The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

10 hours ago, Godolphin said:

I would love to see it play out this way boomerangutang but something tells me that this pathological President, and especially his advisers, particularly Bannon, have some more sinister scenarios in mind.

With the budget priority on defence spending is it just speculating to infer that this administration is gearing up for some real conflict? North Korea perhaps? Who knows, but there is nothing like a bit of armed conflict to deflect to scrutiny and criticism away and pull the patriotism card. Thatcher and the Falklands, G W Bush and Iraq come to mind.

Just on the slash and burn budget: no hint of the trillion dollar public works program that the great Donald promised right through his campaign. Military spending first.

The mighty, 555, Reagan and Grenada!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Sure is a pity that Chuckd no longer posts.

If I recall correctly, Chuckd and a few others made hundreds of posts on T.Visa, all supporting Trump.  Perhaps some or all of them have since seen their foolishness and how easily they were duped by the #1 shyster in the US (step aside Madoff, you're #2 now).  I wouldn't be surprised if former avid Trump fans are, one by one, seeing what a giant anti-American mistake they made by backing The Divider.

Come over to the bright side.  You're welcome.  

6 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

If I recall correctly, Chuckd and a few others made hundreds of posts on T.Visa, all supporting Trump.  Perhaps some or all of them have since seen their foolishness and how easily they were duped by the #1 shyster in the US (step aside Madoff, you're #2 now).  I wouldn't be surprised if former avid Trump fans are, one by one, seeing what a giant anti-American mistake they made by backing The Divider.

More likely, given their reliance on posting links to fake news websites, they've gone to place where fiction is tolerated and encouraged.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nazi(s) in the white house?

Calls to fire close trump adviser Gorka (good buddy of Breitbart propagandist alt-right white nationalist Bannon) because of his Nazi ties back in Hungary.

I would like to see both Gorka and Bannon fired but don't expect it. That's trump being trump, surrounding himself with such hateful sleazeballs.

Gorka failed to disclose his Nazi ties at immigration interviews. That can still be pursued today even though he is now a citizen. He still may have been eligible to become a citizen if he had disclosed them but his legal problem now that it's come out that he failed to disclose them. 

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/366282/muslim-group-calls-for-gorkas-firing-after-hungarian-nazi-ties-revealed/?attribution=home-top-story-7-headline

Sebastian Gorka, who sits in the Trump White House as deputy assistant to the president just five years after becoming a U.S. citizen, has faced growing controversy about his academic and professional credentials. Critics have also highlighted his past association with racist and anti-Semitic figures in Hungary, where he lived as a citizen for many years before coming to the United States. Questions have been raised, too, about whether he has been granted the security clearances that would ordinarily be necessary for someone working as the president’s chief counter-terrorism consultant.

http://forward.com/news/national/366248/how-sebastian-gorka-catapulted-from-far-right-obscurity-in-hungary-to-the-w/?attribution=more-articles-carousel-item-1-headline

EXCLUSIVE: Nazi-Allied Group Claims Top Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka As Sworn Member

http://forward.com/news/national/366181/exclusive-nazi-allied-group-claims-top-trump-aide-sebastian-gorka-as-sworn/?attribution=next-article

"A story alleging that Trump aide Sebastian Gorka is a "crypto-Nazi" actually made the rounds today on left-wing media and even among mainstream news outlets. The allegation is so absurd one has to wonder if the White House baited the media into looking foolish. "

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/16/latest-left-wing-smear-against-sebastian-gorka-unravels/

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nazi(s) in the white house?

Calls to fire close trump adviser Gorka (good buddy of Breitbart propagandist alt-right white nationalist Bannon) because of his Nazi ties back in Hungary.

I would like to see both Gorka and Bannon fired but don't expect it. That's trump being trump, surrounding himself with such hateful sleazeballs.

Gorka failed to disclose his Nazi ties at immigration interviews. That can still be pursued today even though he is now a citizen. He still may have been eligible to become a citizen if he had disclosed them but his legal problem now that it's come out that he failed to disclose them. 

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/366282/muslim-group-calls-for-gorkas-firing-after-hungarian-nazi-ties-revealed/?attribution=home-top-story-7-headline

Sebastian Gorka, who sits in the Trump White House as deputy assistant to the president just five years after becoming a U.S. citizen, has faced growing controversy about his academic and professional credentials. Critics have also highlighted his past association with racist and anti-Semitic figures in Hungary, where he lived as a citizen for many years before coming to the United States. Questions have been raised, too, about whether he has been granted the security clearances that would ordinarily be necessary for someone working as the president’s chief counter-terrorism consultant.

http://forward.com/news/national/366248/how-sebastian-gorka-catapulted-from-far-right-obscurity-in-hungary-to-the-w/?attribution=more-articles-carousel-item-1-headline

EXCLUSIVE: Nazi-Allied Group Claims Top Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka As Sworn Member

http://forward.com/news/national/366181/exclusive-nazi-allied-group-claims-top-trump-aide-sebastian-gorka-as-sworn/?attribution=next-article

37 minutes ago, stander said:

"A story alleging that Trump aide Sebastian Gorka is a "crypto-Nazi" actually made the rounds today on left-wing media and even among mainstream news outlets. The allegation is so absurd one has to wonder if the White House baited the media into looking foolish. "

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/16/latest-left-wing-smear-against-sebastian-gorka-unravels/

Senior Trump Aide Forged Key Ties To Anti-Semitic Groups In Hungary

But an investigation by the Forward into Gorka’s activities from 2002 to 2007, while he was active in Hungarian politics and journalism, found that he had close ties then to Hungarian far-right circles, and has in the past chosen to work with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures.

Gorka’s involvement with the far right includes co-founding a political party with former prominent members of Jobbik, a political party with a well-known history of anti-Semitism; repeatedly publishing articles in a newspaper known for its anti-Semitic and racist content; and attending events with some of Hungary’s most notorious extreme-right figures.

When Gorka was asked — in an email exchange with the Forward — about the anti-Semitic records of some of the groups and individuals he has worked with, he instead pivoted to talk about his family’s history.

http://forward.com/news/national/364085/sebastian-gorka-trump-aide-forged-key-ties-to-anti-semitic-groups-in-hunga/

Edited by ilostmypassword

Gorka seems to be another nut.  One of Bannon's friends.  Nuff said.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/17/dr-sebastian-gorka-may-be-a-far-right-nativist-but-for-sure-hes-a-terrible-scholar-trump-radical-islam/

Dr. Sebastian Gorka May Be a Far-Right Nativist, But for Sure He’s a Terrible Scholar

A closer look at the doctoral dissertation of President Trump’s expert on “radical Islamist terrorism.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/02/27/survival-tips-for-sebastian-gorka-phd/?utm_term=.7664d24836a6

Sebastian Gorka has an interesting job in the White House. He is a self-proclaimed “irregular warfare strategist,” so one might think he would be working at the National Security Council. As it turns out, he’s not, but rather a deputy to strategist Stephen K. Bannon and part of his Strategic Initiatives Group. He believes that conventional counterterrorism experts have underestimated the ideological component of the war on terrorism, and that the key to defeating the Islamic State and al-Qaeda is identifying the enemy as radical Islamic terrorism.

No wonder this administration is in trouble.  Look at who they've hired.

So far, Trump has been mercifully incompetent

During the presidential campaign, Donald Trump remarked often on the stupidity of our leaders. He was under the impression that the rest of the planet was indulging in some sort of global guffaw at our expense. “How stupid are we? The world is laughing.” If so, what must the mirthful world think of our current state of affairs? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-once-said-we-were-led-by-very-very-stupid-people-hes-finally-right/2017/03/17/1c6f915a-0b3a-11e7-b77c-0047d15a24e0_story.html?utm_term=.ea35ea1c583e&wpisrc=nl_opinionsA&wpmm=1

8 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

More likely, given their reliance on posting links to fake news websites, they've gone to place where fiction is tolerated and encouraged.

Or, once  the election was decided, many of them do not feel the need to engage. This was a sentiment expressed by several such posters (notably, the better quality element). Guess it would also have some correlation with actual support for Trump vs. rejection of HRC. Those leaning more to the latter, will have less to say in favor of Trump. Their main point being that he's not HRC.

Lumping them all together, and airing unflattering guesswork generalizations is off-mark.

10 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's not only right-wingers and rednecks who sucked up all the fake denigrating crap that the Russkies and Trump dished out.    More than a few lefties also believed it.   My daughter, for example, went cross country from CA to PA to join with Sanders supporters during the primaries.  She's very liberal.  Yet, when we hung out briefly in December, she went on and on denigrating HRC.  It surprised me, and was a bit sad to hear.  It became clear to me (thought I didn't tell her outright) that she had been influenced by the Alt-Right and the Russkies into believing all the trash talk spewing out of Wikileaks and Donald's mouth.  

Another aspect of that:   Many liberals who would have voted for HRC (especially to vote against Trump) actually used the 'write-in' feature on their ballots to write some cartoon character in.  Thousands of Florida ballots, for example, had Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck written in. All those folks thought it was a shoe-in for HRC, so they wasted their vote.   The number of wasted votes far outnumbered the # of votes which gave him the majority - which enabled him to win Florida.  Much the same probably happened in several other states where Trump got a small majority of votes.

Even so, I think the one biggest reason HRC lost was FBI boss Comey's shitty announcement, 9 days prior to the election, that the FBI was going to look at Weiner's emails.   Comey, to me, is nearly as decrepit as the harmful-to-America dufuses occupying the Oval Office.   For that reason, I give him zero credence when he makes an announcement (on Monday or whenever).  

51 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It's not only right-wingers and rednecks who sucked up all the fake denigrating crap that the Russkies and Trump dished out.    More than a few lefties also believed it.   My daughter, for example, went cross country from CA to PA to join with Sanders supporters during the primaries.  She's very liberal.  Yet, when we hung out briefly in December, she went on and on denigrating HRC.  It surprised me, and was a bit sad to hear.  It became clear to me (thought I didn't tell her outright) that she had been influenced by the Alt-Right and the Russkies into believing all the trash talk spewing out of Wikileaks and Donald's mouth.  

Another aspect of that:   Many liberals who would have voted for HRC (especially to vote against Trump) actually used the 'write-in' feature on their ballots to write some cartoon character in.  Thousands of Florida ballots, for example, had Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck written in. All those folks thought it was a shoe-in for HRC, so they wasted their vote.   The number of wasted votes far outnumbered the # of votes which gave him the majority - which enabled him to win Florida.  Much the same probably happened in several other states where Trump got a small majority of votes.

Even so, I think the one biggest reason HRC lost was FBI boss Comey's shitty announcement, 9 days prior to the election, that the FBI was going to look at Weiner's emails.   Comey, to me, is nearly as decrepit as the harmful-to-America dufuses occupying the Oval Office.   For that reason, I give him zero credence when he makes an announcement (on Monday or whenever).  

I agree that Comey should have been fired already, but for different reasons. At any rate, he didn't tell the U.S. public anything they didn't already know about Hillary, her track record speaks for it's self.

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Another aspect of that:   Many liberals who would have voted for HRC (especially to vote against Trump) actually used the 'write-in' feature on their ballots to write some cartoon character in.  Thousands of Florida ballots, for example, had Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck written in. All those folks thought it was a shoe-in for HRC, so they wasted their vote.   The number of wasted votes far outnumbered the # of votes which gave him the majority - which enabled him to win Florida.  Much the same probably happened in several other states where Trump got a small majority of vote.

The write-in vote in Florida only amounted to .27%..

The problem with Clinton is she is not as bright or left as she thinks and portrays herself to be. The thing I noticed most during the campaign was that she acted like the biggest demographic block in the country didn't exist. Very dangerous tactic when nearly half the voting population doesn't usually vote so are up for grabs. I know one of them and he  voted for the first time in his life at age 60 solely because of his hatred of Clinton. On the other side many usual Dem voters stayed home. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2016

Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate president

"A majority of young adults — 57 percent — see Trump's presidency as illegitimate,

including about three-quarters of blacks and large majorities of Latinos and Asians, the GenForward poll found."

"A slim majority of young whites in the poll, 53 percent, consider Trump a legitimate president,

but even among that group 55 percent disapprove of the job he's doing, according to the survey."

"Overall, just 22 percent of young adults approve of the job he is doing as president, while 62 percent disapprove."

https://apnews.com/d0885decf746477a8101019788d2e925

Edited by iReason

In One Rocky Week, Trump's Self-Inflicted Chaos on Vivid Display

"I have to be nice, otherwise I'll get criticized for speaking poorly about our courts, he said. But he could not help himself: The president soon suggested that the court that had just ruled against him should be destroyed. "People are screaming, ˜Break up the Ninth Circuit!"

"Once again, Mr. Trump's agenda was subsumed by problems of his own making, his message undercut by a seemingly endless stream of controversy he cannot seem to stop himself from feeding."

"It's a pattern with him- he sometimes counterpunches so hard he hits himself," said Ari Fleischer, who served as White House press secretary for George W. Bush. :laugh:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/18/us/politics/trump-controversies-chaos.html?_r=0

Lock him up!

In the Looney Bin...

Trump's at it again, this time by misunderstanding NATO funding policy.

'That's not how it works': Trump's grasp of Nato questioned after Merkel tweets”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/18/trump-merkel-nato-germany-owe-money-tweet

Edited by simple1

On 3/17/2017 at 7:02 AM, craigt3365 said:

The wall has not been built and most likely never will.  They can't find the money.  He hasn't deported any illegal aliens.  Obama did the best of any president ever.  And he's brought zero jobs back to the US.  How's that Koolaid taste? LOL

P.S. This isn't about the election.  Catch up, please.

Again, he's building the wall.  Here's  link to the Request for Proposals.  https://govtribe.com/project/solid-concrete-border-wall-rfp

Edited by Pepe1

10 minutes ago, Pepe1 said:

Again, he's building the wall.  Here's  link to the Request for Proposals.  https://govtribe.com/project/solid-concrete-border-wall-rfp

You still haven't answered my previous question.  Show something Trump has actually accomplished.  Very little if anything. 

As for the wall, you are aware of the differences between a proposal and a signed contract? LOL  There's no money for this.  It won't be built until congress approves it.  And will end up like his travel ban.  Dead on arrival.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You still haven't answered my previous question.  Show something Trump has actually accomplished.  Very little if anything. 

As for the wall, you are aware of the differences between a proposal and a signed contract? LOL  There's no money for this.  It won't be built until congress approves it.  And will end up like his travel ban.  Dead on arrival.

In case the member to whom you're responding wants to continue with his argument; from the RFP...

the Government's obligation under this solicitation, or any contract or TO that might result from the solicitation is entirely subject to, and contingent upon, the availability of appropriated funds

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

In case the member to whom you're responding wants to continue with his argument; from the RFP...

the Government's obligation under this solicitation, or any contract or TO that might result from the solicitation is entirely subject to, and contingent upon, the availability of appropriated funds

Perfect. Some just don't get it.

Just read an article about Trump's lies and how it energizes his base.  The Obama birth certificate was a big one.  Helped get Trump into office.  And many fell for it! LOL 

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You don't have a clue, do you?  Anyway, this thread and the "Resistance" movement serve a very good purpose: Group therapy for those who cannot accept President Trump's victory.  Carry on!

Just now, Pepe1 said:

You don't have a clue, do you?  Anyway, this thread and the "Resistance" movement serve a very good purpose: Group therapy for those who cannot accept President Trump's victory.  Carry on!

Seems you are the one with the problem.  Please, answer my question.  This isn't about Trump's win.  Catch up, please. 

2 hours ago, Pepe1 said:

Trump voters are waking up.

Trump Voter Shocked To Find That Her Meals On Wheels Could Be Cut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/one-direction-singer-says-trump-once-kicked-band-out-of-hotel-for-not-meeting-his-daughter_us_58cd672be4b0ec9d29dc8348?qr2pctrl3o1mm42t9&

It speaks volumes that the paucity of your arguments in support of the Giant Clown means that the only response you can provide to critics is 'get over the election'. The equivalent of poking out your tongue.

5 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Trump voters are waking up.

Trump Voter Shocked To Find That Her Meals On Wheels Could Be Cut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/one-direction-singer-says-trump-once-kicked-band-out-of-hotel-for-not-meeting-his-daughter_us_58cd672be4b0ec9d29dc8348?qr2pctrl3o1mm42t9&

It speaks volumes that the paucity of your arguments in support of the Giant Clown means that the only response you can provide to critics is 'get over the election'. The equivalent of poking out your tongue.

No, it speaks volumes that you actually admit to reading the Huffington Post.

2 minutes ago, Pepe1 said:

You can demonstrate that the story is false? Of course not, so you attack the source.

You got nothing.

You really believe that Trump killing the Meals on Wheels for those who supported him is a good idea? Or you just make silly, infantile comments about the so called MSM?

12 minutes ago, Pepe1 said:

Here's the problem with many.  They dismiss good info just because a publication is deemed too far left or right.  This story is covered by dozens of media sites.  Not just the Huffington Post.  Keep up.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/meals-on-wheels-trump-budget-blueprint/

The preliminary outline for President Donald Trump's 2018 budget could slash some funding for a program that provides meals for older, impoverished Americans.

The budget blueprint suggests cutting funds for the Department of Housing and Urban Development by about $6.2 billion, a 13.2% decrease from its 2017 funding level.

trump is in a trap now. If he continues to support policies that trash his core supporters he'll start having problems getting purist worshippers at his Mussolini style rallies. He seems to need the rallies to feed his ego and push the propaganda exaggerating his support which in fact weak by percentage of population.