Sole custody of a niece

Andrew Ault

My girlfriend  lives with me in Australia  and has a 4 year old  niece that she wants to come and live with us 

We would like information on how to become her mother or  what legal things we need to do to achieve this 

The real mother has said its ok to do this any advice is much appreciate  

Any  question you need i will answer to the best of my knowledge 

Thanks Andy 

If you are talking legal adoption, then both mother and father must agree, also if father does not have custody

Custody would be enough as such, that is arranged at Juvenile Court. If the mother and the father never were married or father never legitimised the child, then the mother does not need the father to arrange this in court. Court will be positive as this benefits the future of the child

Should be easy and straight forward

Courts will choose negotiated decision, they will never order in a case like this. Remember the fundamentals => This is about a benefit for the mother of the child that you don't need but is happy to help out with. You will of course get what you want without having to pay so just refuse if that is suggested. You should see any pressure on you about money as a warning sign that something is wrong

Don't get fooled by your Thai lawyer, you can trust the court, it's your lawyer you can't trust

Mikey