Usufruct and Proxy Ownership

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

Seeking what you identify as "legal advice" on an open forum is, probably, not a smart move in the first place. Your friend has made himself vulnerable (financially and legally) on a number of issues, based on your comments. One significant point many here might not be aware of is that the advantages (or security) a usufruct arrangement once offered to a farang resident in the past have not existed  since legislative changes made earlier this year.  These issues relate to the life of a usufruct, transfer of rights (through inheritance or other means) etc. The changes were not promulgated widely and I only became aware of them by accident about a month ago. Your friend needs to understand what and how Thai judges in civil courts understand or view interpretations of "legality", rather than lay farangs.  The best advice your friend could have is to contact an experienced, knowledgeable lawyer and get up to date, accurate information.

Read the thread again, I don't ask for or seek "legal advice", I only solicit views.

And if you know about recent changes to the usufruct law that nobody else on this forum is aware of and have not been mentioned, perhaps you would care to share, citing a reliable professional source in the process otherwise it's going to be received as the BS it sounds like!!!

Finally, one benefit of this thread is that my friend has now recognised the issues spelled out here hence mission accomplished.

Read the thread again, I don't ask for or seek "legal advice", I only solicit views.

And if you know about recent changes to the usufruct law that nobody else on this forum is aware of and have not been mentioned, perhaps you would care to share, citing a reliable professional source in the process otherwise it's going to be received as the BS it sounds like!!!

Finally, one benefit of this thread is that my friend has now recognised the issues spelled out here hence mission accomplished.

So in post number four where you close asking "and is it legal" you now say wasn't asking for or seeking "legal advice"?

3 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

So in post number four where you close asking "and is it legal" you now say wasn't asking for or seeking "legal advice"?

Correct, I'm asking for opinions only, this in the knowledge that Thaivisa Forum is indeed not a firm of lawyers.

Edited by chiang mai