How to register address with Immigration

Another thread on obtaining a Yellow Tabian Baan book (YTB) said that before starting that process at the local Amphoe office, it was necessary to have your address registered with Immigration (because the Amphoe will send the request to Immigration for confirmation of address).
The suggestion was that registration of address with Immigration was automatically accomplished when one reports for extensions of the Non-O visa.
I am in the first week of a Non-O visa, so have not yet needed to report an address for an extension.
How would I report my address to Immigration early in order to start the application for the YTB?  I am in Chiang Mai.

Thanks very much.

I'm assuming that what is meant here by registering one's address with Immigration (for the purpose of getting a YTB book) is a completely different process than obtaining a certificate of residence from Immigration for the purpose of driver's license, etc.

Correct?

Not all district offices use the same procedures. I haven't seen any reports from members that they had to submit a residence certificate from immigration with their application for the yellow house registration book.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/911296-yellow-house-book-tabian-baan/?pag

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/940583-saga-of-the-tabien-ban-yellow-book/?do=findComment&comment=11105545

What you say is completely out of reality here in Chaiyaphum. We go to amphue-office with our ID (passport containing a 1 year-VISA), bring 1 (one) thai-person that can confirm that you actually lives on that specific address, and with good luck and not too many questions, we have our tabien baan within some 20 minutes.

Sendning any paperwork to immigration is something that I never have heard about before, but many things are different in different parts of Thailand and different officials, I guess..

Glegolo

Follow-up. 

The procedure in Chiang Mai is somewhat different. 
They do require a certificate of residence from Immigration for the application for the Yellow Tabian Baan.  A residence certificate from the consulate is not accepted for this.  The process takes about 2 weeks after the paperwork is submitted.   The last step is a meeting at which statements are taken from witnesses verifying the person resides at the address.

• Like 1

In Bangkok (Klongsan) they only wanted a certified translated copy of my passport and 2 witness.. but it took about 3 hours all in all at the office till i had the book and the Pink ID card...

For address verification I had my "Chanote" and the blue book.