Any Shipping/Cargo Company recommended?

Sylvie Phang

• 6 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 5:18 PM, dddave said:

Rhenus Logistics is highly competent and professional. German owned.

www.th.rhenus.com

Had a look at that company's website. It's hard to tell whether they do individual person household moving from country to country.

It looks like they're more business and logistics/cargo oriented....

yes, the German company got back to me and said it's a business to business service. They recommended I use a Courier service such as DHL, UPS or FedEx. That seems like it'd be quite expensive. Does anyone have any ideas how to affordably ship some personal items that are cargo worthy, but not all too much?  I wonder if I need to work out a deal with a company that I can piggy back some things or if there is a cheaper way to do it.... Any suggestions?

19 hours ago, rcoyote said:

yes, the German company got back to me and said it's a business to business service.

Sorry, I didn't realize Rhenus was biz to biz only.

Try a google search "Shared container bangkok" and "shared container personal household goods"   It will give you some options you might check out.

I used to work for Pickfords in Thailand I once moved around 30 cubic feet for a customer. We used a courier for him as it was cheaper than if Pickfords had done it.

Cant remember the name of the company we used at this moment in time but it wasn't any you mentioned above.

They use yellow or orange vans and have a person name as the company name.  Dennis ? something like that.

They were pretty cheap, if you pact the stuff yourself and get them to ship it, it will go overland to Malaysia.

You could give the people at Pickfords in Bangkok a ring and I'm sure they will advise you, and pack your goods if need be.

Cheers.