All is forgiven after shamed Thai TV star becomes a monk

webfact

On 11/29/2559 at 0:47 PM, Eligius said:

Totally pathetic. Does this idiocy and insult to genuine spirituality never end? It's difficult to take much more of this nonsense ...

The silent majority seem to be not only dumb, but deaf also.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/30/2559 at 6:18 AM, SamuiAxe said:

Al though I am an atheist I showed respect for the monks when I came to Thailand... Gradually, over the years, I have lost respect for the men in orange, bit by bit..... Now it's down to zero... Oh, and someone should punch the snot out of Nott for hitting a man who was too afraid to defend himself.......

My thoughts exactly. It's good to know I'm not alone.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:40 PM, gdgbb said:

"The guy he beat should take civil action."

Why would he do that when there is a criminal case underway?

Oh yeah..., the police charged him with assault.  No court date, released on his own recognizance, no court date set (that I'm aware of or have seen in the news), and now he's a monk.  

A civil action will hold their feet to the fire but right now it appears law enforcement are dangling their tootsies in the pool on roof above their billiard tables. 

1 hour ago, AlphMichaels said:

Oh yeah..., the police charged him with assault.  No court date, released on his own recognizance, no court date set (that I'm aware of or have seen in the news), and now he's a monk.  

Yes, as you confirm, there is a criminal case in process.  I think he was bailed, wasn't he? 

Well.. My Thai partner who was upset when she first showed me the video just called me "heartless" and explained "he is very sorry. His friends said so. We are Budish and have to forgive him. We don't want him to commit suicide."  (Because clearly he's so distraught over his actions; right?)

I told her that the timing of his monkhood is suspicious as to the the timing of his misdeeds. I said, I think he's pretending so Thai's would forgive him and he's only sorry because he lost his job and it was caught on video and went viral. 

I'm talking to a wall. If all Thai's can forgive him as easily as my partner, well then. His scam worked beautifully!

I think it's naive for her to believe this charade, but hey.. It allows me to see the sociology behind Thai thinking. 

On 11/29/2016 at 2:31 PM, bark said:

But the Thai people will forgive him. And he will get his TV show and endorsements. 

But the guy he punched 4 times, get nothing.

TIT

I wondered why the guy didn't punch him back?

16 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Yes, as you confirm, there is a criminal case in process.  I think he was bailed, wasn't he? 

I guess. News feeds are so ambiguous on procedure.  May never know the true outcome but I'm guessing police charges will be dropped in lieu of civil action. 

This fray (no pun intended) will eventually come down to all charges dropped and any civil action along with it.  I do find it interesting that in past similar/dissimilar cases, more often than not, we see the high profile defendants (& media trail following) flowing into police stations, not courts for "prosecution" events.  Almost like a small claims court situation.    

Well at least he had to shave his head. Got fired.Got cut down a few notches.....hopefully had to Chuck out a few baht. All we can do is hope he learned something.

This becoming a monk thing does look like a giant surreal public whitewashing of an unpleasant event. But it's also a weak walk of shame. Or at least I would hope.

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 0:17 AM, seadigital said:

Well.. My Thai partner who was upset when she first showed me the video just called me "heartless" and explained "he is very sorry. His friends said so. We are Budish and have to forgive him. We don't want him to commit suicide."  (Because clearly he's so distraught over his actions; right?)

I told her that the timing of his monkhood is suspicious as to the the timing of his misdeeds. I said, I think he's pretending so Thai's would forgive him and he's only sorry because he lost his job and it was caught on video and went viral.

I'm talking to a wall. If all Thai's can forgive him as easily as my partner, well then. His scam worked beautifully!

I think it's naive for her to believe this charade, but hey.. It allows me to see the sociology behind Thai thinking.

It is due to lack of critical thinking, brought about by a lack of a good education.  This is the way the Thai elites want it as it keeps the peons in line.

23 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Big surprise, since Buddhism in Thailand is full of pedophiles, rapists, thieves and murders.

Hypocrites, one and all.

I think the only ones that beat them are the Catholics first Hare Krsnas