German Has Car Smashed by Renegade Pattaya Parking Attendant

webfact

German Has Car Smashed by Renegade Pattaya Parking Attendant

By Digital Admin -

German-car-smashed-by-parking-attendant-

PATTAYA: -- At 9pm, on the evening of November 17, Pattaya police were called to Soi 7, Pattaya, after reports of criminal damage.

The complaint came from Mr Nikholai Kowkaew, a forty-eight year old German national, who made a statement claiming his dark blue Toyota Sport Rider had been damaged by a Thai man.

Mr Korkaew, speaking through a translator, said that he had parked his car in a public area and shortly afterwards was approached in a bar by an angry Thai man, claiming to be the parking attendant, who demanded 100 baht.

Mr Kokaew was unsure who he was and so refused. The Thai man then went back and smashed his car with a rock.

The German said he then decided to leave the area and the man ran after him throwing another rock.

Pattaya police have said they will investigate the matter.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/german-has-car-smashed-by-renegade-parking-attendant/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-18

Be very careful where you park your car/truck here. Even on a public road outside a shop, the shop owners thinks they own that piece of road and some will sabotage your ride if you park there and have no business there.

Parking attendants normally wears uniforms and 100 baht is not unusual for downtown parking. How much does it cost in EU to park downtown? 

Yes lets hope they catch this piece of shit and he has to pay for all the repairs.

A rear dash cam with G-sensor might have caught him on video.

From my observations many Thai men are massively territorial, if you are on what they feel is their territory you have to submit to their wonts and demands or they may become violent in a cowardly way, by damaging your vehicle when you are not there, for example. 

I found this just for fun; so average 1 hour parking in EU City centers is app 110 baht, but London is 300 baht per hour.

http://www.euronews.com/2016/05/10/the-cost-of-parking-across-europe-a-euronews-investigation

Euronews has compared the average prices of:

• Car parks nearest the historic city centre
  • Compared prices according to time and place
  • Data gathered in April 2016

One hour of parking – how much does it cost?

• Sofia – 0.50 euros
  • Warsaw – 1.16
  • Berlin – 2
  • Paris – 4
  • London – 8
  • Stockholm . 7.65

The average cost of parking in the 32 European cities Euronews looked at is 3 euros an hour.

I am sorry the German (with the Thai surname ???) had his car damaged. Perhaps he is new here. Perhaps he expects the rule of law to win out as it might in Germany. Perhaps he is obstinate. Perhaps he is a cheapskate. but...

Soi 7? Parking? Bad decision to take the car there in the first place. Bad decision to try and get away with not paying the mafia if you do want to park there. The mafia types that own the soi and work hand in hand with the cops are nasty creatures and don't play by the rules.

Again, I am sorry you had to learn this hard lesson, Nikholai, but you are not in Dusseldorf now. I hope you get some compensation but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just where is the Public parking area in Soi 7 ?

I cant remember one years ago when i drank down there.

all areas were owned  buy people, and you paid to park your

pick- up in them. 40 baht then.  on  left hand side half way down.

maybe there is one now days.

Or is it someone trying to get a freebie  now its gone wrong on them.

28 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

The parking the previous poster is referring to crossed my mind as the only parking that could very optimistically be called public space. I suspect this is where things went down.

Yes i bet i was there.

And it  is not public area.

it will have an owner.

Just one more guy who does not want to pay up

now he has a dent or busted window,   he  wont get a penny back.for his silly behaviour.

BTW  if you need to park around town go into most hotel car parks and pay 40,50, 100 baht and park

it works fine.

Hanging out on Soi 7, driving a 15-year-old Toyota, wearing a dodgy backpackerish Buddha T-shirt, no speakee de English or de Thai, not paying de man, weird name half-Russian half-Thai but claiming German nationality. Who is this character? What does he want?

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Just where is the Public parking area in Soi 7 ?

I cant remember one years ago when i drank down there.

all areas were owned  buy people, and you paid to park your

pick- up in them. 40 baht then.  on  left hand side half way down.

maybe there is one now days.

Or is it someone trying to get a freebie  now its gone wrong on them.

Five years ago I was in a bar on Soi 7 when a Honda Civic crashed through the front window and parked next to the kitchen.

Truly amazing that people just accept this kind of shitty behavior of the Thai "guard" demanding 100 baht for the use of PUBLIC space, which is BTW the area the road which is called Soi 7 including the gutters/sewers on both sides.

Thailand and Pattaya in particular is stuffed with people who are just here to gain funds, one way or the other and luckily for them Pattaya is stuffed with people who like to compare Western finances to Thai finances and then say: "Why complain over 100 baht?"

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Just one more guy who does not want to pay up

now he has a dent or busted window,   he  wont get a penny back.for his silly behaviour.

Not if he has premium insurance . And reporting it to the police insures him of no extra increase of the insurance next year.

But still , a repaired car is never the same again.

1 hour ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Truly amazing that people just accept this kind of shitty behavior of the Thai "guard" demanding 100 baht for the use of PUBLIC space, which is BTW the area the road which is called Soi 7 including the gutters/sewers on both sides.

Thailand and Pattaya in particular is stuffed with people who are just here to gain funds, one way or the other and luckily for them Pattaya is stuffed with people who like to compare Western finances to Thai finances and then say: "Why complain over 100 baht?"

Why try swimming against the current, you can't win man.

It's not worth trying in my opinion, better to blend it and follow the local "rules", most Thais does that, as they also don't want any problems. 

He could had gone to Central and parked there for free the whole day if he wanted, we do that often ourselves and walk around the area.

The German didn't accept the shitty behavior, he went to the police and reported it but he could have saved himself a lot of trouble by either move his car or pay.

8 hours ago, DLang said:

A rear dash cam with G-sensor might have caught him on video.

From my observations many Thai men are massively territorial, if you are on what they feel is their territory you have to submit to their wonts and demands or they may become violent in a cowardly way, by damaging your vehicle when you are not there, for example. 

"Thai men are massively territorial"

Like Soi Dogs pissing on fence posts to mark their territory?

1 hour ago, bberrythailand said:

24 hours camera recording and sending pictures on Internet is my way of being sure that everybody will be nice to my parked card, and it seems to work !

Ha Ha

Go park it at soi 7 and not pay the parking

fee,   see what happens.

Please post the full video, for us all to see.

because i know the outcome ,     but would not want spoil it

for the rest of the know it all's of pattaya.

Good luck :stoner:

16 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The parking the previous poster is referring to crossed my mind as the only parking that could very optimistically be called public space. I suspect this is where things went down.

I would try and park where Tops was....

I would not even consider trying to drive in soi 7 or any of the nearby side roads, there certainly isn't any free parking.

11 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

It's not worth trying in my opinion, better to blend it and follow the local "rules", most Thais does that, as they also don't want any problems. 

He could had gone to Central and parked there for free the whole day if he wanted, we do that often ourselves and walk around the area.

The German didn't accept the shitty behavior, he went to the police and reported it but he could have saved himself a lot of trouble by either move his car or pay.

This is the coward solution. If you pay next year it will be 150 bhat , then 200 bhat , ... Like for the ATMs

13 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

If you mean Central Festival I believe it closes at night and reopens about 10.30am.

(Is it free for cars?)

Too many of these unofficial parking attendants who seem to pop up after you have parked and show an aggressive attitude. I suppose taking a rock to the vehicle is the local equivalent to clamping!

There are public parking spots on soi 7 - anywhere there are no yellow lines.  Business owners believe the public land in front of their business is theirs.  My new Honda was scratched down one side when I parked thus.  Check out the Indian restaurant near soi 6 - he has red traffic cones AND a bouncer to discourage people parking on 'his' land if you are not eating in his restaurant.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

There are public parking spots on soi 7 - anywhere there are no yellow lines.  Business owners believe the public land in front of their business is theirs.  My new Honda was scratched down one side when I parked thus.  Check out the Indian restaurant near soi 6 - he has red traffic cones AND a bouncer to discourage people parking on 'his' land if you are not eating in his restaurant.

Learning the hard way,   always has consiquances

How much did the damage cost to put right compared to

parking at say a hotel car park or a bit of scrub land patrolled by a parking

warden ( thug ) ?

In many places, some people who are assigned as car parking attendants or whatever tries to make an income by asking parking money.

I know a guy where I live who is regularly at the market asking money for parking space whilst parking is free.
Not giving the guy money can or will result in a scratched car when you come back.
This guy has been reported several times to the Police, but as the parking is private owned space, they can do nothing about it.

Archived