90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes they can be complete a**holes when the mood takes them. I try to deal with the same IO each annual extension. I have all my passport pages scanned so I just print out what I need  and sign. I have presented these copies every year. One year he told me that he did not like the orientation of the copy (have to turn A4 side ways). Told me I had to copy again so he did not have to turn the A4 paper. I started to say he accepted these copies last year and the year before - but wife kicked me and said shut up. When home and scanned the way he wanted - print - return. I give 2 copies of every passport page - even the blank ones cos if I don't they ask for some unrelated page - even then one time the IO said he needed a page that I had not copied - again try to say it's there - wife kicks - I go down to copier - get back and naturally he had already found the 'missing' copy page. Sigh Sigh

Your right, They don't accept (anymore) copy's which are not facing horizontal.

All copy's have to be done in a way that the paper doesn't have to be turned to read it.

It was not a retaliation to you but it's applicable for everybody doing business in the upstairs office.

But they can be indeed a pain in the back on many occasions.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:32 PM, LivinginKata said:

Yes they can be complete a**holes when the mood takes them. I try to deal with the same IO each annual extension. I have all my passport pages scanned so I just print out what I need  and sign. I have presented these copies every year. One year he told me that he did not like the orientation of the copy (have to turn A4 side ways). Told me I had to copy again so he did not have to turn the A4 paper. I started to say he accepted these copies last year and the year before - but wife kicked me and said shut up. When home and scanned the way he wanted - print - return. I give 2 copies of every passport page - even the blank ones cos if I don't they ask for some unrelated page - even then one time the IO said he needed a page that I had not copied - again try to say it's there - wife kicks - I go down to copier - get back and naturally he had already found the 'missing' copy page. Sigh Sigh

Another tid bit of info needed,  thanks. Copies need to be horizontal  is this for room 103, though? 

Edited by PhuketSarah

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Went and did mine yesterday. Bad choice. I didn't realise that Monday was a holiday, so yesterday was the first day open this week.

Absolutely packed like sardines in 101. My report took just over an hour.

I'm doing mine today, can you confirm that no copies of anything required, only the passport and last reporting slip?

So, did the report yesterday, and apart from a 30 minute wait for my number to come up, straight forward with only passport and previous report slip required.   What I did find interesting is that there appears to be new 'volunteers', with none of the previous regulars present.   Instead, a young Chinese guy and an older Indian were doing the checks.   Sign of Phuket tourist/resident demographics I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

So, did the report yesterday, and apart from a 30 minute wait for my number to come up, straight forward with only passport and previous report slip required.   What I did find interesting is that there appears to be new 'volunteers', with none of the previous regulars present.   Instead, a young Chinese guy and an older Indian were doing the checks.   Sign of Phuket tourist/resident demographics I guess.

I find it ironic that it takes longer to do a 90 dayer than it does to get the actual retirement permit.

Scope for it to be moved out of the main office as one doesn't need contact with the volunteers and a somewhat long queue on occasion.

I tend to go mid afternoon now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I find it ironic that it takes longer to do a 90 dayer than it does to get the actual retirement permit.

Scope for it to be moved out of the main office as one doesn't need contact with the volunteers and a somewhat long queue on occasion.

I tend to go mid afternoon now.

Maybe just drop it altogether.

It serves no purpose except clogging up the system for people that really need an immigration provided service.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Maybe just drop it altogether.

It serves no purpose except clogging up the system for people that really need an immigration provided service.

No way ... the Thai Goverment must know where we trouble makers live. And it was not get better under military rule.  If only the online system worked again ...

13 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No way ... the Thai Goverment must know where we trouble makers live. And it was not get better under military rule.  If only the online system worked again ...

As of 5 hours ago, the online reporting site seems to be working, as someone reported getting approval in Phuket.  Ubon Joe also reports that they apparently fixed the long-standing security certificate problem.  You might want to give it a try.  I will be taking my shot in about two weeks.

One thing to note is that in Phuket they apparently don't approve your online application when received but may wait until the actual due date to do the approval.  Therefore, your application may be in pending status for as long as two weeks if you make your online application as soon as allowed.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, skatewash said:

As of 5 hours ago, the online reporting site seems to be working, as someone reported getting approval in Phuket.  Ubon Joe also reports that they apparently fixed the long-standing security certificate problem.  You might want to give it a try.  I will be taking my shot in about two weeks.

<snip>

Oh joy joy - it is working. But more important for us is the guest's house registration is also working. Joy Joy 

Edited by LivinginKata
typo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, pagallim said:

They have indeed a new Chinese volunteer specially for the Chinese costumers who don't speak any English.

The so called Indian guy is actually Australian. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2017 at 4:08 PM, Jimi007 said:

It seems to work with browsers other than IE Explorer as well now too. It was not time for me to file, but I could actually for the first time see the fillable pdf form with the Safari Browser. Not sure if it will send, but looked encouraging. Oh, here's the link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Since yesterday trying to do the 90 days online.

Have tried with Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Opera. After clicking submit, nothing happens even after waiting for 1 hour.

Guess have to make pilgrimage to Phuket Town. Well:stoner:er

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

Have tried with Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Opera. After clicking submit, nothing happens even after waiting for 1 hour.

Thanks for the update. 

8 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

I will be giving this a try next week using IE. Note that confirmation will not be made until the expiry date of the last 90 days. Worth checking on that day before you travel into Immigration office. You are allowed to be 5 days late.

21 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I will be giving this a try next week using IE. Note that confirmation will not be made until the expiry date of the last 90 days. Worth checking on that day before you travel into Immigration office. You are allowed to be 5 days late.

Yes I am aware of the 7 days. I would assume that once you clicked submit, you are required to enter an email address to receive the confirmation as on the first page no email address is requested. Never tried the online before, seems logic to me, but I know few things are logic here like one is used to.

Thanks

My recent 90 Day Report online experience:

on 27/08/2017 (Sunday) submitted an online request and on 30/08/2017 (Wednesday) received notification by email that the request had been approved.  I received the approval 11 days before the due date and 3 days after submission. 

Used the Chrome browser to submit the request.  No security certificate problems.  Note that the site was very unstable the day before, 26/08/2017 (Saturday) which was within my 15 days before due date online submission window.  I experienced extreme latency (hit a key and nothing happened for a very long time) enough so that I gave up on doing the submission on Saturday.  The next day things were much better, a slight latency but nothing comparable to the previous day.  I can't explain why the difference in latency between my experience on Saturday and on Sunday.  I did all the normal things (turned modem on and off, turned the computer on and off) on both days.  On Saturday didn't seem to make a difference, on Sunday it did.

One other thing I noticed.  I purposely entered only the mandatory fields when I first started the application.  Only the last name (surname) is required so that is all I put.  Subsequently, while filling out the application form the first name/middle name fields were not mandatory and consequently, I did not enter them.  The result of all this is that my receipt only contains my last name (no first or middle names).  As said the form was approved by immigration so last name is apparently all that is required, but if I had it to do over again I would have made sure to enter my first and middle names on the application so they would appear on my 90 day notification receipt (as they do when immigration accepts the report made in person and issues a receipt).

One other odd experience:  on Wednesday after being notified of the approval, I accessed the immigration site using Chrome to print out my next appointment (the notification receipt) and was unable to do so for some reason.  It would open a window to contain the contents of the next appointment, but it would never appear there.  I eventually tried using Firefox to do the same thing and was successful in printing my notification receipt.  Since it was successful I didn't bother trying to figure out why it had failed using Chrome.

My suggestion is that if you are having trouble doing something related to the 90 Day report site, try using a different browser.  Good luck to all.  It's really very nice when it works.

28 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

Yes I am aware of the 7 days. I would assume that once you clicked submit, you are required to enter an email address to receive the confirmation as on the first page no email address is requested. Never tried the online before, seems logic to me, but I know few things are logic here like one is used to.

Thanks

Yes, when filling out the application it does ask for your email address to which in my case it did send an email when it was approved.  I know in the past that sometimes such a notification email was not sent even though the application was approved.  It worked correctly in my case.  You can always access the site and check to see the status of your request even if you do not receive the notification.

16 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, when filling out the application it does ask for your email address to which in my case it did send an email when it was approved.  I know in the past that sometimes such a notification email was not sent even though the application was approved.  It worked correctly in my case.  You can always access the site and check to see the status of your request even if you do not receive the notification.

But in the initial page, what I call first page of the application, it does not ask for an email address. At least in the various browsers I used. After clicking submit, I just get a blank page.

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

But in the initial page, what I call first page of the application, it does not ask for an email address. At least in the various browsers I used. After clicking submit, I just get a blank page.

It might be on the second or final page of application where it asks for the email address.  I do believe that it is a mandatory field.

The website appears to be down at the moment so can't check.  There's a user guide (in Thai) available from the initial page and this might have screenshots of the various application pages.  

• Like 1