TAT aims to increase number of tourists beyond original 2016 target

webfact

TAT aims to increase number of tourists beyond original 2016 target

BANGKOK, 17 November 2016 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) raising its 2016 target for tourist arrivals by 300,000, campaigning in China and the ASEAN region. 

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said according to its strategy, the five TAT branches in China will attract an additional 20,000 tourists each, for a total of 100,000 Chinese tourists. 

Another 100,000 tourists will come from private Chinese tour businesses such as Alitrip and Ctrip. The final 100,000 tourists will come from the ASEAN market, especially the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. 

Raising this year’s tourist arrivals by 300,000 is expected to generate an additional 15 billion baht in revenue.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-17

interesting that this topic has been posted for 14 hrs now and only 3 replies.. Could it possible be that we've all had enough of tourists numbers going through the roof . It's predictable every couple of weeks out they come with this crap 

2 hours ago, Nigeone said:

interesting that this topic has been posted for 14 hrs now and only 3 replies.. Could it possible be that we've all had enough of tourists numbers going through the roof . It's predictable every couple of weeks out they come with this crap 

Makes a change from the education department  introducing either a new Minister or mind shattering changes within the system although that's due to be rolled out again, followed by a water shortage and what is going to be done, I see the flood mitigation worked well again this year. and err the high speed rail that's a good back up

Edited by chainarong

No,no,no, I've been so excited by this for the last 14 hours that every time I try to post in celebration I am overcome with emotion and have to lie down in a darkened room.

Tourists are people too.... The mentality seems to be more for farming of tourists or some strange thing.

Just a number... More numbers equals more profits....

The tourists will be plucked, defeathered, sent to slaughter. No problem. 

Forget stepping up security for tourists. More tourists equals more security for the elite. Win, win....

21 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"We can work miracles with numbers".

Yuthasak Supasorn

Yes about the only true statement I have seen made here in many a moon. Governments and numbers go together love and marriage you cannot have one without the other. In this age of depreciating honesty governments have solidly jumped on the baloney bandwagon. I have a suggestion to improve tourism. Pick up all the empty beer bottles lying around (you cannot cash em in except for recycling value) put a note inside saying Come to wonderful Thailand put a cork in em and set them adrift. Also include a 20 baht voucher. Yes I know the pollution crowd will not like this and I am one of them but we have in stage one cleaned the streets of them. Just imagine where these bottles will end up.  

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Tourism numbers just keep going through the roof, when are they going to build more hotels to accommodate all of them

They are building record numbers of condo's hoping I guess that record numbers of them want to buy and return. The condo across the road only has a couple lights on at night. One has to wonder at the reasoning of buying these places and paying monthly fees and leaving them empty. 

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Tourism numbers just keep going through the roof, when are they going to build more hotels to accommodate all of them

And train all the people in the hospitality industry not to release obviously false figures showing hotel occupancy and bookings are down.

Additionally make it an offence, punishable with AA,  for them to keep asking where all the supposed visitors are.

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

The last few times i was on Thai airports i didn't see the herds of chinese running around like a schoolclass in disneyland.

Also i didn't see many farangs.

Not to worry TAT is giving free eye tests and they will refit you with a pair of glasses that sees things their way. 

15 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Not to worry TAT is giving free eye tests and they will refit you with a pair of glasses that sees things their way. 

They better give me free whisky so i will see double. There are far less chinese/western tourists on the BKK airports last year, don't know for Phuket, they might fly there now.

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

They better give me free whisky so i will see double. There are far less chinese/western tourists on the BKK airports last year, don't know for Phuket, they might fly there now.

Quite a few in Chiang Ma. If you cannot see them you most certainly can hear them. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

They are building record numbers of condo's hoping I guess that record numbers of them want to buy and return. The condo across the road only has a couple lights on at night. One has to wonder at the reasoning of buying these places and paying monthly fees and leaving them empty. 

wash.jpg

If they treated tourists as guests and all foreigners as friends then they might see more, at the moment with double pricing and scams aplenty many with intelligence are going elsewhere, thsiu also applies to those that live here, the double pricing is a definite downer on visiting tourist attractions. I pay Thai tax yet still have to pay foreign prices , the place is a shambles and as for more tourists , no-way they have decreased substantially, but then what the hell do I know I am a stupid ignorant tourist.