native bees

opalred

i have no experience  of bee keeping   here   i suggest  you make a suitable  new home   gather up the bees +the queen (very important)   and introduce them to their new abode

50/50 chance they will stick around  and produce the golden nectar        best of luck

in the uk i new them as very fussy/vicious  little buggers 

2 hours ago, opalred said:

its shame i have seen locals pull them out and eat larva and all-comb and bees burn

i would like to save  

as they don't sting and pollinate the garden 

cheers Allan

Asking  the misses who knows these things  ,you can collect the swam ,but they will not stay ,I think it must be the breed ,we rear a few cattle  and we are out most days cutting  forage for the cattle ,we come across swarms all the time ,also combs that have had bees  and left .

As Lamkyong  says they are  stroppy little  buggers ,and I can tell you they do  sting , and can chase you a good few  yards up the  track/road  they  must be protecting  the comb and the queen, we take some Tiger  balm  with us .

We had some bamboo flower in the garden ,and a lot a bees they to collect the pollen ,here they do not sting you ,more interested in the pollen ,than yours truly sticking  his ore in . 

On 29/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, kickstart said:

Asking  the misses who knows these things  ,you can collect the swam ,but they will not stay ,I think it must be the breed ,we rear a few cattle  and we are out most days cutting  forage for the cattle ,we come across swarms all the time ,also combs that have had bees  and left .

As Lamkyong  says they are  stroppy little  buggers ,and I can tell you they do  sting , and can chase you a good few  yards up the  track/road  they  must be protecting  the comb and the queen, we take some Tiger  balm  with us .

We had some bamboo flower in the garden ,and a lot a bees they to collect the pollen ,here they do not sting you ,more interested in the pollen ,than yours truly sticking  his ore in . 

This just goes to show that there are many different species of bees. We had a nest in the roof for years and no one ever got stung, they didn't produce honey either. The wide spread use of neonicotinoids and other pesticides seems to have eradicated many bees around here. We had a swarm land in the vegetable garden this year, I was a bit worried about that, they then moved over to the trees next door, and we get visits most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

We currently have two honey bee colony's nesting in our garden approximately each the size of a football. I have asked the local wildlife expert if it is possible to set up a hive, he thinks they would not stay.

If you have the balls I would love to know if you try to re home them.