Utapo Airport to Pattaya

hackjam

I think 45 mins. is a bit short. I live Bang Saray. Takes me 35-40 mins. to Jomtien. on my motorbike, longer by car as can't nip in and out between the cars (I'm not Thai). Driving in the opposite direction towards U-Tapow it takes me about the same length of time to reach the airport (I'm usually going to the beautiful Nang Ram beach). 

From the airport it is quite easy to get a minivan, i believe 250 baht, there are fewer minivan services going the other way. I hink the average taxi fare is about 800 baht. If you are flying with Air Asia they may do an add on to flight transfer to the centre which is very reasonable.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I think 45 mins. is a bit short. I live Bang Saray. Takes me 35-40 mins. to Jomtien. on my motorbike, longer by car as can't nip in and out between the cars (I'm not Thai). Driving in the opposite direction towards U-Tapow it takes me about the same length of time to reach the airport (I'm usually going to the beautiful Nang Ram beach). 

38 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

Capture321.JPG

I use the google maps recomended route, and live in Jomtien, maybe a little longer if you are further into Pattaya depending on the time of day. Hope that helps.

cheers

There'e mini bus from Utapao to Pattaya 200-250b one way  no need for taxi provided your flight is in the morning or mid afternoon

5 hours ago, jay1980 said:

Capture321.JPG

I use the google maps recomended route, and live in Jomtien, maybe a little longer if you are further into Pattaya depending on the time of day. Hope that helps.

cheers

That adds up to about 45 kilos an hour, is it really that slow.

-Just a thought, you would think it would be cheaper to take a taxi or van (bus???) to Utapo "International" & Pattaya than to and from Bangkok. Doesn't look like it. Question: how does one get to Utapo from pattaya (I would not want to pay the high prices the Pattaya taxis charge.)

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I am flying out of Utapao next month and parking my car for a few days. Can i check the latest position from anyone parking there recently. Are there plenty of spaces, what is the daily parking fee now?

I have parked there for a few days several times, never had a problem getting a space, there are some limited covered spaces but they fill up first.

Cannot remember how much the daily parking rate was, I think around 50 baht a day but don't quote me on that.

hope that helps.

5 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Just as an indication of what a rip-off 1000- or 2000Baht fares U-Tapao - Pattaya are, we pay about 1700Baht, sometimes less, for a decent taxi from Banchang to Suvarnabhumi - and the driver pays the m-way tolls.

i was going to say 1000 baht from U-tapao to Jomtein is expensive, i pay 1450 baht from kilosip to suvarnabhumi, for a nice camry

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Just a heads up on car parking charges at Utapao. When i last checked on the net they were quoted as 70 baht a day. I've just parked there for 6 days and was charged 140 baht a day, 100% increase !!

Double the amount of terminals = double the parking fee:tongue: