Two dead as BMW rolls and hits tree in Hua Hin

rooster59

Two dead as BMW rolls and hits tree in Hua Hin

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQyMC8yMTAzNTU0L25ld3MwOS5qcGc=.jpg
Image: Sanook

HUA HIN:-- Our picture today shows all that is left after a BMW collided with a road sign, rolled and hit a tree in Hua Hin in the early hours of Thursdaymorning.

The car was completely destroyed. Still inside the body of the vehicle were the mangled and broken bodies of a man and a woman. 

They were named as Kittikhun Rojbuanwithaya, 31, the driver, and his female passenger Juthamat Ormkaew, 24.

It took thirty minutes to cut the bodies free. Both had broken necks and multiple other injuries.

The accident happened near a bend in the Petchkasem Road going south to Pranburi near the army school in Nong Kae sub-district.

Police said the car hit a road sign after it failed to negotiate the bend, rolled then slammed into a large tree.

The occupants of the car were on their way home to Pranburi after a night out in Hua Hin town.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-19

That was a very high speed impact, you can see the engine laying on the ground, nobody knows until the bodies are tested but based on the time the accident took place and knowing the complete ignorance of many Thai drivers it is very likely the driver had been drinking and this is the result - another two senseless fatalities on the Thai roads

RIP

owning a BMW I have always said that these cars fall apart in an accident ...and BMW fanatics all disagree ...they are not built like they used to be

too many electronics' and too much plastic..when doors close they automatically lock and in an accident you are locked in and only the occupants inside can open the doors and etc etc

4 hours ago, o2eZy said:

owning a BMW I have always said that these cars fall apart in an accident ...and BMW fanatics all disagree ...they are not built like they used to be

too many electronics' and too much plastic..when doors close they automatically lock and in an accident you are locked in and only the occupants inside can open the doors and etc etc

I was told when I bought one that the door locks would release in the event of an impact.  I also was led to believe that these are so safe and well built that you'd survive almost any accident.  Obviously not true.

1 minute ago, coldmike said:

I was told when I bought one that the door locks would release in the event of an impact.  I also was led to believe that these are so safe and well built that you'd survive almost any accident.  Obviously not true.

I'm gonna refrain from telling what I believe when reading your post.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Poor tree but nature always bats last.....

No sympathy whatsoever...they got what they deserved...

She has a voice and she didn't use it...guilty as he....should do drug testing on both...

Bit harsh,  but totally true I must say.  ?

7 hours ago, o2eZy said:

Wrong. All the BM's I've had the auto door lock is just an option and on impact they unlock.

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

She has a voice and she didn't use it...guilty as he....should do drug testing on both...

What utter nonsense.

She could have been screaming for him to stop, or slow down.

ok it was a big impact probably not survivable, but when was the last thai any of you saw a thai wearing a seat belt, i have said this before but on my last trip to Pattaya by coach, i did not see one thai on the bus putting on a seat belt  i did see  the japanese belting up. 

10 hours ago, o2eZy said:

when doors close they automatically lock and in an accident you are locked in and only the occupants inside can open the doors and etc etc

Can you tell me a car what not locked the doors after you start drive? Every BMW, VW, Mercedes, Audi, Opel, Toyota, Renault, Ford, ... what I drove in the last 15 years locked the doors automatic.

12 hours ago, Tarteso said:

It's a car too powerful for these kind of roads and perhaps they don't used the safety belt.  Rest In Peace:sad:

It isn't the car's power (unless there was a malfunction - brakes failed, accelerator jammed) it is the driver's fault. Not all BMWs are powerful.

Safety belts: Clunk - Click every trip!

13 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I like these guys who think a tree is more valuable than the life of a person. Do you think death sentence is justified for this driving mistake (even if the driver was drunk)?

15 hours ago, snowgard said:

Can you tell me a car what not locked the doors after you start drive? Every BMW, VW, Mercedes, Audi, Opel, Toyota, Renault, Ford, ... what I drove in the last 15 years locked the doors automatic.

In the USA the joke was when the cars started coming out with the auto door locks, called the cars were quipped with "date rape" devices.  I still drive my 1997 buick le sabre and it auto locks the doors.  I think my 1988 Chrysler New Yorker did also but I haven't had that since 2006 when I bought my buick so I don't trust my memory

what surprises me constantly is how many modern day cars seem to roll over as compared to cars in the past.  Are their wheel bases narrower?  yes.  Do they weigh less?  yes.  Do they go faster?  perhaps.  I think as importantly is drivers have much less feel for speed or road conditions.  My 1968 ford would tell me how fast I was going.  Now, with modern suspensions, car sound and vibration insulation, people have no idea how fast they are going.  They go as fast as the car in front of them.  Few people actually monitor their speed, constantly scan at the dash gauges, etc.

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

what surprises me constantly is how many modern day cars seem to roll over as compared to cars in the past.  Are their wheel bases narrower?  yes.  Do they weigh less?  yes.  Do they go faster?  perhaps.  I think as importantly is drivers have much less feel for speed or road conditions.  My 1968 ford would tell me how fast I was going.  Now, with modern suspensions, car sound and vibration insulation, people have no idea how fast they are going.  They go as fast as the car in front of them.  Few people actually monitor their speed, constantly scan at the dash gauges, etc.

A good driver can tell how fast they are going without the speedo.

Apart from  "city cars" (and most of them are bigger than an original Fiat 500 or mini) most new cars are heavier and wider than older ones.

SUVs that are so popular now are top heavy, but usually understeer rather than roll until they hit a curb or something.

What usually causes most cars to roll is a complete lack of skill, or way too much alcohol...

Archived