At 88 days overstay on a Saturday

I think I might be in big trouble.

I went to the BOI/immigration office right next to MRT Sam Yan with the cancelation letter from the BOI office that stated I had until 30th of August to leave the country. But since I did not have the work permit book, they refuse to let me cancel my old visa. The immigration officer recommended that I leave the country, pay the overstay fine, and come back on the new non-b visa, which I was planning to do the next day. She also said I was on overstay since September 1st, and that I should come back and cancel my old visa asap.

Leaving the country they did not ask me to pay any fine. So I didn't.

Last Thursday night I came back with my new non-b visa. The immigration officer asked me why I had two valid visas. I told him to use the new one, and he wrote something in Thai in my passport and had me sign my name next to it. I later ask my girlfriend, and the note said something like: "The person refused to use his old visa".

So I think today is 88 days overstay and immigration is closed. And by Monday I will be on 90 days overstay.

1. Am I in big trouble? And if so what should I do?

2. Will I get a 1 year ban? And if so, will they deport me immediately? Or will the ban come into effect the day I voluntarily leave the country?

3. Can I still get a work permit even though I'm on the ban list?

It seems the extension was still valid when you left the country and apparently you had a valid re-entry permit when you entered the country.

The note the immigration office made was just to confirm you did not want to use the still valid re-entry permit.

You are not on an overstay now.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Down the track they may do a "history check" so just have the monies available.

If he had a still valid extension and re-entry permit at the time he left the country and a new valid visa when he returned there would be nothing in his history that would present a problem.

You have no problem aince you offered the correct visa that you wanted to use.

The officer just wrote down what you told and let you sign your statement.

Know people who had 2 valid multiple entree visa different type and have not problems. only sign on which theyy enter the country next to the entre stamp.

Just came back from the BOI/immigration office. They finally cancelled my visa/re-entry permit. But they made me pay 20 000 in overstay fee :(

I was under the impression that as long as I leave the country after my last company reported me as unemployed to the BOI office, I could come in on the same re-entry permit. But apparently that is not the case.

Edited by narak34