Germany: with or without Merkel

webfact

10 minutes ago, Opl said:

He was opposed to Maastricht Treaty.

Actually in France, to speak frankly, people are so embarrased with the government in charge , that they will vote for a change, but not for an " aventurous one" - and M. Le Pen has never been in public service - nor can claim to be a successful business woman.

Fillon is offensive in his positions and stays calm - so he reassures people who are fed up with potical weathercocks. He does not behave like a populist - so it would be OK for what french people expect from a state man.  

For Macron, former banker - the fruit is not ripe  

I might be wrong but that how it looks to me today.

I understand what you are saying.

Regardless of who is put up for election, every single one of them will have Pro's and Con's.

I will stand by my original assertion that if something goes boom or bang in France between now and April, Le Pen will romp it.

22 minutes ago, Opl said:

I might be wrong but that how it looks to me today.

This is what is wrong, not just France, Germany, the UK but all over.

Dominique Moïsi, political analyst from the thinktank the Institut Montaigne, 

He added that the “primary consideration” should be choosing a presidential candidate who could defeat Le Pen.

“The French system mitigates against a far-right victory; this remains unlikely, but for the first time I would not say it is impossible.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/21/france-francois-fillon-alain-juppe-nicolas-sarkozy

When we get to the stage that the '' Primary Consideration '' is the defeat of a Political opponent and not the Country, we are all <deleted>.

Edited by SgtRock

14 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I understand what you are saying.

Regardless of who is put up for election, every single one of them will have Pro's and Con's.

I will stand by my original assertion that if something goes boom or bang in France between now and April, Le Pen will romp it.

" I will stand by my original assertion that if something goes boom or bang in France between now and April, Le Pen will romp it."

You may be right :

- not only because of a terrorist attack made in the name of ISI

- but also because of incidents and incivilities in  everyday life between french people / people of different ethnic origins ( to speak PC)  - everything has become epidermic.

I do nonetheless hope Fillon is the step before Le Pen.  

Edited by Opl

17 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

This is what is wrong, not just France, Germany, the UK but all over.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/21/france-francois-fillon-alain-juppe-nicolas-sarkozy

When we get to the stage that the '' Primary Consideration '' is the defeat of a Political opponent and not the Country, we are all <deleted>.

You are right again... I'd add  USA to your list.

As if électoral choices were driven by existential issues.  

Germany will be interesting to observe , compared to France because Germans have a far better economy and manage to deal  better with the immigration in their country.  The history is not the same either.

The questions I have is what in  10  or 20 years ?  

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, sweatalot said:

a politician reigning against the will of the people dares to intend being reelected

- unbelievable

and probably she will be reelected

- even more unbelievable

if this is democracy ...

I am not a fan of Mrs Merkel, have never voted for her party, but it is absolutely ridiculous to say that she is "reigning against the will of the people" The party she heads, the CDU, gained over 41% of votes in the last Federal election and she heads a coalition government which has the backing of over 65% of the votes in last election. If she is reelected (although I'll not vote for her, I think that unfortunately there is no alternative to her, in the next four years)) she will probably head another coalition representing a majority of voters. So where is the question of "if this is democracy". If this is not democracy, what is one?????

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I don't think there's much integrity in making a unilateral decision to throw open Germany's doors to hordes of illegal migrants, without even consulting her own parliament, and then when the obvious happens try to force other countries to take quotas of those illegal migrants without any consideration of the opinions of those countries' governments or populations wishes and views.

And still today she pursues that arrogant dictatorial attitude without ever once admitting let alone apologizing for her stupidity.

Her actions in ordering German media not to report on huge and serious crimes, such as the mass rape not only in Cologne where approx 1,500 frauleins were assaulted in just a couple if hours, but also across many German cities simulaneously was a major concerted effort to stop Germans knowing the true situation. That, is the 100% opposite of integrity. It is lying with an evil agenda in mind. She will not be voted back in, Germans just cant be that daft.

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

I fully agree with you on the similar social and political conditions.

Where I will disagree with you is that there is now a movement away from the sheeple accepting the status quo and every single political event, that bucks the status quo, between now and the German elections will embolden the sheeple.

There are cultural differences that may see the German voters less willing to embrace a rapid change in the political narrative.  That said, the drift to a nationalist right seems unstoppable in most countries that have a failing societal model (Germany not being one of these as yet).  The only question is how far right and how fast.

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Democracy could be a wonderful form of society  ...

.... If the majority of people would be well educated, well informed and well intended

but what if the majority is not ?

(Btw I am far from apologizing dictatorship, tyranny or their likes)

You probably know what Winston Churchill said about democracy - it is certainly not the best form , but I know of no better!

3 hours ago, adhd said:

hope the next one will kick all those pseudo refugees trouble makers out asap

they brought in hordes of people with no education, different religion, against the will of the people ... hope revolt will come one day, same same as the revolts that took place in those magreb countries

If you are referring to Germany, you are absolutely wrong. The majority of the people were and still are, albeit not as strongly as they used to be, for the refugees, although it could and should have been done in a more orderly way. Most of the refugees are not "pseudo refugees", they are running for their lives from bombs by criminal regimes. Obviously, there are some awful people among them, but as a whole these refugees are decent poor people. We should all remember that some 70 years ago in Europe we were in the same position, running for our lives.,

Lesson from the french situation tells it's difficult to adjust : “With your democratic laws, we will colonize you. With our Koranic laws, we will dominate you.”

"The main point is this: a Muslim living in Europe should not expect to be able to live as he would in a Muslim country. Muslims who have settled on European soil have constantly to be reminded that they are not in Dar al-Islam but, rather, in the land of the Infidels where, even their own sacred texts tell them, they should keep a low profile. If the Muslims living in Europe come to feel that they are living in Dar al-Islam, that will mean the end of Europe."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/islam_and_the_wests_death_by_freedom.html#ixzz4QjIQYTgc

Edited by Opl

Just now, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Hollande in France will surely be out in the cold and with any luck, next year Merkel will too and with her will go the idea of a United States of Europe.

Hollande yes but Merkel no,there is no one to replace her. A USE would be great, it may even happen but gradually, not unfortunately in my lifetime. 

Soulbundy said:

"Hollande yes but Merkel no,there is no one to replace her. A USE would be great, it may even happen but gradually, not unfortunately in my lifetime." 

I agree that in all likelihood Merkel will be re-elected in the absence of any real opponent but there will NEVER be a United States of Europe.  I find it amazing that the people in most countries want to retain their sovereignty, or in some cases want to attain it, whereas the EU, and Merkel in particular, seem to think that 27 member countries should be falling over themselves to relinquish the bit of sovereignty they have left.  One would imagine that Brexit served as a warning that, once the people themselves are asked the question. the result is not always what she and other so-called world leaders would have hoped for or expected.  It is time these leaders started to listen to their voters, as otherwise the time may come when they are literally FORCED to and forced out of office. Cameron in the UK and Clinton in the USA have already been taught that lesson. 

3 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Soulbundy said:

"Hollande yes but Merkel no,there is no one to replace her. A USE would be great, it may even happen but gradually, not unfortunately in my lifetime." 

I agree that in all likelihood Merkel will be re-elected in the absence of any real opponent but there will NEVER be a United States of Europe.  I find it amazing that the people in most countries want to retain their sovereignty, or in some cases want to attain it, whereas the EU, and Merkel in particular, seem to think that 27 member countries should be falling over themselves to relinquish the bit of sovereignty they have left.  One would imagine that Brexit served as a warning that, once the people themselves are asked the question. the result is not always what she and other so-called world leaders would have hoped for or expected.  It is time these leaders started to listen to their voters, as otherwise the time may come when they are literally FORCED to and forced out of office. Cameron in the UK and Clinton in the USA have already been taught that lesson. 

A German politician,i think it was Franz-Joseph Strauss, once said,''In politics never say never''

What Merkel has done to Germany is unforgivable, She is responsible for terrorist attacks across Europe. Flooding Europe with economic Muslim invaders.

I just hope the German people see beyond the propaganda German TV stations and get rid of this evil woman.

These boat people should have been turned away from day 1.

2 minutes ago, TommyUK1960 said:

What Merkel has done to Germany is unforgivable, She is responsible for terrorist attacks across Europe. Flooding Europe with economic Muslim invaders.

I just hope the German people see beyond the propaganda German TV stations and get rid of this evil woman.

These boat people should have been turned away from day 1.

you mean desperate refugees should be given no help,sounds more like you are evil. It wasn't Merkels fault that the refugees came, helping refugees is in the EU charter i believe. What percentage of these refugees are terrorists ? you don't know, lots of figures are bandied around, many terror attacks have been made not by refugees but by home grown terrorists.

6 hours ago, jaidam said:

Her actions in ordering German media not to report on huge and serious crimes, such as the mass rape not only in Cologne where approx 1,500 frauleins were assaulted in just a couple if hours, but also across many German cities simulaneously was a major concerted effort to stop Germans knowing the true situation. That, is the 100% opposite of integrity. It is lying with an evil agenda in mind. She will not be voted back in, Germans just cant be that daft.

You are grossly exaggerating. It is true what happened in Cologne and other cities was awful (although not 1500 young ladies were raped) but this was not done mostly by refugees, but most of the culprits were North Africans (Moroccans, Tunisians and Algerians), who had been in Germany (mostly illegally) for years. Further, Mrs Merkel did not, repeat NOT, order anyone not to report on these awful events. In Germany we have a free press, which nobody can order around. Mrs Merkel is not Mr. Erdogan, or Putin. I can't tell you if Mrs. Merkel will be reelected, but I really don't know of an an alternative (the AFD leader???!!)

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, soalbundy said:

you mean desperate refugees should be given no help,sounds more like you are evil. It wasn't Merkels fault that the refugees came, helping refugees is in the EU charter i believe. What percentage of these refugees are terrorists ? you don't know, lots of figures are bandied around, many terror attacks have been made not by refugees but by home grown terrorists.

These people are not refugees but people who have been abused by the traffickers. What annoys me is the way Merkel told Europe "You will take these people" Dictating. Hence these people come to Europe unchecked and strait onto the welfare system. Instead of Merkel saying "Refugees welcome" and allowing the flood gates for the traffickers to take advantage of these people. The boats should have been turned back. The trouble is the media is controlled by Brussels and they keep pumping propaganda out. I have watched German TV and they just don't give the people the truth of what's going on. The so called migrants are flooding towns causing allsorts of problems and most of all they are never grateful for the help they receive.

If they are true refugees they should go home soon as it's safe but most are Muslim invader.

On 11/22/2016 at 7:24 PM, soalbundy said:

It wasn't Merkels fault that the refugees came, helping refugees is in the EU charter i believe. What percentage of these refugees are terrorists ? you don't know, lots of figures are bandied around, many terror attacks have been made not by refugees but by home grown terrorists.

Oh, Merkel invited all to come. How many of this refugees are flee from war? How many are economic tourists? For germany it's too late already. Even small towns becomes no-go zones. Sharia police is active, ambulances can only enter with police guard and parcel services like DHL or UPS stopped their service in this areas.

Merkel destroys the entire EU. And she is responsible for Brexit, up-coming Italexit and the regaining strength of right wing party's all over Europe. Yes, she is evil.

Edited by alocacoc

• 2 months later...