Cop doesn't fine helmet-less kids - but draws praise from Thai public for giving them "the runaround"!

snoop1130

1 hour ago, anthobkk said:

Yes I do exactly the same when friends sit in my car and don't want to wear a seat belt because it is not "comfortable". Hit hard on the brake at 5 kmh and they will put it right after.

I do the same with my wife in he car, pretend to almost hit something and she quickly puts the belt on. 

3 hours ago, adhd said:

if they don't have money to pay the fine

how do they pay for gas ?

running around teaching them a lesson ?????

only in thailand and some other banana republics

"how do they pay for gas" ? The parents will have made sure there was sufficient gas in the tank before they handed the child the motorbike keys.

16 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Grooming, establishing order following behaviour + voyeurism.

He should do his job,

i) either confiscate their motorbike until an adult turns up with the correct documentation.

ii) Or be lenient, confiscate their motorbike until they acquire helmets.

iii) Or just turn a blind eye.

What is the point of him making underage girls run around a motorbike unless it is to perv on them.

You, Sir, are a very sick unit! I suppose the idea of women changing nappies without wearing blinkers is offensive as well? Talk to your doctor, maybe he/she can help?? :wai:

Instead of just making people pay a fine for no helmet average 300 Baht, If I were the police or government in Thailand, I would make the rider go and buy a helmet and bring me the receipt and helmet and reduce the fine to 100 Baht.....

This way the fine of 300 Baht goes to good use..

17 hours ago, Briggsy said:

What is the point of him making underage girls run around a motorbike unless it is to perv on them.

Well, most of us wouldn't have even thought of this interpretation, so thanks for enlightening us.

By not enforcing the law from day one the police now have a tiger by the tail. To start apprehending and fining kids now would most probably bring forth an outcry from parents. Especially from so called Hi So and influential ones. On this one the police are on a hiding for nothing. Law enforcement must be seen to be done from the top and the officers on the sharp end supported for their actions.

19 hours ago, Briggsy said:

He should do his job,

i) either confiscate their motorbike until an adult turns up with the correct documentation.

I doubt it has anything to do with perversion. 

Those children, and a lot who see this, will think a lot more, and learn a lot more from this officer's clever actions. He has taught them something they'll remember. 

Real policing - something a great many police forces around the world could learn from and remember. How it used to be.

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Instead of just making people pay a fine for no helmet average 300 Baht, If I were the police or government in Thailand, I would make the rider go and buy a helmet and bring me the receipt and helmet and reduce the fine to 100 Baht.....

This way the fine of 300 Baht goes to good use..

How about have helmets in stock and sell em on the spot. would make a source good revenue. its a good idea

And then tou see the next topic in the forum " More and more youngsters under 15 die of road accidents involving motorbikes

Running around bike doesnt really effect them. They step on again and drive off without ..... helmets.

I ve seen them drive and not only yougsters, without helmets, on wrong side of road, with more then 2 persons on a bike, babies in the middle,  totally not aware they are in traffic.

I had 2 almost heart attacks when driving in Thailand, just 1 girl came from out of the blue of a parked car, on my side of the road towards me ! And 1 older guy crossed a crossing diagonally, where i was waiting for a red light to turn right. When it was green, i pulled up and he crossed me by inches. Thanx to my reflexes we missed.

I know driving in Thailand needs lots of awarenes and anticipating, and even then ......... You have to considder everything CAN happen, the weirdest situations. 

O and then not forget to mention,  you can see a movie from a stupid American, riding a bike down hill on full speed, using the whole road from left to right. Thinks he is amazing.

So it is a contagious disease  in THailand then to act stupid in traffic?

And then tou see the next topic in the forum " More and more youngsters under 15 die of road accidents involving motorbikes
Running around bike doesnt really effect them. They step on again and drive off without ..... helmets.
I ve seen them drive and not only yougsters, without helmets, on wrong side of road, with more then 2 persons on a bike, babies in the middle,  totally not aware they are in traffic.
I had 2 almost heart attacks when driving in Thailand, just 1 girl came from out of the blue of a parked car, on my side of the road towards me ! And 1 older guy crossed a crossing diagonally, where i was waiting for a red light to turn right. When it was green, i pulled up and he crossed me by inches. Thanx to my reflexes we missed.
I know driving in Thailand needs lots of awarenes and anticipating, and even then ......... You have to considder everything CAN happen, the weirdest situations. 

It humiliates them, so could be much more effective than a 300 baht fine.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:33 PM, Briggsy said:

He should do his job,

Youre a real fine upstanding citizen, are you?

It's none of your buiness what a Thai cop does in Thailand, you have no voice in the matter as a tourist.

You are a Farang and if you don't like how the Thais run their country you can talk to the police commisioner who will pay your air ticket home. That's what he said.

8 hours ago, bandito said:

Youre a real fine upstanding citizen, are you?

It's none of your buiness what a Thai cop does in Thailand, you have no voice in the matter as a tourist.

You are a Farang and if you don't like how the Thais run their country you can talk to the police commisioner who will pay your air ticket home. That's what he said.

Sounds like you have a pre booked air ticket already.