Ignoring a 90 days report

What's the worst consequence of ignoring a 90 days report?

Who if one was not to report for a year, two, ever? How and when would one hit in trouble and what kind of trouble?

Of course as a law abiding citizen I'm asking purely theoretically, out of scientific curiosity. 

3 minutes ago, pattayalover said:

what happen if you change of region? can I live where I want in Thailand or should I stay near the local immigration office?

You can only do 90 day reports to the office where you obtained your extension unless you formally change your address.

You could do your 90 day reports online or by mail to immigration if you wanted to stay at different locations than your permanent one.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only do 90 day reports to the office where you obtained your extension unless you formally change your address.

I guess you mean in the same province.

I get my extension in Hua Hin and make the 90 days reports in Dansing Khon...

:wink:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jedsada3 said:

I guess you mean in the same province.

I get my extension in Hua Hin and make the 90 days reports in Dansing Khon...

:wink:

That is a case of an office within the same province acting as a sub office to accept the reports. There are other cases where some offices that are not full service offices can accept reports from those whose extensions were done at another office.

In other provinces where there are more than one office it cannot be done.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The max fine for not doing 90 reports is 5000 baht and 200 baht a day until the requirement is complied with.

A person would be caught for not reporting when the went to do their annual extension application or possibley a re-entry permit application. Any contact with an immigration office would be risky.

Of course if you had a non O-A, PE (Thai Elite), etc ME visa that allows 1 year permission to stay upon each entry, you could theoretically just do a border run when your permission to stay expires (or right before your visa expires).  An exit and fresh entry puts you on a new permission to stay and should reset the 90 day reporting countdown.  I think Elite visa also comes with free 90 day reporting anyway.

You would only need to go to local immigration if a re-entry permit is needed....not sure if a re-entry permit can be done at any immigration office....including at some int'l airports also.

18 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Of course with the advent of online 90 reporting, for many of us, the procedure is pretty painless, I did mine this morning and the approval was received an hour or so ago.
I am aware that some offices don't offer this service.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Agreed to an extent.   Obviously this is all theoretical.   BTW, can you still just mail in your 90 day report?

39 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Of course if you had a non O-A, PE (Thai Elite), etc ME visa that allows 1 year permission to stay upon each entry, you could theoretically just do a border run when your permission to stay expires (or right before your visa expires).  An exit and fresh entry puts you on a new permission to stay and should reset the 90 day reporting countdown.  I think Elite visa also comes with free 90 day reporting anyway.

You would only need to go to local immigration if a re-entry permit is needed....not sure if a re-entry permit can be done at any immigration office....including at some int'l airports also.

Agreed to an extent.   Obviously this is all theoretical.   BTW, can you still just mail in your 90 day report?

Anybody that can stay in the country longer than consecutive 90 days in the country needs to do a report. If you leave on or before the 90th day a report is not due.

Thai Elite can do the report for a member but they have to take their passport to their office to have them do it.

I was just using a re-entry permit as an example. If on an extension you have to apply for one at the office where you got it or it can be obtained at an airport on departure from the country. Another example would be needing a certificate of residence to get a drivers license and etc. Chaeng Wattana immigration will not do one unless 90 day reports are being done there.

I don't understand why the concern about  needing to do them. Been doing them for over 8 years now.

I cannot do online 90 day reports because I have an old entry to the country and a new passport since then. Just did my 90 day report by mail last week for the 5th time in a row. Mailed (EMS) on Monday, received on Tuesday, processed on Wednesday,  mailed back to me and received on Thursday by EMS. Total cost 77 baht.

• Like 2

@4evermaat I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you agree to an extent, when you quoted and answered my post, or indeed that it's "all theoretical".

The fact remains that many of us are able to do 90 day reports online, and as I said I did so yesterday and it was done and dusted in a couple of hours. I did add the caveat that this service is available to many of us and that not all offices offer this service.

Of course the mail in service is still available, again at most offices, but for me a couple of minutes on reporting via the internet sure beats a walk to the Post Office.  

• Like 1

Joe, if I permanently change my address within the same changwat, do I need to submit a TM28 or is that only needed if I move to another changwat?

Edited by laislica

14 minutes ago, laislica said:

Joe, if I permanently change my address within the same changwat, do I need to submit a TM28 or is that only needed if I move to another changwat?

You need to notify any change of address by submitting a TM28 to the local immigration office.

• Like 1