All is forgiven after shamed Thai TV star becomes a monk

webfact

All is forgiven after shamed Thai TV star becomes a monk

p2.jpg

Picture: Thairath

"Nott Graap Rot" respects everyone except his victim as he becomes "Monk Nott"

CHIANG RAI: -- The celebrity actor and presenter at the center of the case where he was caught on video making a motorcycle rider kowtow to his Mini has predictably become a monk for a while.

On Sunday he was pictured on a couple of Instagram sites of his celebrity friends having his head shaved and doing some "graaping" (kowtowing) of his own, reports Thairath.

But it was not to the man who he humiliated and assaulted. Nott - otherwise known as Akkranat Ariyaritwikun - just paid the ultimate respect to his own mother and father before he took on the saffron robes.

The ceremony was held at a Buddhist retreat in Chiang Rai.

He will now be referred to as "Phra Nott" or Monk Nott.

The actor and celebrity caused a storm of criticism earlier this month when he became known as "Nott Graap Rot". He was caught on tape assaulting a man who ended up with a broken nose and who was made to kowtow to his "luxury" Mini car.

Celebrity friends and fans of Nott - who was stripped of his TV jobs and various endorsements after the incident - loved the ordination and the respectful pictures to parents while no one mentioned his victim.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-29

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be grand if you can do that every time you run foul with the law of the land,

foreigners too, I don't think that there's another country on this god given earth where

you can sin and by joining a sect or a cult, all is forgiven....

4 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Totally pathetic. Does this idiocy and insult to genuine spirituality never end? It's difficult to take much more of this nonsense ...

The obvious answer to your question (even if it was rhetorical) is "No".....

Still a <deleted>waffle.  I might reconsider if he's still in saffron robes ten years from now.  Like that will happen.  He'll be back begging for his old job or asking for another in 30 days.  

If his parents believe this act absolves him of his tort, shame on them.  The guy he beat should take civil action.  Thought he did.  Maybe not.  

24 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Another scumbag running to the monkhood when all eyes are on him. Give it a few weeks and it'll all be forgotten about and Hey Presto, off with the orange robes!!

But he will not be back on that TV-show , he was sacked, remember?   

Maybe he can start his own channel after the blessings. 

Reminds me of when I'm at school and a kid does something naughty. Let's say the kid is running in the hallway and bumps into a teacher. The kid is usually called back and is made to wye the teacher and say sorry. Once the kid is round the corner he's running again. When a kid bumps into me, he does the crappy quick half wye thinking that he's been absolved. Sometimes I'll make him wait in my class 5 mins so he's late for his next class. Sometimes I'll just make him or her stand there for 5 mins, etc. Point is - with me there are consequences for your actions. Kids don't try it on. With the Thai teachers they're often simply allowed to wye or they're also beaten with a stick. Very lazy and zero consistency. 

Derogatory Posts Removed

Forum Rule - 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Any other attacks on the Buddhist religion will earn you a Holiday.

49 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Another scumbag running to the monkhood when all eyes are on him. Give it a few weeks and it'll all be forgotten about and Hey Presto, off with the orange robes!!

But the Thai people will forgive him. And he will get his TV show and endorsements. 

But the guy he punched 4 times, get nothing.

TIT

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Wouldn't be grand if you can do that every time you run foul with the law of the land,

foreigners too, I don't think that there's another country on this god given earth where

you can sin and by joining a sect or a cult, all is forgiven....

,well it is pretty much expected in my homeland that politicians cought fiddling with children find Jesus almost instantly,  men of the cloth can anticipate instantaneous 'forgiveness' and run of the mill felons need  a week or two in the slammer before they find the lord.  

33 minutes ago, AlphMichaels said:

If his parents believe this act absolves him of his tort, shame on them.  The guy he beat should take civil action.  Thought he did.  Maybe not.  

"The guy he beat should take civil action."

Why would he do that when there is a criminal case underway?

Phra Nott's entering the monkhood is not necessarily a simple publicity stunt.  Monks have few (or no) possessions; they aren't allowed to even touch money, let alone possess cash or assets.  This devout act of joining a monastery might have implications for any legal actions for compensation taken by his assault victim.  Can the  victim get blood out of a stone?

29 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Reminds me of when I'm at school and a kid does something naughty. Let's say the kid is running in the hallway and bumps into a teacher. The kid is usually called back and is made to wye the teacher and say sorry. Once the kid is round the corner he's running again. When a kid bumps into me, he does the crappy quick half wye thinking that he's been absolved. Sometimes I'll make him wait in my class 5 mins so he's late for his next class. Sometimes I'll just make him or her stand there for 5 mins, etc. Point is - with me there are consequences for your actions. Kids don't try it on. With the Thai teachers they're often simply allowed to wye or they're also beaten with a stick. Very lazy and zero consistency. 

"...is made to wye..."

"...he does the crappy quick half wye..."

"...often simply allowed to wye..."

Jeez, you're a teacher?  Is the inability to spell also one of the consequences that your pupils suffer?

Archived