OAG agrees to prosecute Phra Dhammachayo

webfact

OAG now begins to prosecute Phra Dhammachayo

oag.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Attorney-General has agreed to prosecute Phra Dhammachayo, abbot of Dhammakaya temple, and four other executives of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative after gaining substantial evidence to pursue legal action against them in court.

The OAG named the first defendant in the case as Mr Supachai Srisupa-aksorn, who is now serving a jail term for embezzlement, channelled massive sums to the temple, its abbot Phra Dhammachayo, and related monks or foundations.

Dhammachayo was named the second defendant.

The third, fourth and fifth defendants are Ms Saranya Manmat, Mrs Thongpin Kunlom, and Ms Sasithorn Chokprasit.

According to OAG, Supachai, Ms Saranya and Ms Thongpin face conspiracy in money laundering, and cooperation in money laundering.

Supachai is now facing jail term at a prison for embezzlement, while Ms Saranya and Ms Thongpin are under the custody of the Department of Special Investigation.

For Dhammachayo, and Ms Sasithorn, they are facing money laundering conspiracy, and reveiving ill-gotten gains.

The OAG also asked the director-general of the DSI to bring Phra Dhammachayo to the office so that legal action could be pursued against him in the court within the time frame of the statue of limitations which specifies a period of 15 years.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-23

Now the small matter of locating him,  arresting and having him  appeari in court.

I could be very wrong about this but I don't think the abbot or his followers will be in any rush to co-operate.   :biggrin:

Another long drawn out saga in the making ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Now the small matter of locating him,  arresting and having him  appeari in court.

I could be very wrong about this but I don't think the abbot or his followers will be in any rush to co-operate.   :biggrin:

Another long drawn out saga in the making ?

Easy fixed, if there is a willingness to do so. An Army battalion or brigade to protect the DSI officers whose sole job is to arrest and transport away Dhammachayo. And no kowtowing either!

And if Dhammachayo is innocent he should welcome his appearance in court to argue his case? His continued evasion smacks of some guilt.

On 23/11/2016 at 5:31 AM, ratcatcher said:

romans.jpgdamma.jpg

Every time I see his photos I have this strange feeling. I have never met him I have never seen him in person, yet when I see his photos I have this strange negative feeling, yes very negative feeling. I refrain from saying what these negative feelings are because it would be wrong to do so.

What do these negative feelings mean? I wonder. I am not psychic or anything like that.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Halleluiah.... now that it's out of the way, let's us all see if justice is indeed

equal for all......

Justice does not exist in Thailand. You know that.

Example:

PM Prayut gives himself amnesty before he hands out money to rice farmers.

Judging by the number of your posts you should know better than anyone about Thai justice.

In a slightly tangential direction , is it just me who gets annoyed by all the acronyms that are used by the newspapers and government offices ?

DSI (Dept. of Investigation) , KCUC (Klongchan Credit Union Corp) OAG (Office of Attorney General) just to name a few. Modern word processors will insert the full and intelligible word automatically so why use so much Babble that makes reading news more complicated than necessary?  

And on a lighter note ... here are some examples of further nonsensical fun in the same vein:

A.D.I.D.A.S. = All Day I Dream About Soccer 

B.M.W. = Big Money Waster 

C.S.I. = Cannot Stop Investigating 
D.I.E.T. = Do I Eat Today? 
P.O.R.S.C.H.E. = Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything 
S.T.R.E.S.S = Shit To Remember Every Single Second 

W.I.F.E. = Washing, Ironing, Feeding, Etc. 

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/funnyacronyms.html

6 hours ago, kentrot said:

In a slightly tangential direction , is it just me who gets annoyed by all the acronyms that are used by the newspapers and government offices ?

DSI (Dept. of Investigation) , KCUC (Klongchan Credit Union Corp) OAG (Office of Attorney General) just to name a few. Modern word processors will insert the full and intelligible word automatically so why use so much Babble that makes reading news more complicated than necessary?  

And on a lighter note ... here are some examples of further nonsensical fun in the same vein:

A.D.I.D.A.S. = All Day I Dream About Soccer 

B.M.W. = Big Money Waster 

C.S.I. = Cannot Stop Investigating 
D.I.E.T. = Do I Eat Today? 
P.O.R.S.C.H.E. = Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything 
S.T.R.E.S.S = Shit To Remember Every Single Second 

W.I.F.E. = Washing, Ironing, Feeding, Etc. 

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/funnyacronyms.html

W.I.F.E.   Feeding? Are you sure?  :whistling:  :smile: