sterling to baht ?

prk888

Use one of the money changers on Soi Bua Khao or Beach Road. (I prefer Soi Bua Khao). They will smash the banks' rates for cash.

Probably the only places that will beat them are

i) Pratu Nam in Bangkok (long trip)

ii) Doing a straight swap with an expat who is holding baht. (hard to find)

Going to Bangkok may gain you an extra 10 satang on the £. Say a trip to Pratu Nam in Bangkok costs 3000 Baht in costs and wasted time, you would need to be changing over £30,000 in cash to make it worthwhile.

Edited by Briggsy

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yellow kiosks in Pattaya always had the best exchange rate.

Yeah, I think they are called T & T or something like that. They are very hard to beat and if they are beaten in Pattya it is only by 5 satang or 1 satang in the £. I use another kiosk that is on the chicane on Soi Bua Khao, very close to SCB. It always matches the yellow kiosks and sometimes beats them.

Just now, prk888 said:

Thanks.  Actually I've been here for yonks but had cash after missing the pre Brexit rates, as no doubt many of we non-believers did  !!!

I was a non believer but I still sent monies over Bank to Bank prior to the vote. Made sense whatever way it went.

I obtained nearly 53=£ still not great but loads better than what you can get now. Ok for another year now only hope that in that time it'll get better, cant see it though.

Not good news. But just looked and it's down a trite again today.

Edited by fredob43

I like VASU on Soi 7.1 Sukhumvit ............. not the Van but the Bank.............go in  the morning  -  be prepared to explain where you got it, they have been cracking down on Gamblers and people who smuggle more than the allotted amount into country.

OOPS just saw poster wanted Pattaya, oh well, if in Bangkok - go to Soi 7.1.

Edited by TunnelRat69
wrong city