Barriers erected to halt vendors at Patong Beach

snoop1130

Barriers erected to halt vendors at Patong Beach

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_2016112416050648_HChnxfLtRGJUVJendcOyH

PHUKET:-- About 15 stall holders at Loma Park on Patong Beach pleaded with the governor of Phuket to ask for help after Patong Municipality yesterday cordoned off the area with metal fences in an effort to oust the vendors.

The move follows an ‘inconclusive’ meeting between the vendors and Phuket officials on November 1 (story here), during which the vendors were reminded that their rental contracts had expired and that they were in breach of the central government's beach management policy. 

This afternoon’s meeting at Provincial Hall was no different. Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan and the vendors could not reach a conclusion on the spot.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Barriers-erected-halt-vendors-Patong-Beach/65905?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-11-24

Patroling and enforcing laws? You must be joking :)

I see people throwing rubbish on the side of the road, parking in the middle of the road, driving over red etc right in front of police who couldn't care less on a daily basis.

9 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Patroling and enforcing laws? You must be joking :)

I see people throwing rubbish on the side of the road, parking in the middle of the road, driving over red etc right in front of police who couldn't care less on a daily basis.

And yet, if people throw a one inch cigarette on the ground on Sukhumvit road. the bylaw police will get you.

Result 2,000 baht fine.

Just be happy if the Thailand police  do not mess with  your tourist

vacation. At Patong beach  I was  ordered  by  a Thai thug  to pay to

park my rental motorbike, or  he would slash my tires.  If these

vendors  are  mad  now, they  should  have thought of being legally

at the beach.  Love the new  fence  by  the  way.

Geezer

Imagine if the Police actually did their job of enforcement? 

We could actually walk on the sidewalks instead of having huge planters that take up all the space. No planters then will have vendors for sure.

Traffic would move much easier on most sideroads as the extortion taxi's wouldn't be taking up 2/3 of the road.

Just fire the police and start over already. Most times criminals are expected to turn themselves in so what is the point of the police? Admin?