Weed Killer for lawn?

Manassas

Put in nice lawn this year (ya na naoi) and it is well established now. But I have patches of weeds. There are 3 predominate type of weed, all are on runners. They can cover the grass and suffocate it. I can keep it at bay with raking and hand pulling...but that's a lot of work. Is there such a thing as a weed killer that won't also kill the grass? I have used these sprays in the US, but they have to be formulated to the specific grass and weed. Is anything like this available in Thailand?

I don't think so, glyophosphate (roundup) is the weed killer most often sold here and it doesn't discriminate. From experience, using weedkillers on lwans here results in large unexpected brown patches that take a long time to grow back. FWIW we hand pull all the weeds from our lawn (malay) which is time consuming, especially where clover is concerned, but it does actually pay off the following year.

From experience in Switzerland I know that application has to be avoided when it is hot, however I got away with using Selectox Royal (containing Ioxynil, MCPP-P, MCPA, Dicamba) on very  hot days  (°C30) in the evening. I have had my ex wife send me stuff through the post that shouldn't be sent without problems. I really do recommend trying a small corner of your lawn with a rice weed killer, maybe the label will show you content as showed here, at least in part, active ingredients are written in English. Let us know!

Edited by cooked