Line for BIB @191chiangmai

mamborobert

Some may be interested in this 

The local CM Police have a Line service that sends out alerts.  I have had it for about a fortnight now.  There is the usual promoand community stuff (BIB helping cut rice, BIB with recent offenders) and finger pointing opportunities similar to their FB page but it also has some useful stuff recently...on the road closures for Loi Krathong, parade routes, underpasses that were recently flooded, major road works or accidents that can be avoided,  along with photographs and the like.

They have also had a "found dog" and a "found credit card" with pictures of both which may help them be reunited with owner.  The messgaes are "current".

The most recent one, and the prompt for the message is a photo that has been put up of ann elderly Japanese man that has been sat down besides a banana shop near a temple in Fanham since this morning , somewhat disorientated and seemingly not able to converse with BIB beyond him asking if he is near home.  They have put an urgent call out for anyone that recognises him.

Whiile there are more than a few digs at BIB (some quite deserved) I thought this was quite a good initative (and seems to operate in other major cities as well).  

Its a shame that the messages are not sent in English as well (even select ones).

But as it is I have found it useful on a few occasions now..

Archived