ATTA  says visa fee waiver is a timely measure

webfact

21 hours ago, oldgent said:

I am all for it if it brings in stunning looking girls like the two in the photo

555, surely by stunning you mean:

causing, capable of causing, or liable to cause astonishment, bewilderment, or a loss of consciousness or strength:
a stunning blow.

I would be bewildered at how 2 cows can walk on 2 legs... beauty is in the eye of the beholder as is the inverse.

On 11/24/2016 at 8:54 PM, Thechook said:

But these girls arent comming to thailand for retired farangs

You're right, judging by recent observations they are coming to compete with retired farangs to get the attention of younger Thai ladies in the gogo bars.. I noticed a ramp up in Aussie and British ladies in the go go bars trying to pay bar fines compared to previous nights out (I am not resident, but have been visiting Thailand for 12 years now).

Edited by TheGhostWithin

if each tourist is indeed bringing 80K+ into the economy and reducing fees increases tourist number.. why bother with visa fees at all? makes more sense (and far more profitable) to scrap the fees and recoup the losses from the additional tax revenue :thumbsup:

Edited by GeorgeCross

On 11/24/2016 at 1:01 PM, The Old Bull said:

I wonder if Laos will ever do the same .I live near the border and would enjoy going over for the odd supper if I didn't get clipped 35 bucks each time.

Id enjoy border jumping for 46 dollar bottle of grey goose, if not for the 35 buck fee!

bugger the food... it's the same as here

but not the goose.