Just for information for Americans

Just  for your information as of 1 November 2016.....just 8 days before the election....1173 verified applicants had  filed and approved applications with the U.S. Electoral Comission as candadates for the upcoming Presidntial election

All these had been approved as possible candidates, but in some cases were not allowed on the balot due to U.S. state local rules.

And I bet you though theire were only 2 candidates for president, didn't you.

You were wrong, mainly because the mainstream media ignored these candidates, and you probably never heard of them.

As "Big Brother said, "T'he news is just what we tell you it is".

Happens every election....easy and quick to file the simple paperwork with the Federal Election Commission.  And that's about as far as most take the process for running for Prez.   See the list of 1787 folks who did file the papers for the 2016 election at below FEC webpage. Many known and trying-to-get known celebrities file just to get their name in some paper or some blog for a few minutes.

http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2nm.shtml

On 11/17/2016 at 3:22 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

And I bet you though theire were only 2 candidates for president, didn't you.

Well yeah - there were only 2 real candidates. 

Its like the whole "I didn't vote" deal. By not voting, you are still, in a way, voting. 

There is always a multitude of candidates, but unless they are actually on the ballot in all 50, the electoral college math doesn't work.

The real story of this years election was turnout.

The fact that 18 million fewer Americans couldn't actually be bothered to drag their asses out to vote speaks volumes.

I had a rather 'spirited' discussion with one of my daughters who was one her way to an anti Trump rally in San Francisco, yet seemed to have failed to think it was important that she actually vote!

The idealism and stupidity of youth combined I guess!