90 Day Reporting

Hi

Can you tell me what the fine is for failing to file a 90 Day report? I tried searching on the forum but can't find the information.

Today is the last day for me to file the report (5 days after the actual report date), its not possible for me to go home to pick it up and get back to immigration before they close, so just want to know the fine and if there are any consequences. This isn't an overstay btw my visa is valid until Feb 2007

The fine is normally 2,000 baht but if you go Wednesday they might give you the benefit of Tuesday being a holiday and not enforce it. But if today is only 5 days over you may be ok anyhow as the window is plus/minus 7 days.

Keep in mind, however, the way they count days (they don't know how).

You can't be 1 day late, for instance. Suppose your 90 day reporting expires - say - Dec 1, then on the 1st you would be ok (no delay), but on the 2nd you would be "one, two" two days late (amazing, but consistently applied). So to count your 7 day window, remember that the 7th day delay (according to the rest of the world way of counting) will be counted as the eighth, no matter how hard you will try to teach them to count properly.

Matcube

The fine is normally 2,000 baht but if you go Wednesday they might give you the benefit of Tuesday being a holiday and not enforce it. But if today is only 5 days over you may be ok anyhow as the window is plus/minus 7 days.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.....fingers crossed it all works out :o

Another possible option:

I've transgressed this regulation 2 or 3 times myself. I just downloaded the form off the internet, filled it in, and mailed it to an outlying immigration office (like Mukdahan or Nong Khai). My receipt came back. No questions asked, no problems later.

I tend to think outlying offices are a little less fastidious at checking "the system' to see when you SHOULD HAVE sent the form. They have some low-level clerk processing these forms on a routine basis, and she/he doesn't have the time to do all the background research on every form that comes in.

Of course, now that I've let the cat out of the bag, they'll tighten up, and I've just destroyed my own escape route... :o

Edited by toptuan

Keep in mind, however, the way they count days (they don't know how).

You can't be 1 day late, for instance. Suppose your 90 day reporting expires - say - Dec 1, then on the 1st you would be ok (no delay), but on the 2nd you would be "one, two" two days late (amazing, but consistently applied). So to count your 7 day window, remember that the 7th day delay (according to the rest of the world way of counting) will be counted as the eighth, no matter how hard you will try to teach them to count properly.

Matcube

True! 0 equals 0, 1 equals 2, 2 equals 3 etc. A 30 day VOA becomes a 29 day visa and a 90 day visa is actually a 89 day visa. Amazing!

Hi

Can you tell me what the fine is for failing to file a 90 Day report? I tried searching on the forum but can't find the information.

Today is the last day for me to file the report (5 days after the actual report date), its not possible for me to go home to pick it up and get back to immigration before they close, so just want to know the fine and if there are any consequences. This isn't an overstay btw my visa is valid until Feb 2007

I mailed in my 90-day report to the Suan Plu office Saturday, due on the 9th so should be OK. Last time it was due I just remembed to check my "social" calendar on the due date. Oops. Mailed it in EMS and it got processed w/in the 7-day leaway window.

Below the list of requrements for mailing the 90-day report.

Mac

post-32650-1165209995_thumb.jpg