Britain battered by winter storms

webfact

11 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Try the north of England

Oldham and the surrounding towns used to be the industrialized areas of Lancashire,now those days are sadly gone,to describe the same areas now the term "ghettos" is more appropriate :sad:

Luckily I,ve escaped :thumbsup:

On 11/23/2016 at 5:55 PM, Grouse said:

It's not all bad

Pints of Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter at 84 TBT (1.90) and roasting my arse in front of a proper Yorkshire coal fire. Grand!

How much is the Sam Smith's dark mild these days Grouse?

Nearly five years ago I used to drink it in Deptford at 1.85 a pint. Very very cheap.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Wishing you could leave there for good.

Only because my family is here, otherwise the UK continues to provide well for us. UK has been good to me over the years and I have no reason to depart until all is in place and I am fully ready to do so.

I still have many friends and family in the UK, most are doing very nicely thank you, I get to miss some of the winter months by visiting my home in Thailand so the UK is not really too bad for me weather wise.

In short....life is good :smile:

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Only because my family is here, otherwise the UK continues to provide well for us. UK has been good to me over the years and I have no reason to depart until all is in place and I am fully ready to do so.

I still have many friends and family in the UK, most are doing very nicely thank you, I get to miss some of the winter months by visiting my home in Thailand so the UK is not really too bad for me weather wise.

In short....life is good :smile:

Yes, I'm sad I missed storm Angus, sweating it out here.

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yes, I'm sad I missed storm Angus, sweating it out here.

Well there is good and bad everywhere it is not all good news here is it? In my location the late rains have made this a bumper year for mosquitoes, some of my Thai friends are complaining they cannot watch TV at night they must retire early under the mosquito net!!

On 23/11/2016 at 9:46 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

Tameside and Oldham are hardly in the north of Britain.

Of course they are - they're past Gloucester. Everyone knows it gets dark early once you get past Gloucester......

And if you turn left there you end up in Wales! Strange place that , rains a lot and all the blokes gang up and sing at you.

Anyway they're definitely up near Scotland somewhere! 

:smile:

This post of course was made from the perspective of Somerset, the county which has everything : a mountain (Dunkerry Beacon), flatlands ( The Levels), an ancient city (Bath), a modern metropolis ( Taunton) and the place that time forgot (Bridgewater). Not to forget really good cider and cheese.......

Edited by JAG