Geckos

JIMMY56

I think JIMMY56 (his upper case not mine) and tifino are kindred spirits.

Another possible solution is to relocate (back?) to Huddersfield. I will think of some more in a minute.

Edited by Briggsy

a porch light, left On + a gecko

does a better job than a bug zapper

But, a good mate, 30 years ago was outside having a well earned evening nap,

and his open sleep mouth copped a couple of mating geckos who dislodged themselves from the ceiling,

& dropped in toto into mouth... :vampire:

3 hours ago, Shot said:

They eat a lot of other bugs that might infiltrate your home. I’ll take a few geckos over roaches. Yeah, their shit is annoying, but just keep on top of it and you can live in harmony with them.

Yep give me geckoes anytime over the f**king dogs round here. How can I get rid of/kill these pests whenever they get going with their barking and howling at 3:00AM? Not to mention that their shit is way more annoying than anything that emerges from a gecko's backside in any event!

Edited by OJAS

I rather like the little chaps, their occasional chirps remind me I'm at home :)

You'll never get rid of them totally but as noted earlier remove the food source (mozzies mostly) and they'll move on. Keeping your rooms cool will also discourage the beasts.

If you have problems with them making a mess in cupboards etc a few moth balls (naphthalene balls) placed in a shot glass or similar open container will do the trick and they will make their homes elsewhere.

No problem, people think its  impossible, it  aint

1 construct  house with zero entry points

2 dont  leave lights  on outside  your house put them away from your  house as jing jok likes the lights for his insects

3  go out every night with a wet towel and kill em on your walls after a  while they become  almost zero

4 problem solved

5 no insects  in my  house no jing joks or  snakes and  no my  land isnt  covered in mosquitoes

I wouldn't live without these small fellas out here. They do no harm, they catch mosquito. They shit. Well what goes in have to get out. Mean if you clean your house / condo like normal people do, you wouldn't never notice their stools.

Another talk is Tukae. If these are inside they get a slap in the ass with a broome.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

No problem, people think its  impossible, it  aint

1 construct  house with zero entry points

2 dont  leave lights  on outside  your house put them away from your  house as jing jok likes the lights for his insects

3  go out every night with a wet towel and kill em on your walls after a  while they become  almost zero

4 problem solved

5 no insects  in my  house no jing joks or  snakes and  no my  land isnt  covered in mosquitoes

Non purer than the purified  

Get one big tokay gecko to eat all the small ones.

Seriously they are great to have in yours house.  They eat all the bugs and mosquitoes.  I would rather have some geckos in the house than get bitten to death by mosquitoes.

And their poop is just small hard pellets.. easy to sweep up.  If you clean the house normally then you hardly notice the small amount of them.

54 minutes ago, opalred said:

kannot right close all entry points

board up all entry points doors windows etc

then sleep out on lawn a good nights sleep

oh  dear, doors  with proper  brush seals, upvc  windows with proper  rubber  seals no  holes anywhere = no aircon loss or waste of electric and no  bugs...........up to you but personally I dont want insects,  jing  joks ,snakes, spiders  etc  crawling over or around me as I sleep

I believe he asked how to stop them, I provided a  way, being as i  sleep in 15 rai with PIT  Viper  snakes also known as "finger  rotters" it  makes sense to me 

Edited by kannot