Bad Romance: Love scam gang arrested

snoop1130

Bad Romance: Love scam gang arrested

By Coconuts Bangkok

suspects_4.jpg

Photo: Channel 8 News

Another day, another love scam. Bangkok police have taken three Thai women and two Nigerian men into custody for suspicion of running an online love scam on Thai women looking for foreign husbands.

The gang has allegedly stolen THB50 million via online ploys on the hapless lovelorn women.

Okwutor Peter, 29, and Jeremiah Ndidi, 27 are the two Nigerian men involved in the scheme. They landed in Thailand in 2014 and were in the country on overstayed tourist visas, Provincial Police Region 4 chief Pol. Maj. Gen. Jatupon Parnraksa said yesterday.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/11/25/bad-romance-love-scam-gang-arrested

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-11-25

Stolen? Like in a bank robbery? I thought all money was provided voluntarily. Might be the same group who targeted my ex gf who went to the airport to meet her suitor but instead came home empty handed. Got a text in the morning that he was arrested in jail in Malaysia because he had too much money in his possession. If she could be so nice to transfer 20,000 baht. Their facebook acccount was setup as it was from an Englishman wanting to open a hotel in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

Got a text in the morning that he was arrested in jail in Malaysia because he had too much money in his possession. If she could be so nice to transfer 20,000 baht. Their facebook acccount was setup as it was from an Englishman wanting to open a hotel in Thailand.

So what happened after she sent the money?  She did send it, right?

So what happened after she sent the money?  She did send it, right?

No. I told her about a possible scheme but she still left for the airport. After coming back she realized she was duped with a confirmation in the form of an email in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

No No No not ok for foreign man to scam Thai women but ok for thai women to scam farangs :P:ph34r:

Well if a foreign monger wants to kid himself that his bar girl is different.

It is truly amazing how many farangs buy prostitutes houses etc in this country. I have never heard of people buying a hooker a house back in Oz.

But more of my mates have lost  a lot more money to non hooker wives in australia. 

These nigerians are rampant. Three girls i know have been approached by these guys. The first one i spoke to on the phone, he was claiming to be from scotland, but couldnt pull off a scottish accent

.i had some fun withhim though. I promised we were sending the money. Then the girl called the cops.

16 hours ago, NickJ said:

Hmm.....no more Nigerians allowed into the country.  I mean  honestly,  there ain't many babies in the bathwater.  Sad but reality.

Funny you should mention that my mind keeps profiling whenever I set eyes on a black man. Guess there must be some good apples in the rotten barrel. Its the reaching into the barrel that turns me off.

I do wonder how the masses of Nigerian drug dealers and prostitutes on lower Sukhumvit go unchecked. There are more of them every year. There was a temporary purge earlier this year but there are more of them than ever now.

It's not as if the BIB are opposed to racial profiling, or sticklers for due process. I'm sure they could end this if they wanted to.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Okwutor Peter, 29, and Jeremiah Ndidi, 27 are the two Nigerian men involved in the scheme.

I don't want to be racist if they are not practicing racism against me, but why it is so whenever someone says Nigeria the word recalls cheating, scam, and monkey business.

Otherwise, there are some countries exporting teachers with fake diplomas  to Thailand 55555

58 minutes ago, itsuptome said:

I do wonder how the masses of Nigerian drug dealers and prostitutes on lower Sukhumvit go unchecked. There are more of them every year. There was a temporary purge earlier this year but there are more of them than ever now.

It's not as if the BIB are opposed to racial profiling, or sticklers for due process. I'm sure they could end this if they wanted to.

I have a feeling the key lies somewhere else......As in many cases in the Big Brother country pimps and pushers pay tax...... to the police

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Often people will believe in someone simply because they want it to be true. Kind of like a cushty afterlife or heaven, etc. 

It's the same with all these amazingly paid jobs overseas and earn quick money scams isn't it ?

As said so many times on the forum the idea if something's too good to be true it usually is just doesn't apply.

2 hours ago, longtom said:

What's romance got to do with it? Both sides are into it for the money.:coffee1:

Do you really think that romance comes without a price. As I look back each romantic encounter had a cost both financial and mental. If I had not fallen in love so many times over the years I would now be a millionaire but then what does a million bucks buy you anymore??

38 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Do you really think that romance comes without a price. As I look back each romantic encounter had a cost both financial and mental. If I had not fallen in love so many times over the years I would now be a millionaire but then what does a million bucks buy you anymore??

You're still much better off than me then,  never married, no children and no million in sight. :thumbsup:

Just now, longtom said:

You're still much better off than me then,  never married, no children and no million in sight. :thumbsup:

Live dangerously buy a lottery ticket. They come close to a million after government taxes. They get you coming and going thats why a million is hard to achieve. Live a Christian life style no drinking or smoking or wild wild women and you will be amaze how fast it accumulates. Just don't join one of those of the wall religions where you must divulge all your worldly goods.