Behringer U - Control to copy cassettes - bare wire speaker connection

Speedo1968

Not sure if this is the right place to ask .... and I am not a techie and I live near Khon Kaen.

I would like to copy some very old ( 1970's ) original cassettes ( from different countries ) that I have here in Thailand and, copy on to my laptop.

I tried before but the laptop only has a single port which is both audio out and mic in - stupid I know but its the way of things today !

I used Audacity software which was fine but of course it picked up not only direct sound in but all external sounds from the mic.

I now have a Behringer U - Control UCA222 which gives me a USB input to the laptop with RCA connection options..

I have an oldish but very good condition Sony Upright Cassette ( 2 players and reverse auto play ) / CD / DVD player.

The real problem - the external speakers have 2 cables each with bare wire that connect to the main player unit, therefore no way to connect in to the Behringer unit.

Is it possible to have made up a bare wire connection from the speakers with 2 RCA fittings for the Behringer unit ?

If so where in Khon Kaen ( I live about 45Km away ) ?

Please note, I don't really want to modify the back of the player unit ( i.e. the bare wire cable fittings ).   Would it be possible to add a separate connection point for RCA fittings ? 

Thanks

I don't think you are going to get any reasonable quality from old audio cassettes.

Why not download copies of your music from YouTube.

With a program like the free - Freemake Video Downloader - http://www.freemake.com/ - you can download music videos and extract the sound track to MP3.

Carefull when installing the Video Downloader it has some bloatware with it so be cautious where you click. Unless you want some of the stuff they offer.  :whistling:

Capture-2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I don't think you are going to get any reasonable quality from old audio cassettes.

Why not download copies of your music from YouTube.

With a program like the free - Freemake Video Downloader - http://www.freemake.com/ - you can download music videos and extract the sound track to MP3.

Carefull when installing the Video Downloader it has some bloatware with it so be cautious where you click. Unless you want some of the stuff they offer.  :whistling:

Capture-2.jpg

You dont need any special software, there are websites that do it

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

OP, coudnt you just buy an RCA lead, chop one end strip back the wires and connect to speaker output. Your usb device would be expecting line level, but speaker output turned down should be ok.

I am suprised the cassette player has no line out or headphone out connection. 

As others have suggested, you can get most music somewhere on the internet, and its already digitial.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, coudnt you just buy an RCA lead, chop one end strip back the wires and connect to speaker output. Your usb device would be expecting line level, but speaker output turned down should be ok.

I am suprised the cassette player has no line out or headphone out connection. 

As others have suggested, you can get most music somewhere on the internet, and its already digitial.

Good idea about stripping cables, will give it a try.

Has video in / out and game in / out.

There is a single line out for headphones - will this do ???

The cassettes have been stored well.

Sound quality, for my ears, many are excellent.    Some NOT available on youtube etc or only part album tracks.   Second hand E-Bay or Amazon.

I have original vinyls too in UK, now property of my daughters.

Guess its the crackles and scratches that sometimes make a piece of music perfect ?

Some 600 cassettes still in UK about 200 here.

I lived in South America in the 1970's, even the cassettes I bought there have fared well.

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Good idea about stripping cables, will give it a try.

Has video in / out and game in / out.

There is a single line out for headphones - will this do ???

The cassettes have been stored well.

Sound quality, for my ears, many are excellent.    Some NOT available on youtube etc or only part album tracks.   Second hand E-Bay or Amazon.

I have original vinyls too in UK, now property of my daughters.

Guess its the crackles and scratches that sometimes make a piece of music perfect ?

Some 600 cassettes still in UK about 200 here.

I lived in South America in the 1970's, even the cassettes I bought there have fared well.

The headphone out would work, just buy a phono to RCA lead.

Archived