Non O Penang.

3 minutes ago, ChumphonJoe said:

Thanks again ubonjoe, fee for non o multiple entry is 5000 thb?

In Penang, it is 750 MYR I believe. Apart from Laos, all consulates charge tor visas in local currency at a usually unfavorable exchange rate.

2 hours ago, ChumphonJoe said:

Thanks, does anybody know the procedure to take a thai car over the border?

Don't quote me but I believe the blue book is essential, car has to be paid off and not on HP etc. Owner must be the driver etc and you may have to buy local insurance for the period you are there.May be other conditions as well.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:07 AM, ChumphonJoe said:

@ B1ade
As I will have to go for multiple non o visa based on thai child to penang (avoiding local immigration office) could you give me some info on jims place agent?

Sorry just saw this. Jims is on Chulia Street, every taxi driver knows it if you are not staying near there, so its really easy to find. I gave him 7,000 baht, that included the 750 ringgit visa fee - yes paid in baht not ringgit, can do either with Jim. I gave it to him on Sunday evening so he could submit it monday morning, told me to come back tuesday at 2.30pm, which i did, queue was out the door at jims but everyone was dealt with fast and i was in a taxi back to the airport an hour later. He wanted my original bank book for the process which I got back with my passport, everything else was copies apart from bank statements printed by my bank and stamped / signed

• 2 weeks later...

Does the bank book with 400K need to be updated with current date ? As mine is in a fixed deposit not sure if that is possible unless I make a deposit I suppose.

If passport expires October 2018 what would be the last month I could go and apply for a  multiple Non O  on current passport ?

Thanks

Edited by likewise

On 6/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, ChumphonJoe said:

Thanks, does anybody know the procedure to take a thai car over the border?

Drove my Pick Up over the border at Sadao but did'nt stay in Malaysia just turned around & came back,But as far as I Remember NO Problems.....But then again that was 20 Years Ago....

2 hours ago, likewise said:

Does the bank book with 400K need to be updated with current date ? As mine is in a fixed deposit not sure if that is possible unless I make a deposit I suppose.

If passport expires October 2018 what would be the last month I could go and apply for a  multiple Non O  on current passport ?

Thanks

It is possible at most banks for them to do a forced update of the bank book even though there was no activity on the account.

Not sure if Penang wants one year or 18 months left on the passport. The official rule is 18 months.

On 5/25/2017 at 0:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

No

For a single entry non-o it is 200k baht. For a multiple entry it is 400k baht and/or proof of income.

Any source for this information, please? Or recent experience from others.

I'm planning to apply for a single entry non-o for visiting the spouse. There used to be no proof of income requirement, though the last time I applied was a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2017 at 9:12 PM, RloLigor said:

Any source for this information, please? Or recent experience from others.

I'm planning to apply for a single entry non-o for visiting the spouse. There used to be no proof of income requirement, though the last time I applied was a few years ago.

Just reporting my experience. I applied for the (above) visa this week and it was granted. I didn't provide any financial proof and they didn't ask for any.

• 8 months later...

Hello, I need to get a 1 year Multiple Entry NON-O visa (marriage) and would appreciate an update re: is it still 400k and how long does it need to mature in account before applying for visa... thanks for any helpful comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

19 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Hello, I need to get a 1 year Multiple Entry NON-O visa (marriage) and would appreciate an update re: is it still 400k and how long does it need to mature in account before applying for visa... thanks for any helpful comments.

Still 400k baht.

There is no requirement to have it in the bank for any amount of time.

• 8 months later...
On 5/25/2017 at 12:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

No

For a single entry non-o it is 200k baht. For a multiple entry it is 400k baht and/or proof of income.

Is the requirement still 200k for a single entry? Can only find up-to-date info regarding multi entry.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you.

Im applying based on marriage, do they need the original tabien Baan, or just a signed copy of first page and wifes page?

Also, do I need to bring info regarding our kids (birthcertificate, tabien baan etc), or that wont matter?

And finally, will they still accept proof of funds, as a combination between my Thai bank and bank statement from my native country?

Sorry for the questions, tried calling the consulate today to make sure I had all the right paperwork, but couldnt get through.

15 minutes ago, Beck1976 said:

Im applying based on marriage, do they need the original tabien Baan, or just a signed copy of first page and wifes page?

Also, do I need to bring info regarding our kids (birthcertificate, tabien baan etc), or that wont matter?

And finally, will they still accept proof of funds, as a combination between my Thai bank and bank statement from my native country?

You only need a copies of the tambien ban. No need for your children's birth certificates or tambien ban registries.

Yes you can use your Thai bank and a foreign bank statement to prove you have the money in the bank.

The consulate was closed today.

8 hours ago, onlycw said:

Avoid Penang!! Kota Bharu is the consulate to go to... 

Regarding foreign exchange (forex), some folks mistake the different exchange rate calculations in TH vs MALAYSIA ???? =.788 vs 12.68 555

Last time in Kota Bahru I had to show a bank balance of min 200.000 THB to get my single entry Non 0 visa.