Drunk European Goes On Soi Buakhao Rampage

webfact

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Bars operating after hours still serving people who are already drunk. The  police need to start cracking down on this type of behavior and arrest this man. The next step is to close the bars that stay open past the legal closing time, arrest and fine the owners. Eventually, they will get the message when the Army continues their raids. It's just a matter of time. Pattaya has been attracting the World's worst. It's no wonder Thai people think all Westerners are suspect.

Can't you read properly? It was nothing to do with the bar he was arrested in, he just ran in to try to escape from the police. Nothing in this story can be blamed on bar owners, he could well have drunk himself to this state in his room, or it could well be drugs, or even a kind of fit.

There is nothing new here at all, your statement "Pattaya has been attracting the World's worst" is just so much crap.

Pattaya is a holiday destination and as such attracts all sorts of people and drunkenness and bad behaviour are to be expected. Its the same in most seaside holiday resorts around the world. You can't blame it on Pattaya, or bar owners, its the people who come and ruin the place for others that are the problem.

You want drunken fun, try Brighton on a Saturday night, its full of foreigners getting drunk and stoned out of their minds. Blackpool, Skegness, Bondi, you name it, sand, sea, sun and booze gives the same result everywhere and probably always will, it certainly did for the Romans, so what's new? Nothing that's what.

Most holiday makers want the bars to stay open, its one of the main reasons people come to Thailand, to have a good time and NOT to be hassled by the ARMY.

Stop panicking, if you don't live in Pattaya you don't need to go. If you do live in Pattaya you don't need to go to Soi B. or any other place where there are bars and people are actually having fun.

Pattaya cops are very used to handling drunks and the volunteers also do a good job in keeping the peace, leave it to them.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troll posts, baiting posts and replies have been removed also one post disrespecting people in Pattaya (he will be going on Holiday) also a post in caps, if you wish your posts to remain up, read the forum rules and do not post in oversize or bolded fonts as it will be removed, thank you.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Now we are here again! Is the point you are trying to make Thai-specific? No, it´s not, but still you try to put in the words Thai men to make it look like that.

I can just tell you that almost all over the world in general men are drinking alcohol, and in many countries women too. Therefore it´s not especially seen as a drug in
other countries either. The reason for that is that it´s so common use of it, and also not illegal, so people just forget about it. Just as I say, not Thai specific.

My guess is that you probably are one of the people here that always hit hard on Thai´s, because you even try to do it here. Just get it! It has nothing to do with Thai´s,
or maby you want to accuse the people that sold the beer to him or what ever he had been taking. 

The correct term is "alcohol and other drugs"

this is because alcohol is indeed considered a drug, in other countries.... and it is

you might not consider it so, because of it common use, but that is neither here not there... but facts are facts... consider the rise of AA, and the abuse that alcohol alone, causes to any community, and its attendant cost.

legal or illegal, does not define wether a drug is a drug, it simply allows or disallows its use

Making it illegal, caused an unprecedented rise of crime in countries trying to criminalize this drug... leading to decriminalisizing it

much like cannabis is being decriminalized...but it's still a drug

basically... alcohol is the worlds most abused drug... but stopping its use is worse than not stopping its use.

and much like other criminalizes drugs... the pushers need to bear responsibility. 

Some countries have strict laws to prevent this... Thailand does too... but with many laws in Thailand, this one too, is ignored

just jumping up and down about Thai bashing is not an argument worth consideration.

enforce the law... or don't... if you prefer option two... this is a consequence... with shared blame... most belonging to the pusher/ supplier

but your welcome to your opinion, I'm sure it has some value, somewhere

12 hours ago, Sphere said:

They've got Bruce Willis....does this mean no DieHard 6?

Bruce Willis on Ya Ba and Mekong Whiskey and thoroughly pissed off and enraged because all he could find on Soi Buakhao were Ladyboys whom he mistook for real girls...over and over again......thinking: I will figure out this anomaly sooner or later......lol

Cheers

Just now, farcanell said:

The correct term is "alcohol and other drugs"

this is because alcohol is indeed considered a drug, in other countries.... and it is

you might not consider it so, because of it common use, but that is neither here not there... but facts are facts... consider the rise of AA, and the abuse that alcohol alone, causes to any community, and its attendant cost.

legal or illegal, does not define wether a drug is a drug, it simply allows or disallows its use

Making it illegal, caused an unprecedented rise of crime in countries trying to criminalize this drug... leading to decriminalisizing it

much like cannabis is being decriminalized...but it's still a drug

basically... alcohol is the worlds most abused drug... but stopping its use is worse than not stopping its use.

and much like other criminalizes drugs... the pushers need to bear responsibility. 

Some countries have strict laws to prevent this... Thailand does too... but with many laws in Thailand, this one too, is ignored

just jumping up and down about Thai bashing is not an argument worth consideration.

enforce the law... or don't... if you prefer option two... this is a consequence... with shared blame... most belonging to the pusher/ supplier

but your welcome to your opinion, I'm sure it has some value, somewhere

Sorry. You just didn´t grasp one thing about what i was talking about, and layed it out so nice and fine. Super long too.
I never said that alcohol wasn´t a drug. Did I? The point was like many time before, that there was a need to point out that most Thai men drinkwhen that
is a regular thing by men in most countries. Like that, you know, but you just totally lost the point. Good luck with your next reply! Cheers!

10 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The question is what was the beer bar doing open at 6am

LK metro is the same with all-night bars, My theory is that its something to do with being registered as hotels that allows them to keep Reception/Bar open, but that's just an unfounded guess, and I'm sure someone will tell me I'm stupid very quickly ha ha :)

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Sorry. You just didn´t grasp one thing about what i was talking about, and layed it out so nice and fine. Super long too.
I never said that alcohol wasn´t a drug. Did I? The point was like many time before, that there was a need to point out that most Thai men drinkwhen that
is a regular thing by men in most countries. Like that, you know, but you just totally lost the point. Good luck with your next reply! Cheers!

You said "it is not especially seen as a drug in other countries either"

this is incorrect... it is seen as a drug in other countries.

i said " you might not consider it a drug"

ergo... I never said that you said it was a drug.... but... this is just an example of two innuendos.... mine being more correct, because some other countries do consider it a serious drug

good luck with that ?

6 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I am not accusing the Thais of doing anything wrong. However, there is a closing time which is normally not later than 2 AM.  The owner of the open beer bars that keep selling alcohol to obviously drunk customers  are fuelling the problem.  Since the police obviously cannot enforce the closing law- it is time for the new sheriff in town to take over that responsibility. Maybe when these people who cannot handle alcohol find out they cannot get it 24/7 they will move onto other countries. Thailand doesn't need this type of tourist. The only thing a bar gets after 1 AM is someone else's drunks and problems.  If you can't make your profit before legal closing time you shouldn't be in the business.

Maybe it's time you move on pilgrim.

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

You said "it is not especially seen as a drug in other countries either"

this is incorrect... it is seen as a drug in other countries.

i said " you might not consider it a drug"

ergo... I never said that you said it was a drug.... but... this is just an example of two innuendos.... mine being more correct, because some other countries do consider it a serious drug

good luck with that ?

Oh dear! I took it out of the view of people in an everyday talk. When people in an everyday talk have something to say about drugs they very much exclude alcohol.
It was not from a professots point of view that trying to sway the peoples opinion. And still it was not much about if alcohol was a drug or not.
Just the thing that "almost all Thai men are dringing alcohol" was again referring to Thai´s, but in this case it was a farang. Almost all farang drink alcohol too, so
it was just an unnecessary remark.

Now again I had to explain the same shit two time! Is that going to be common, Mr. Professor?
Innuendos, more correct or not so correct, and what the law and facts state about alcohol was not relevant. Just that ordinary people
in an every day talk mant times forget or exclude alcohol when they talk about drugs.

4 hours ago, Simons3 said:

LK metro is the same with all-night bars, My theory is that its something to do with being registered as hotels that allows them to keep Reception/Bar open, but that's just an unfounded guess, and I'm sure someone will tell me I'm stupid very quickly ha ha :)

No, not stupid at all. Just a very good perception. Can absolutely be one of the reasons, due to the the police look aside when they make todays modern crack downs. How ever, there
might always also be the "go on and pay the police and everything is super cool" syndrome. LOL

I have no objection to people drinking at all hours when on holiday and if a bar has a legit license to serve that is fine with me. However, there is such a thing as responsibility.  If a bar owner sees that a patron is obviously drunk and out of control it makes good sense not to serve him and move him along. Yes, Pattaya is a tourist destination. However, just because you are a tourist in another country does not give you the right to get blind drunk and destroy someone else's property. You could not get away with it in your country and would be arrested if you did it.

As far as closing hours of bars in Pattaya- if a bar is attached to a hotel they can stay open 24/7. If not they must close at 2AM or earlier if the local police deem it. I will stick to my prior statement- it is poor business sense for bars to stay open past the normal legal closing time. Customers who are already drunk have spent the majority of their money at someone else's bar and when they come to the now open bar they will spend little and cause potential trouble.

Pattaya does attract drunks; whore mongers; druggies and wanted criminals. It is obvious why they come here.  I, for one, welcome the new sheriff who has already solved the boat/pier problem; is in the process of solving the Walking Street problem which will get rid of the overt sex attractions and then will move onto other areas. The goal is to make Pattaya a nice destination for Asian and other  tourists and family oriented Thais. The overt debauchery will be curtailed and moved out of sight. If that puts off western tourists from coming- that is exactly what the powers to be want. The old days of anything goes are going away. There will still be plenty of fun things to do in the area but people will not be subjected to those things that they are not interested in such as constant harassment by prostitutes; drunks running amok and jet ski and other scams.

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

Now we are here again! Is the point you are trying to make Thai-specific? No, it´s not, but still you try to put in the words Thai men to make it look like that.
I can just tell you that almost all over the world in general men are drinking alcohol, and in many countries women too. Therefore it´s not especially seen as a drug in
other countries either. The reason for that is that it´s so common use of it, and also not illegal, so people just forget about it. Just as I say, not Thai specific.
My guess is that you probably are one of the people here that always hit hard on Thai´s, because you even try to do it here. Just get it! It has nothing to do with Thai´s,
or maby you want to accuse the people that sold the beer to him or what ever he had been taking. 

It's also not Botswana-specific.  Alcohol is a drug.  It fuels already-stupid & cruel people to do stupider and crueler things.  The point I'm trying to make is:  Thai authorities giggle and make excuses (for the culprit) when alcohol is involved in a crime, but concurrently deal very harshly when other drugs are involved.  Additionally, when any other drugs (no counting Pharma) are involved, the news headlines scream it loud.

To put it another way:  Thai authorities often try to excuse a criminal if alcohol is involved (oh, he drank too much, ha ha ha), but deal with the criminal much more harshly if any other drugs are involved.

7 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It's also not Botswana-specific.  Alcohol is a drug.  It fuels already-stupid & cruel people to do stupider and crueler things.  The point I'm trying to make is:  Thai authorities giggle and make excuses (for the culprit) when alcohol is involved in a crime, but concurrently deal very harshly when other drugs are involved.  Additionally, when any other drugs (no counting Pharma) are involved, the news headlines scream it loud.

To put it another way:  Thai authorities often try to excuse a criminal if alcohol is involved (oh, he drank too much, ha ha ha), but deal with the criminal much more harshly if any other drugs are involved.

Get what you say. It was still no discussion about if alcohol was a drug or not. If you bother to read the whole conversation before you comment, that would be appreiciated.
How ever, what you say is not very different here from other countries too. When alcohol is involved in a crime most the law sees it as a smaller crime than if you also have other drugs.
Here it more outbread and used in a wider perspective, just like you say, but the common opinion from the single persons point of view is still that alcohol is accepted and other drugs are not.

Just now, thai3 said:

Will there ever be a positive post about Pattaya on here I wonder?

You got it! Pattaya is a perfect place for fun, when you keep yourself to other people that lives in and learned that about this basically wonderful city.
There is just something for everybody. Some people accept it and have fun, some don´t. If you just go and enjoy yourself, it´s one of the best places for a successful party night!

Archived