when im on my way to the arcade bus station in Chiang Mai, i'm an exchange student in Thailand from Indonesia, i lost all of my ID and cards also money inside the wallet, i'm having a hard time now to go home and i dont have any possession of money with me right now, is there a way to contact the red songthaew company? I'm so desperate to find my wallet now, if anyone knows and can help me how to find my wallet i will be so grateful.

one more problem is i dont think i have my contacts inside my wallet, do you think it is still possible to find mine?

seeing all this positive post and stories give me a hope to find mine,

Thanks

Wish you luck in locating it.  I'd suggest you go make a report to the main police station on Ratchamanka as I'm guessing (presuming anybody actually finds your wallet and turns it in) that's where it might end up. 

Most of the baht busses are individually owned but perhaps some of them are collectively owned or managed by some outfit.  Perhaps the police could advise you about that (and if there is a contact number you can call).  You might also go ask a baht bus driver at the bus station if they've heard of any wallet being found (you never know, they might ask around and help out).  And, while there, ask somebody in the office at the bus station as maybe it fell out or was turned in there.  Chok dee....

Edited by CMBob

30 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Wish you luck in locating it.  I'd suggest you go make a report to the main police station on Ratchamanka as I'm guessing (presuming anybody actually finds your wallet and turns it in) that's where it might end up. 

Most of the baht busses are individually owned but perhaps some of them are collectively owned or managed by some outfit.  Perhaps the police could advise you about that (and if there is a contact number you can call).  You might also go ask a baht bus driver at the bus station if they've heard of any wallet being found (you never know, they might ask around and help out).  And, while there, ask somebody in the office at the bus station as maybe it fell out or was turned in there.  Chok dee....

Thank you for your advice, i already sent an email to the chiang mai tourist police that i found on their websites, but no reply so far, i tried to call the police station but the numbers is not active

i did try to run and find my baht bus before, because i realize my wallet is gone not more than 5 minutes when i dropped off at the bus terminal, but there's no baht busses at all in front of the terminal drop off location.

i might try to contact the bus terminal also thanks for the advice, but now im already on my way back to Bangkok because the bus is scheduled at 10 a.m.

Thanks for your advice.

32 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Are you sure it wasn't lifted?

I'm sure it is not, because i still have it with me at the hotel, and no one is in the red bus except me and my friends

All the red taxis are individually owned and as far as I know there is no centre base for point of contact.

The only hope you have if someone who had found your wallet checks your ID from it`s contents and then contacts you. Hope you get lucky and the wallet including all it`s contents is returned to you, but now it is all down to lady luck I`m sorry to say.

On 15/11/2016 at 11:20 AM, CMBob said:

I've left u mbrellas ,on these vehicles before and it would be great if the individual owners/ co-ops could put a contact/phone number in the back of the cars for those who for one reason or another have left stuff behind. Hope your valuable possessions are returned.

It is all going to depend on the honesty of the next passenger who gets into the red truck.  The drivers wouldn't check that often during the day if the back is all nice and neat and tidy, so we all rely on the honestly of the next person in handing it in rather than pocketing it then the honesty of the driver doing the same.

I believe that most people are honest, so hopefully you'll get it back.

Good luck.

I recently found a wallet on the ground near Warorot market. I brought it to the police station near Nawarat bridge and they put it in a box with other wallets without even checking the ID or making any notes. There were several there. You might find it by visiting police stations, but I imagine calling won't do much.