Newly built Mosque 5am prayers driving crazy

Beachbummer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

Buddism isnt considered RELIGION nor does it involve any good. Just BTW....,

"God" ?........... yes but theres  plenty of  "other "  nonsense in there, they have a "hell"

As for it  not being a religion??????

Edited by kannot

9 minutes ago, kannot said:

"God" ?........... yes but theres  plenty of  "other "  nonsense in there, they have a "hell"

As for it  not being a religion??????

Not per definition....Maybe we should distinct between what people believe is Buddism ,especially here in LOS instead what it really is according to Buddhas words...

It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being."

Buddhism does not demand blind faith from its adherents. Here mere belief is dethroned and is substituted by confidence based on knowledge, which, in Pali, is known as saddha. The confidence placed by a follower on the Buddha is like that of a sick person in a noted physician, or a student in his teacher. A Buddhist seeks refuge in the Buddha because it was he who discovered the path of deliverance.

A Buddhist does not seek refuge in the Buddha with the hope that he will be saved by his (i.e. the Buddha's own) personal purification. The Buddha gives no such guarantee. It is not within the power of a Buddha to wash away the impurities of others. One could neither purify nor defile another. The Buddha, as teacher, instructs us, but we ourselves are directly responsible for our purification. Although a Buddhist seeks refuge in the Buddha, he does not make any self-surrender. Nor does a Buddhist sacrifice his freedom of thought by becoming a follower of the Buddha. He can exercise his own free will and develop his knowledge even to the extent of becoming a Buddha himself.

The starting point of Buddhism is reasoning or understanding, or, in the Pali words, samma-ditthi.

To the seekers of truth the Buddha says:

"Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., by believing what others say without any investigation). Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable -- (i.e., thinking that as the speaker seems to be a good person his words should be accepted). Do not accept anything thinking that the ascetic is respected by us (therefore it is right to accept his word).

"But when you know for yourselves -- these things are immoral, these things are blameworthy, these things are censured by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken conduce to ruin and sorrow -- then indeed do you reject them.

"When you know for yourselves -- these things are moral, these things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and happiness -- then do you live acting accordingly."

These inspiring words of the Buddha still retain their original force and freshness.

Though there is no blind faith, one might argue whether there is no worshippnutshell03.htming of images etc., in Buddhism.

Buddhists do not worship an image expecting worldly or spiritual favors, but pay their reverence to what it represents.
An understanding Buddhist, in offering flowers and incense to an image, designedly makes himself feel that he is in the presence of the living Buddha and thereby gains inspiration from his noble personality and breathes deep his boundless compassion. He tries to follow the Buddha's noble example.

The Bo-tree is also a symbol of Enlightenment. These external objects of reverence are not absolutely necessary, but they are useful as they tend to concentrate one's attention. An intellectual person could dispense with them as he could easily focus his attention and visualize the Buddha. For our own good, and out of gratitude, we pay such external respect but what the Buddha expects from his disciple is not so much obeisance as the actual observance of his Teachings. The Buddha says -- "He honors me best who practices my teaching best." "He who sees the Dhamma sees me."

Edited by thetruth revealer

13 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

Not per definition....Maybe we should distinct between what people believe is Buddism ,especially here in LOS instead what it really is according to Buddhas words...

It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being."

Buddhism does not demand blind faith from its adherents. Here mere belief is dethroned and is substituted by confidence based on knowledge, which, in Pali, is known as saddha. The confidence placed by a follower on the Buddha is like that of a sick person in a noted physician, or a student in his teacher. A Buddhist seeks refuge in the Buddha because it was he who discovered the path of deliverance.

A Buddhist does not seek refuge in the Buddha with the hope that he will be saved by his (i.e. the Buddha's own) personal purification. The Buddha gives no such guarantee. It is not within the power of a Buddha to wash away the impurities of others. One could neither purify nor defile another. The Buddha, as teacher, instructs us, but we ourselves are directly responsible for our purification. Although a Buddhist seeks refuge in the Buddha, he does not make any self-surrender. Nor does a Buddhist sacrifice his freedom of thought by becoming a follower of the Buddha. He can exercise his own free will and develop his knowledge even to the extent of becoming a Buddha himself.

The starting point of Buddhism is reasoning or understanding, or, in the Pali words, samma-ditthi.

To the seekers of truth the Buddha says:

"Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., by believing what others say without any investigation). Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable -- (i.e., thinking that as the speaker seems to be a good person his words should be accepted). Do not accept anything thinking that the ascetic is respected by us (therefore it is right to accept his word).

"But when you know for yourselves -- these things are immoral, these things are blameworthy, these things are censured by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken conduce to ruin and sorrow -- then indeed do you reject them.

"When you know for yourselves -- these things are moral, these things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and happiness -- then do you live acting accordingly."

These inspiring words of the Buddha still retain their original force and freshness.

Though there is no blind faith, one might argue whether there is no worshippnutshell03.htming of images etc., in Buddhism.

Buddhists do not worship an image expecting worldly or spiritual favors, but pay their reverence to what it represents.
An understanding Buddhist, in offering flowers and incense to an image, designedly makes himself feel that he is in the presence of the living Buddha and thereby gains inspiration from his noble personality and breathes deep his boundless compassion. He tries to follow the Buddha's noble example.

The Bo-tree is also a symbol of Enlightenment. These external objects of reverence are not absolutely necessary, but they are useful as they tend to concentrate one's attention. An intellectual person could dispense with them as he could easily focus his attention and visualize the Buddha. For our own good, and out of gratitude, we pay such external respect but what the Buddha expects from his disciple is not so much obeisance as the actual observance of his Teachings. The Buddha says -- "He honors me best who practices my teaching best." "He who sees the Dhamma sees me."

debateable, and especially   in  Thailand  even  more  so

The Buddha does mention the Thirty-One realms of existence that one can be reborn in after death throughout many of his sermons, and references to supernatural beings and the other realms can even be seen in his first and most famous discourse, the Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta. These aspects of Buddhism are often times overlooked by those who advocate Buddhism as a philosophy, which is understandable since knowing details about the Brahma and Deva worlds isn’t particularly useful for most people. Whether you find it useful or not, the Buddha did mention them and such details are still parts of Buddhism

Wikipedia  states  Buddhism is an Indian religion attributed to the teachings of Buddha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

Edited by kannot

On 10/12/2016 at 8:39 AM, Alainpm said:

Most stupid comment ever. Who is this dude speaking in the name of God..  What has Islam done, through its achievements, for enhancing and spiritual condition and eradicating anger and resentment ? They just promote anger and resentment in their mosques. Their Mosques noises are just defiance and conquerance tactics,  any mentally sound person knows that.

I am not Muslim.

But who do you think you, to openly criticise another persons beliefs the way you have. 99.999% of Muslims around the world just want to to live their lives in peace and worship the way they want to and do business. 

Whether you know it or not, you are taking the 0.0001% of muslims who hold extremist views and condemning the entire Muslim faithful by this tiny minority.

Think before you post.

Edited by autanic

On 12/12/2016 at 9:22 AM, thetruth revealer said:

Buddism isnt considered RELIGION nor does it involve any good. Just BTW....,

What craziness is this statement coming from.

Ask anyone do you think Buddhism is a religion and 99.99% of people will answer 'Yes".

10 minutes ago, autanic said:

99.999% of Muslims around the world just want to to live their lives in peace and worship the way they want to and do business. 

Your made up statistic is clearly ridiculous.

43% of Moslems in the UK and 77% of Moslems in Thailand want some or all of the current laws to be replaced by Sharia - in other words, imposing Islamic law on non-Moslems.

19% of Moslems in the US believe that suicide bombing is justified.  Globally it's 28% - 364 million Muslims keen on murder.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

On 12/22/2016 at 3:13 PM, autanic said:

I am not Muslim.

But who do you think you, to openly criticise another persons beliefs the way you have. 99.999% of Muslims around the world just want to to live their lives in peace and worship the way they want to and do business. 

Whether you know it or not, you are taking the 0.0001% of muslims who hold extremist views and condemning the entire Muslim faithful by this tiny minority.

Think before you post.

I'll criticise any "religion" that insists on loudspeakers that didn't exist when it was invented, while insisting that women can't drive cars because they didn't exist when it was invented.

They can follow any teachings they like, so long as it doesn't disturb anyone else.

I agree with you about "peace" and "peace" includes quiet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 11:21 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll criticise any "religion" that insists on loudspeakers that didn't exist when it was invented, while insisting that women can't drive cars because they didn't exist when it was invented.

They can follow any teachings they like, so long as it doesn't disturb anyone else.

It is not the Religion that insists on loud speakers, these are just people like you and me. Take issue with the people.

Women not being allowed to drive cars has nothing to do with Islam. This is a law of a Country called Saudi Arabia.  Again nothing to do with Islam.

Thaibeachlovers, is there anything you have, because your points so far, don't hold water.

Like I said, I am not a Muslim, but to condemn an entire religion, based on a single law of a single Country that just happens to be Muslim is illogical.

It just so happens that in the UK, it is against law to watch a TV without a TV Licence. Should we condemn all Christians just because the UK is a Christian Country.  Absurd.

5 hours ago, autanic said:

It is not the Religion that insists on loud speakers, these are just people like you and me. Take issue with the people.

Women not being allowed to drive cars has nothing to do with Islam. This is a law of a Country called Saudi Arabia.  Again nothing to do with Islam.

These people are members of a supremacist religion which teaches hatred of all followers of other religions.  So, they simply have utter contempt for those upon whom they are imposing their cacophony.  So, it's not simply a matter of "take issue with the people", it's "take issue with the religion".

As for Saudi Arabia, all legislative power rests with the king.  The monarchy can only hold on to its (rather unpopular) rule with the support of the Islamic authorities, meaning that the laws are heavily influenced by the Salafist (i.e. extremely intolerant) version of Islam.  Saudi clerics argue that to allow female drivers would "undermine social values".  In other words, it would give women an independence which would make them less subjugated by men.  So, no, again it has something to do with Islam.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:21 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

how long does a muslim prayer call last and what's average duration of catholic church bells? what teachings are followed by the village headman who does the morning "broadcast" in rural areas? how about the disco in your neighbourhood, the stupid motorcycle driver with a modified exhaust and the sound of thunder?

:coffee1:

22 minutes ago, Naam said:

hmm... after spending half my working life in the Middle East i'm a duffer on Islam :clap2:

Possibly.  You've worked where Islam has already achieved complete dominance.  You perhaps haven't seen how it advances its agenda elsewhere.

By the way, how many churches are there in Saudi Arabia? How many Buddhist wats? How many synagogues? Hindu temples? 

And you think Islam isn't a supremacist religion?

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

So, they simply have utter contempt for those upon whom they are imposing their cacophony.  <snip>

Rubbish, it's just a call to prayer.

In the case of the OP where the mosque has been built, would be Muslim held land. The OP could contact the local Amphur, with a least 2/3 local Thais supporting his complaint. The OP would need to be courteous when enquiring at the Amphur as highly likely local Muslim heritage people working there.

Would also be a good idea to find out from the locals if the Thai government contributed funds to build the mosque before putting foot in mouth.

Edited by simple1

15 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Possibly.  You've worked where Islam has already achieved complete dominance.  You perhaps haven't seen how it advances its agenda elsewhere.

By the way, how many churches are there in Saudi Arabia? How many Buddhist wats? How many synagogues? Hindu temples? 

And you think Islam isn't a supremacist religion?

As you have an extreme dislike of Islam why on earth do you live in Thailand where Muslim Thais are fully supported by the highest institution in the land to practice their faith. Indeed the government also financially support the building and maintenance of mosques.

Edited by simple1

33 minutes ago, Oxx said:

i am countering with the stupid question "how many mosques on the Christmas Islands?" :coffee1: