40k a month or you need 400k to get marriage visa?

Marriage Visa (at consulate / embassy) - Single

- Marriage certificate

- Passport 

- Thai wife ID card, blue book

Marriage (at consulate / embassy) - Multiple Entry

- Marriage Certificate

- Proof of 400.000k in bank account or income of 40k/month (Depends on consulate/embassy if this is necessary or not)

- Passport

Extension of above Visa based upon Marriage (best to call your immigration office)

- Marriage Certificate

- Kor Kor 22

- Passport & copies of every page

- Valid Marriage Visa

- Witness (depends on immigration office), blue book

- Letter Phu Yai Baan + his ID card + his official card + his blue book

- 400.000k in bank account for 2 months (1st extension), 3 months for (2nd extension) (Depends on immigration office)

- Bank statement saying that the money has been in the account for 2 months

- Updated bank book on the day of application

- Map to your house

- 3 photos (in front of the house, in the back and living room)

Moved to Thai visas... forum.

Frequently asked question and expertise there.

Extension of above Visa based upon Marriage (best to call your immigration office )

Official rule allows 40k income per month OR 400k in the bank.

Either... or.

No combination.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

400.000k in bank account for 2 months (1st extension), 3 months for (2nd extension) (Depends on immigration office)

It is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months for every extension. The 3 months is only for retirement extension and for those the first extension is 60 days.

1 minute ago, stevymac said:

What about to apply for marriage visa first time? Can I show 40k going in my bank for 6 months as proof of income?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Only a letter from your embassy is accepted for proof of 40k baht income is allowed for foreign income. If working here it is tax payment receipts.

10 minutes ago, stevymac said:

What consulate is the most lenient?Spoke to Chang wattana today they said they need the 400k for 3months in bank and could not do the 40k a month. Also what letter do I need from bank to confirm the funds if I only get 40k a month? Cheers guys

You got some wrong info from whoever you were talking to. The money only has to be in the bank for 2 months and proof of 40k baht income is accepted.

There are no Thai consulates in the country. You can only apply for extension of stay at the designated immigration office where you are living.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

• Like 1

What they may want for the photos is a photo of the husband and wife outside the house witn the house number showing.

Different requirements so that may vary, but that is one thing they have asked for before.

They want evidence that wife and husband are really living together.

No bed pics equired, that is an old bar boozer's story.

Tecnically what we are talking about is not a VISA, but an annual extension for stay in Thailand due to marriage to a Thai spouse.

That is why they want photos to show the couple is actually living together.

10 hours ago, stevymac said:

So let me get this straight if I take my updated bank book showing I get more than 40k a month that will be ok?

Answered here in a reply I did before.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only a letter from your embassy is accepted for proof of 40k baht income is allowed for foreign income. If working here it is tax payment receipts.

17 hours ago, PocoLoco said:

Is that for real?

No it can be WAY worse than that, I had to have one in the bedroom ON the bed.stupidity knows  no bounds here, was then told 6" of  the corner of the bed was  missing  so photo no good.............complained to another officer who overruled the first officer and accepted it. Every year ITS  DIFFERENT....last year was heavily  pushed to change to to retirement................= easier for them as, lets  be honest, many are  just LAZY and ths is a LOT less work for them.

2 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

What they may want for the photos is a photo of the husband and wife outside the house witn the house number showing.

Different requirements so that may vary, but that is one thing they have asked for before.

They want evidence that wife and husband are really living together.

No bed pics equired, that is an old bar boozer's story.

Tecnically what we are talking about is not a VISA, but an annual extension for stay in Thailand due to marriage to a Thai spouse.

That is why they want photos to show the couple is actually living together.

The BED story IS  NOT......I was asked for this only 2  years ago and last years also, including clothes wardrobe etc with clothes  in.

MY BEST advice and what I do EVERY  year is go into immigration 1  day before ask an officer what I need, get their name  then go back the next day with the info requested...even then can be told  by another officer "dont need  it" but at least you can then NAME the officer who told you  previously 

Edited by kannot

11 minutes ago, kannot said:

The BED story IS  NOT......I was asked for this only 2  years ago and last years also, including clothes wardrobe etc with clothes  in

Not the part about lying together in the bed. Sitting together on the edge of the bed would be closer to the truth.

I have done 9 extensions based upon marriage. Only 4 photos needed. I attach one of the house from the street and one with family showing the house number. One with wife and I sitting on the bed and another sitting on the couch.

At Nonthaburi Immigration (happy i move away), They 2 times we have to do Married-Extension there.

1 picture outside condo tower show condo tower name.

1 picture front of apartment door showing apartment number, where i live door didn't have number, so we have to print the number and put next to door. 

1 picture sit on bed together.

1 picture in living room, have tv in it.

As we was sitting on the couch and tv on the left side of picture, We have to redo that one, As in Thailand picture of living room and TV, people have to sit on the floor next to the tv.

1 picture of kitchen showing the refrigerator.

We have to redo this one, As the wife and i was standing 1 meter away from the refrigerator, We have to stand next / up against the refrigerator.

1 picture from when we first meet in Thailand.

1 picture from wedding party, As we have no party, Immigration say okay for picture from pre-wedding pictures.

1 picture of wife family in our apartment.

2 pictures from 2 different vacation.
We use from vacation / trip in Thailand.

So a total of 10 pictures for Nonthaburi Immigration office.

The second time we did the Married-Extension we have all the pictures ready, But that year, we get send home again, and have to zoom in 5-10% on 1 picture, and come back.

So i am happy we move away.

Si Racha immigration we give 6 pictures, And they didn't care that much about them.

• Like 1

Quick question - what is - Letter Phu Yai Baan + his ID card + his official card + his blue book? That is the head of the village right? I live in Bangkok, so I am guessing I don't have one of these.

If it helps, the two previous extensions I have done at Chaeng Wattana have been surprisingly ok. I have 400k in the bank. I would advise getting the letter of proof from your bank the day before and then having your bank book updated. Then on the morning you do the extension, withdraw a 100baht and update your book again.

For photos, we just randomly took some around the condo (which we own and has always been our address) and out front. They didn't seem to care much. The list JoeW wrote is enough for me each time, except I have never been asked to provide a witness. Which is a relief as all my friends work (and get 10 days holiday a year). I would go retirement if I was old enough. Or Elite if I was rich enough. I'd prefer the latter, obviously. 

1 hour ago, jrward42 said:

Quick question - what is - Letter Phu Yai Baan + his ID card + his official card + his blue book? That is the head of the village right? I live in Bangkok, so I am guessing I don't have one of these.

If it helps, the two previous extensions I have done at Chaeng Wattana have been surprisingly ok. I have 400k in the bank. I would advise getting the letter of proof from your bank the day before and then having your bank book updated. Then on the morning you do the extension, withdraw a 100baht and update your book again.

For photos, we just randomly took some around the condo (which we own and has always been our address) and out front. They didn't seem to care much. The list JoeW wrote is enough for me each time, except I have never been asked to provide a witness. Which is a relief as all my friends work (and get 10 days holiday a year). I would go retirement if I was old enough. Or Elite if I was rich enough. I'd prefer the latter, obviously. 

At CW you will not need the letter mentioned. Not sure which office JoeW is using but what he wrote does not apply for all offices.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevymac said:

What consulate is the most lenient?Spoke to Chang wattana today they said they need the 400k for 3months in bank and could not do the 40k a month. Also what letter do I need from bank to confirm the funds if I only get 40k a month? Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you want a OA marriage first time - I heard they require a police report from your country.

My friend has a letter from the Australian embassy and his bank stating he has funds in his accounts, so he does not have to show money just letter.

400k divided by 12 is 33.333 k Bht , I think that's all you need to prove as income or have 400k in thai bank.

A NZ pension just scrapes in at  around 40k bht a month.

There are agents that will do your Visa for you without police report and other things but not so cheap.

26 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

If you want a OA marriage first time - I heard they require a police report from your country.

There is no such visa and immigration certainly does not issue one.

No police report is needed to apply for a non immigrant visa or extension of stay issued by immigration for any reason.

Doing my first extension in Hua Hin next week.. One requirement re the photos was that we must have different shirts on for the inside photo to the outside photo.....I know all offices have their own little foibles, so will let you know what happens....:smile:

p.s. many Thanks UbonJoe for your advice in the past, helped me immensely when getting my first 90 day visa in London...:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no such visa and immigration certainly does not issue one.

No police report is needed to apply for a non immigrant visa or extension of stay issued by immigration for any reason.

Non immigrant O A  Thai visa, long stay visa issued to over 50 year olds

Must have no criminal record in their country

Can stay twelve months and re[port every ninety days, can have spouse and children.ect ect

say sorry!

4 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Non immigrant O A  Thai visa, long stay visa issued to over 50 year olds

Must have no criminal record in their country

Can stay twelve months and re[port every ninety days, can have spouse and children.ect ect

say sorry!

This is what you wrote.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

A non-oa visa is issued for retirement and can only be issued at a embassy or official consulate in your home country or country of legal residence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At CW you will not need the letter mentioned. Not sure which office JoeW is using but what he wrote does not apply for all offices.

Thanks ubonjoe, most helpful as always. It is my least favorite time of year and I worry that things will change each time.